\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I got the chance to buy a rsx type s for DIRT cheap thinking of buying it to do a k20 swap it into my Integra. Anyone got any experience with rebuilding one? I know these motors have good potential but are expensive to do right.
what are your goals with the motor?

Stopped by the quadratec tent sale earlier. Jeep pics in spoiler.

20171007_104440.jpg
20171007_104624.jpg
20171007_105307.jpg
20171007_105502.jpg
20171007_105507.jpg
20171007_105725.jpg
20171007_105916.jpg
20171007_111558.jpg
20171007_111700.jpg
20171007_112039.jpg

what are your goals with the motor?
Was thinking about 400whp +/- from it just for a daily but looking into it id have to send it to the machine shop and replace the internals most people recommend sleeves ect. I think I'm gonna pass I still gotta take my ls to the machine shop in the next few weeks and the money i would build that k would give me alot more out of my ls.

Last edited:
Was thinking about 400whp +/- from it just for a daily but looking into it id have to send it to the machine shop and replace the internals most people recommend sleeves ect. I think I'm gonna pass I still gotta take my ls to the machine shop in the next few weeks and the money i would build that k would give me alot more out of my ls.
Honestly 400 with a built K would be an annoying daily (I’ve had a friend with one) But if you were to daily it and not spend a fortune, you could slap a turbo kit on it, tune, fuel injectors, and fuel pump for a safe 300 whp

Honestly 400 with a built K would be an annoying daily (I’ve had a friend with one) But if you were to daily it and not spend a fortune, you could slap a turbo kit on it, tune, fuel injectors, and fuel pump for a safe 300 whp
Was planning to do a turbo kit and push as much as I can on internals but with it's mileage I would have to replace them. I might buy to flip still tho

Does anyone here have the 2018 honda civic hatchback sport? I'm thinking about that as my next car.

Was planning to do a turbo kit and push as much as I can on internals but with it's mileage I would have to replace them. I might buy to flip still tho
You could definitely flip it if you ended up buying it. I almost copped a K24a2 (tsx motor) for 50 bucks with a rod knock. Would’ve inspected it, made sure the block was good, bought a rebuild kit, and voila, 700-800 bucks profit.

Does anyone here have the 2018 honda civic hatchback sport? I'm thinking about that as my next car.
I was pretty close to getting one. The power and handling is pretty decent for the price. It also looks very sporty and has nice wheels. If you're looking for a manual I'd go for the Si it's way too hard finding a hatch sport manual and for about 3k more it gives you way better interior with apple car play, smart key, Si seats that are nicely bolstered, better suspension and a slightly better turbo for more power. I'm sure there's stuff I missed but if you don't mind driving auto and don't plan to mod very much then the sport cvt should be plenty

i dont get jeep wranglers...........theyve been looking the same for so many years. the only thing that has changed is the damn interior :nerd: lol

i dont get jeep wranglers...........theyve been looking the same for so many years. the only thing that has changed is the damn interior :nerd: lol
they definitely have kept core characteristics over the years, but the gens are definitely are not the same. Wrangler is one of the few vehicles that doesnt have dramatic changes every few years and a lot of ppl like that. If it aint broke dont fix it. Its the ultimate light utility off road vehicle l, not much to get about it. plus you can take the ******* doors and top off.

Jeeps are iconic, no need for change. A little more power would be nice in the Wrangler tho.

Has to do more with gearing than the engine. Most come with 3.21s when you really need at least 3.73s but ideally something over 4. Especially when you add weight (tires, steel bumpers, etc)

Found a set of winters for the Jeep SRT8 in a 275/315 combo, what are the odds! All set for winter, bring on the snow and the slopes :smokin

20171009_155559.jpg

You could definitely flip it if you ended up buying it. I almost copped a K24a2 (tsx motor) for 50 bucks with a rod knock. Would’ve inspected it, made sure the block was good, bought a rebuild kit, and voila, 700-800 bucks profit.
I passed on it. I'm just gonna put together a kit for my b18 after I smog. Just gonna push 7-8 psi.
Found a set of winters for the Jeep SRT8 in a 275/315 combo, what are the odds! All set for winter, bring on the snow and the slopes :smokin

20171009_155559.jpg
I love those srt jeeps. I was looking into getting one but I couldnt justify the price when I can get a Blazer for half the price. Ended up getting a z28 :lol:

I passed on it. I'm just gonna put together a kit for my b18 after I smog. Just gonna push 7-8 psi.

I love those srt jeeps. I was looking into getting one but I couldnt justify the price when I can get a Blazer for half the price. Ended up getting a z28 :lol:
Yea they are pricey compared to vehicles of similar age, although my argument would be they also have 2x the power of a Blazer (maybe more?), and they do hold their value quite well. When I'm done school I'd really like to throw a supercharger on it, but in all likelihood I'll probably end up selling it by then :lol:

I was pretty close to getting one. The power and handling is pretty decent for the price. It also looks very sporty and has nice wheels. If you're looking for a manual I'd go for the Si it's way too hard finding a hatch sport manual and for about 3k more it gives you way better interior with apple car play, smart key, Si seats that are nicely bolstered, better suspension and a slightly better turbo for more power. I'm sure there's stuff I missed but if you don't mind driving auto and don't plan to mod very much then the sport cvt should be plenty
Thank you!

SO MY MIND IS MADE UP. GOING TO BUY A SUBARU WRX FOR MY DAILY. MOVING TO CLEVELAND. I NEED THAT 4 WHEEL DRIVE.
Aren't you living on the west side? The amount of snow you're going to see is really gonna disappoint you if that's what you're preparing for. It all goes to the East. But coming from Houston I imagine it's possible you'll feel differently :lol: All about perspective I guess

If anyone could help me with this

I got a 08 civic

Recently the car started making some squeaking noises. Very faint. I thought it was the serpentine belt so i got it replaced

Well the noise is back again but this time it only happens when i turn the wheel right. And it's happening on and off

Im thinking maybe it's my steering fluid (haven't gotten it changed since last July) but my mechanic doesn't want to tell me anything unless he hears the noise. But it wont ever happen when he's in th car with me

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the problem?

Back
Top Bottom