\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nice camaro!

2010 (i think) Pontiac G6... It does the job. V6 engine which is neat I guess.
voqyw9.jpg

Question to those with a short ram intake on their cars. I'm planning on buying one and I was wondering if you guys would recommend buying the air box that came with it? Some say that I should get it so it will keep out the heat coming from the engine so the intake won't suck it in. Others say it makes no difference having an air box on the intake. So what is NTs take on it? 

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Question to those with a short ram intake on their cars. I'm planning on buying one and I was wondering if you guys would recommend buying the air box that came with it? Some say that I should get it so it will keep out the heat coming from the engine so the intake won't suck it in. Others say it makes no difference having an air box on the intake. So what is NTs take on it? 

You mean a heat shield? Nah, you're fine. I feel like it makes no difference. Only go heat shield if you're trying to show off the engine bay. Looks nicer is all

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by bjamez20

"new" used tires today, 33s fill the wheel wells a lot better

new tires by bjamez20, on Flickr
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

broncos are too sick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
hell yea dude, i dont feel like i'm driving a car in that thing, i feel like i'm captaining a damn ship
taking the top off for summer tomorrow, i'll post some more pics

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

New pickup...my startoff dream car, R8 will be copped one day...
laugh.gif
Congrats on the Camaro! I want one bad but they are just too small for me 6'4"
Ditch that tail though fam. 

laugh.gif
should've at least gotten da RS package b.... dem steelies look like u took em off a police cruiser.

Originally Posted by migit1209

You mean a heat shield? Nah, you're fine. I feel like it makes no difference. Only go heat shield if you're trying to show off the engine bay. Looks nicer is all
Oh ok thanks! Yeah the place I was getting the intake from called it an air box, but it serves the same purpose. And the shield looks ugly anyway, just a black box that covers the intake filter. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
should've at least gotten da RS package b.... dem steelies look like u took em off a police cruiser.

Yeah I am not feeling those rims at all, or the spoiler. Other than that, bueno.

I never understood why dudes would cop these GM/Mopar cars with no V8 . Thats a joke.

And were the caddys >?

i push a 2000 deville .

Originally Posted by TupacsBack

I never understood why dudes would cop these GM/Mopar cars with no V8 . Thats a joke.

And were the caddys >?

i push a 2000 deville .
This is 2012 
laugh.gif
, these V6 joints are putting up the same or better HP than their V8 predecessors and are still faster/more powerful than alot of cars on the road so why not?  Why not go for better mileage/price point and still get great performance? Plus everybody isnt buying a car to race. 300+ HP is damn good honestly.

Eh I'd rather have the V6 that gets 30mpg and still pushes 323 horses than going up another 4g's just to get "da hemi". I'll probably be getting the spoiler taken off and paint the whole thing matte blue later this summer hopefully.

whats up with that spoiler on the camaro? stock? i never seen that before.....not feelin it

Performance wise, it won't make a difference...hell I'm not even sure mine makes a difference since swapping out my stock intake box...just sounds a lot better. Anyway, install it with the heat shield. Unless you have a really covered up engine bay like a lot of the luxury cars, or if you have an air diversion panel, the shield will keep out that extra dust and your intake won't dirty as fast.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

whats up with that spoiler on the camaro? stock? i never seen that before.....not feelin it
Actually just looked on the website and it is a high wing spoiler that was installed by the dealer, so I'm pretty sure it can be removed.

Every day i look for a car my opinions change, this time I'm digging Subaru. Really like the WRX Wagon. Nothing new maybe from 02-05? Anybody have any info on them? Cost, durability, and reliability?

Eh I'd rather have the V6 that gets 30mpg and still pushes 323 horses than going up another 4g's just to get "da hemi". I'll probably be getting the spoiler taken off and paint the whole thing matte blue later this summer hopefully.
these cars are HEAVY though, so having 300 horses on da V6 FROM DA CRANK is basically a underpowered experience.

Back
Top Bottom