\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

2014 Audi R8 v10+ or new nsx. Thoughts?

31008d6a1f03abc9cb268b7ca991b878.jpg

The car would be pretty much a DD. I’ve heard great things about both the nsx and r8 being used everyday while most of what I see say the gt3 is better suited for the track.

What’s deprecation look like on them gt3’s. Looking to get one in like 3 maybe 4 years. I know can’t predict for sure but what’s it been like in the past??

I can't comment on the NSX but the 991 GT3 would make for a better DD than the R8 in almost every aspect. Porsche's ergonomics are second-to-none. The R8, by contrast, has horrible ergonomics... low roofline, terrible visibility/blind spots, etc. Every time I've driven one, I could not wait to give the keys back. Curb appeal is the only category in which the R8 would have the GT3 beat, and quite frankly for a daily driver I don't think I would want something that attracted that much attention. And if the GT3 is too hardcore for you, perhaps a GTS would be a nice compromise. Either way, the R8 would be at the bottom of the heap for me.

Last edited:
Think a lot of the criticism from critics were because it wasn't a 1990s NSX V2.

Seen a lot of videos from guys like Matt Farah and they seem to love it.
Yeah this was stupid to me when the car first came out. im gonna hit my boy with this point too next time he brings it up. ol' girl did a good job with the design of the car.. dont care what anyone says

I personally would invest in a beater daily if those are the cars you’re looking at. When it comes to cars like those, mileage affects resale value drastically. Not sure of your commute but I don’t even drive my Carrera more than twice a week, and it isn’t even one of those crazy Porsches.

A comfortable, plush daily driver is a must for me. But I commute 80 miles a day and I know that isn’t standard.

If I’m spending that much I’m gonna drive it, resale be damned. Can’t put a price on my enjoyment. I’ll gladly take a hit on resale if I get years of enjoyment out of it. That said I’ll still have a second car.

I've seen a member on the BMW forums get the nsx for 1300 a month I believe. Supply is outweighing demand for the nsx so they are changing the ordering process to made to order

I personally would invest in a beater daily if those are the cars you’re looking at. When it comes to cars like those, mileage affects resale value drastically. Not sure of your commute but I don’t even drive my Carrera more than twice a week, and it isn’t even one of those crazy Porsches.

A comfortable, plush daily driver is a must for me. But I commute 80 miles a day and I know that isn’t standard.

Blasphemy. I daily drive my GT3. Mind you it's the worst daily driver on the planet, but I still do it :lol:

As a VW/Audi fanboy, AND someone who is thoroughly disappointed in the styling of the NSX vs. the old NSX....
I would not buy one, given any choice of what to plop down that amount of cash for. like someone said Id buy a lesser chassis and modify/ engine swap.

If I were choosing between the R8 V10 and the NSX... I think I would choose the NSX.
1) The technology is newer. Despite not sounding as good as the V10, you are getting a superior technology.
2) The R8 is due for some changes... It's a bit played out at this point. I actually double take more at the TTRS now.
3) We've seen this with sneakers that sit on shelves. Nobody wants the NSX. Nobody buys the NSX. They end production or make them made to order and BLAM 15 years later car appreciates to 3 times its real value.

Neither of them are DDs in my opinion

There are people getting huge discounts on the nsx right now. I’ve seen a few getting leases for well under $1500/month. I’d consider refinancing after the term or moving on to something else. Like I said I would still have a second car for bad weather.

I would not buy one, given any choice of what to plop down that amount of cash for. like someone said Id buy a lesser chassis and modify/ engine swap.

Neither of them are DDs in my opinion
They dont wanna hear that they care more about flexxing. Most of them have a car purposed for the track but they will never see the track.

Back
Top Bottom