\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Thanks guys.  I'm not planning to change the rims, I love them.

J4K, that blue is beautiful.  I wish I had a garage for my car.  It's impossible keeping her clean 
tired.gif

Invest in a good quality outdoor car cover. Bird crap is a b**** to get out, thing burns and etches through the clear coat within minutes, even worse if the it bakes under a scorching sun.
  Crap, just learned this this hard way today after tring to wipe that crap off my car after a few days and I saw that it seemed to get in the paint. Is there anyway to fix this?
Depends how deep the etching it. Worst scenario, you going to need to wet sand (with 3500 grit sandpaper iirc) and then polish, wax and seal. What you can try is wash the car, use a clear coat safe polish, get the more abrasive polish like Scratch X by Mequiars. Polish it 3-4 times while following the instructions. See if it removes the etching. If it does work, then wax and seal. If it doesn't, and you're feeling brave, go with the sandpaper technique or to a professional that can fix it. 

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

i never realized how high a stock a5 sits

And I already had the "sport" suspension.  I would guess the stock suspension is even a bit higher.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

J4K, that blue is beautiful.  I wish I had a garage for my car.  It's impossible keeping her clean 
tired.gif

Invest in a good quality outdoor car cover. Bird crap is a b**** to get out, thing burns and etches through the clear coat within minutes, even worse if the it bakes under a scorching sun.
  Crap, just learned this this hard way today after tring to wipe that crap off my car after a few days and I saw that it seemed to get in the paint. Is there anyway to fix this?
Depends how deep the etching it. Worst scenario, you going to need to wet sand (with 3500 grit sandpaper iirc) and then polish, wax and seal. What you can try is wash the car, use a clear coat safe polish, get the more abrasive polish like Scratch X by Mequiars. Polish it 3-4 times while following the instructions. See if it removes the etching. If it does work, then wax and seal. If it doesn't, and you're feeling brave, go with the sandpaper technique or to a professional that can fix it. 

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

i never realized how high a stock a5 sits

And I already had the "sport" suspension.  I would guess the stock suspension is even a bit higher.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Gotta get me a car this summer.

So close but holding out for potential summer deals.

Will there be summer deals?

summer is the worst time to buy a car. winter is the best..

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Really? I was thinking about waiting but I've waited so long. If I have to, I can though.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Really? I was thinking about waiting but I've waited so long. If I have to, I can though.

tired.gif

I always heard that outdoor covers cause more harm then good.  Moisture gets underneath them causing problems.  Plus, no matter how good the material is, it can cause abrasions to the paint.
Assuming your car is parked in a open lot, a car cover can attract negative attention too (saw a covered car vandalized multiple times in a parking lot at my old school)

I think your best bet is to wash with the "2-bucket method" every 2-3 weeks (I use Optimum No Rinse wash ... great stuff unless the car is really dirty)

tired.gif

I always heard that outdoor covers cause more harm then good.  Moisture gets underneath them causing problems.  Plus, no matter how good the material is, it can cause abrasions to the paint.
Assuming your car is parked in a open lot, a car cover can attract negative attention too (saw a covered car vandalized multiple times in a parking lot at my old school)

I think your best bet is to wash with the "2-bucket method" every 2-3 weeks (I use Optimum No Rinse wash ... great stuff unless the car is really dirty)

Keep a look out for Honda/Acura deals. Their sales are terrible this year and with the new Accord coming out, good deals are bound to surface around summer time to increase their sales. New Altima has been revealed too so the demand for that might go up so the older gen will go on deeper discounts for that.

Any specific cars you're looking to get?

Keep a look out for Honda/Acura deals. Their sales are terrible this year and with the new Accord coming out, good deals are bound to surface around summer time to increase their sales. New Altima has been revealed too so the demand for that might go up so the older gen will go on deeper discounts for that.

Any specific cars you're looking to get?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

4wrestling your stock rims are JUST FINE

exactly, those are easily one of the best wheels there is IMO i wouldnt change them if you paid me.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

4wrestling your stock rims are JUST FINE

exactly, those are easily one of the best wheels there is IMO i wouldnt change them if you paid me.

Originally Posted by Baybully650

picked this up last Friday and loving it.
Very nice but those wheels looks puny. 

Yeah - I plan on putting on some 22" stormers when I have some extra funds. For the time being stock works.

Back
Top Bottom