\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

1595124515906.png

mans has no worry of cops :cool

but congrats it sounds good, does it drone at all?
thats the most important thing in an exhaust to me at least.

LOL! YEA LOCAL PD IS THE LEAST OF MY WORRIES.
NAH IT DOESNT DRONE AT ALL AT CRUISING SPEED. ITS ACTUALLY RATHER QUIET AT 65-70MPH

found a 2012 sierra 1500 single cab with 100k miles, all stock minues some wack wheels.

really thinking of pulling the trigger, dude is asking 12k.
at 10k i think it would be a good deal what yall think.
waiting to get the vin to maybe do a thorough check, its a clean title.

2014 911 targa 4s. Between generations and across models a lot of Porsche’s do look very similar and use a lot of the same parts. Probably helps to keep costs down but also keeps things consistent across the board. Most people who do t pay attention would probably have a hard tome telling the difference between a 997 and a 992. I for one prefer the subtle differences from generation to generation. Shows that the brand really builds upon previous models rather than going through a complete redesign every few years. Also speaks to what they think of their engineering and design if they only feel the need to make minor improvements.
Thanks for the informative response. I have a hard time telling what kind of Porsche any of them are lol all I know is they're gorgeous machines inside out. Makes sense when you have a proven product to build upon it rather than overhauling into something new completely. Sick ride fam

Adds to the mystique of the brand as well. Porsche 911 are the only vehicle top of mind that hasn't got through a major overhaul in design since its introduction.
Jeeps are really the only other vehicle that I think has been pretty consistent from its inception too
boywonder boywonder You can throw the Challengers/Chargers into that mix as well. The current gen Challenger made a comeback in '08 & all they've done to it are minor fascia upgrades/taillights design went from mimicking the '70 model to mimicking the '71 model year. Subtle changes with LED lighting, improved on brakes with 6 pistons being introduced in the 2015 Hellcat models. Improved on the engine reliability & increased performance- all this applies to the Chargers as well. I know you're not a fan of them & I sound bias because I have one myself but factually talking current Mopars also have not had a major overhaul in design since its introduction in current form 👍

plansb plansb I agree Jeeps are in that mix. Given current gen Chargers/Challengers haven't been around on a yearly basis for decades at a time & don't have overall model longevity in terms of years like Jeep/Porsche models have been because they went on a hiatus after the 70s but Mopar def is building on their products as well just like the other 2 brands mentioned imo. I'd even put Camaros & Mustangs in that convo but they have had major re-designs over the years although Mustang like Jeep & Porsche has consistently been around for decades on end 👍

boywonder boywonder You can throw the Challengers/Chargers into that mix as well. The current gen Challenger made a comeback in '08 & all they've done to it are minor fascia upgrades/taillights design went from mimicking the '70 model to mimicking the '71 model year. Subtle changes with LED lighting, improved on brakes with 6 pistons being introduced in the 2015 Hellcat models. Improved on the engine reliability & increased performance- all this applies to the Chargers as well. I know you're not a fan of them & I sound bias because I have one myself but factually talking current Mopars also have not had a major overhaul in design since its introduction in current form 👍

plansb plansb I agree Jeeps are in that mix. Given current gen Chargers/Challengers haven't been around on a yearly basis for decades at a time & don't have overall model longevity in terms of years like Jeep/Porsche models have been because they went on a hiatus after the 70s but Mopar def is building on their products as well just like the other 2 brands mentioned imo. I'd even put Camaros & Mustangs in that convo but they have had major re-designs over the years although Mustang like Jeep & Porsche has consistently been around for decades on end 👍

Sorry bud. Gotta disagree with you there. The Chargers and Challengers have not been consistent over the generations. Take a look at the pictures below. The Chargers were originally two doors and now they're 4 doors today. Dodge has not kept the same and consistent design with these cars over the years. The Challenger today does reflect the retro look of the old one though.

Charger
dodge-charger-1st-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-2nd-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-3rd-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-4th-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-5th-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-6th-generation.jpg

DG013_038CH__1_.jpg

Challenger
dodge-challenger-1st-generation.jpg

dodge-challenger-2nd-generation.jpg

dodge-challenger-3rd-generation.jpg

You can see how drastic the 80's look for Dodge versus the 70s. Where as 80's Porsche, the overall silhouette still maintains even though the lines and curves are somewhat different. Same for the Wrangler.

Porsche-911-Generations.jpg

When tf is dodge going to make the next gen charger/challenger? Didn’t they already use an older platform back in 08? I know they still sell the **** out of them, but it’s mostly because of cheap hp than anything else imo.

When tf is dodge going to make the next gen charger/challenger? Didn’t they already use an older platform back in 08? I know they still sell the **** out of them, but it’s mostly because of cheap hp than anything else imo.

THIS WAS ONE REASON WHY I DECIDED TO WAIT ON GETTING A HELLCAT... I WAS EXPECTING THE BODY TO CHANGE FOR 2020(5YR MARK).... NOPE STILL ROLLING. SO I JUST WENT WITH A SCAT, AND THAT MAKES 2 OF THIS CURRENT BODYSTYLE THAT IVE HAD.

SO HOPEFULLY A NEW BODY IS COMING WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR OR 2.

This is what I’m wondering. I like the current design but I feel like they can only stretch it so far. Also interested in how they redesign it without getting too far from the original design

Sorry bud. Gotta disagree with you there. The Chargers and Challengers have not been consistent over the generations. Take a look at the pictures below. The Chargers were originally two doors and now they're 4 doors today. Dodge has not kept the same and consistent design with these cars over the years. The Challenger today does reflect the retro look of the old one though.

Charger
dodge-charger-1st-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-2nd-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-3rd-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-4th-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-5th-generation.jpg

dodge-charger-6th-generation.jpg

DG013_038CH__1_.jpg

Challenger
dodge-challenger-1st-generation.jpg

dodge-challenger-2nd-generation.jpg

dodge-challenger-3rd-generation.jpg

You can see how drastic the 80's look for Dodge versus the 70s. Where as 80's Porsche, the overall silhouette still maintains even though the lines and curves are somewhat different. Same for the Wrangler.

Porsche-911-Generations.jpg
When I said they've been consistent I was talking about the current gen not the past 60s into the 70s, I was referring to the 05-present for Chargers & 08-present for Challengers which is why I said "current Mopars also have not had a major overhaul in design since its introduction in current form 👍" but if we're talking strictly from time of inception to today than yeah the Mopars don't qualify. And you're totally right today's Chargers are 4 doors. They wanted the retro flavor to heavily be invested into the Challenger & at the sametime I guess they figured having the powerful V8s in a 4 door sedan will also bring in revenue & they haven't been wrong according to Charger sales. Agreed the Challenger today does reflect the looks of the old one which is lovely. Same shape & form just a lot chunkier lol. And good God what the heck was Dodge thinking with the late 70s Chargers? Those are sooo ugly imo. Some dude has one in migraine red color around my way. It was ugly back then & is even uglier today 1975-1978 model years. And that abomination of a "Challenger" from 1978-1983 lol I don't even count that, its just a rebadged variant of the early Mitsubishi Galant Lambda coupe. I don't even want to get started on that wannabe Foxbody Charger looking thing. Agreed the silhouette of the Jeeps & Porsches of that era were consistent

Back
Top Bottom