\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Q50 with that 3.0t easily can hit 520whp with bolt on and a tune lol. Now that in a lightweight Z, gonna be so much fun as long they fix the famous belt and turbo issue the current 3.0t issues the Infiniti boys dealing with.

Ur the dude that has the wife with the F type right ?
Nothing wrong with that, lol! 👍👍 F Type is a beautiful car. I like the Proto back end better than the current car. The Proto goes out further to a basically flat vertical taillight area, where as the current Z has that little bump to a curved bumper. I think the new car is cleaner out back. Yeah, the grill needs some work. I know what they were trying for, as the 240 has that rectangular opening, but it also had a long chrome bumper to go across it and break up the area. But I like what they did. Like the pic above, at least it isn't as bad as the new BMW grilles those are horrid!! I do like the hood. Very 240z on that.

Playing around fixing the front of the Z. Changing that grill opening to a trapezoid and creating a faux-aero vent
nissan-z-proto-109-1599674382.png
Now it just looks like another refresh on a 370z
Honestly disappointed with them at this point. They took all the things Nissan fanboys wanted and fumbled.
S13/14 inspired rear on a 350z body with a fair lady z badge :smh:

freshpairs freshpairs Ok so around my way, ceramic coating can be upwards of $1,500-$2,000- I used to laugh at that price BUT after my 1st time doing it 3 years back I totally understand why they charge what they charge. It is a VERY labor intensive treatment. You have to clay bar the car first than paint correction to remove swirls/scratches than finishing polish & finally ceramic coat. All of those steps are done panel by panel by panel. The bigger the vehicle the longer it'll take. I did the paint correction 2 days ago on my Challenger- went into the garage & started @ 6:30PM...didn't leave the garage till 1:30AM. Ceramic coating was done yesterday & a total of 3 1/2 hours was needed. I know your question was how much should one pay & how often should it be done but I just want to share everything I've learned & trying to pass along the knowledge. Whenever I read on here people asking about opinions on ceramic coating I was quick to say that eventually the swirls come back. This wasn't the products fault but rather my own. When drying a car- I do not care how supple, plush, & soft a drying towel is it will ALWAYS bring back a small amount of swirls. The more you wash/detail the more swirls will return. Me & my brother are detail nut jobs so we are always constantly trying to educate ourselves & better our techniques on detailing. After applying the ceramic for the first time in 2017 I would after handwashing use soft microfiber towels from Adam's Polishe's to dry the car, drying the ***** takes 30-45 mins alone. I have now decided I will no longer dry my car with a towel & instead will only be using a car air dryer & blower. They go for $100-$500 & have between 3 to 8hp. The mistake people make, myself included, is not the waxing & coating but how it's all maintained there after

freshpairs freshpairs Also, once a car is ceramic coated...it's a good idea to hit it with some ceramic boost after each wash or two. This will maintain that buttery smooth finish on the paint. My Challenger started developing some rough areas towards the front of the car compared to the rest of it. This is because cars are driven in a forward direction mostly & the dirt & debris hits the frontend more than any other area. On Labor Day me & my brother did our cars. His 370Z & my Challenger. We clayed both cars first. We used chemical guys clay bar. For some odd reason, on my car, the clay bar left some scuffs which surprised me. To clay bar you need clay lube or soapy water & gently go over panel by panel to remove the old wax along with any dust & particles water cannot. I then realized over the past 3 years my Challenger had caked in a lot of product such as layers of F11 topcoat, detaily spray, waterless wash...maybe this is why the clay wasn't able to be dragged across smoothly. I then ordered a more aggressive liquid from Adam's Polishe's called strip wash. This gets deep into the paint & loosens up every layer of product applied to the paint. It was then off to the garage to start the paint correction/ ceramic coating treatment. We use Chemical Guys VSS compound/polish 2-in-1 for scratch/swirl removal. I began the process on my car but the damn scuffs were still there after 2 passes with the buffing machine. I was soo pist after all that work the scuffs still wouldn't budge. We then switched to a finishing polish that removes imperfections/scuffs from the finish. This polish finally got all the scuffs out thank goodness. Certain areas on the car have deep scratches as they are high impact areas like the hood & front bumper. I did the paint correction/finishing polish for 7 1/2 hours Monday. It is back breaking work man. The next morning my hamstrings, calves were shot from all the bending/squatting and moving around with the buffer. Remember I had to paint correct & then polish using a different polish for the stupid scuffs. Had that f'ing clay bar not scuffed my paint job the 2-in-1 VSS polish would've sufficed. It goes on as a compound & comes off as a polish. Than yesterday was step 4-ceramic coating. Started @ 4PM & finished by 7:30PM. It is so damn tedious & annoying. You have to dab the applicator pad with drops of the coating & do a 2 by 2 foot area at a time. Adam's says 30-40 seconds is enough & than after you see the product rainbow you can wipe it off with a clean plush microfiber towel. Every panel needs to be hit with surface prep spray BEFORE the ceramic is applied because you need every last piece of dust & particles off the panel. If you don't then it will get caked in with the layer of ceramic & that defeats the entire purpose. After 24 hours(indoor storage is preferred as you don't want to expose the car to any moisture before applying the ceramic boost as well as letting it all ceramic cure) you can finally hit it with ceramic boost spray. What this does is bring a deeper shine to the ceramic + makes the paint soo silky smooth you will not want to stop molesting it lol

yeah i have something to say
thats a weird thing to ask
since u have been "trolling" about that for a while
Do u really find yourself funny?
i didnt think he was being funny at all
i just assumed that was the way he remembered that particular nter
like say if someone was like u remember "ohsnaps"
and they was like is that the dude who said he would suck d for some true blues
i just assumed it was just to try and remember who it was
not as a dig at dude or his girl
im confused on what the issue is
is there something im missing

freshpairs freshpairs Once it all comes together, you'll see why shops charge $2,000+ for the service. I messed up with the ceramic in couple of areas. The ceramic application makes a lot of people nervous. If it's not buffed out 100% it'll streak on your paint. When I pulled the Shaker out the garge today, a few panels still had ceramic left on it...it is all dried up now & can't be buffed out hy hand. This is all my brother's fault lol. The little ****er came to the garage yesterday where I was at after work & after a little while started to get impatient since the Celtics vs Heat game was on. He kept pestering me to work faster lol & not going to lie after going at it for hours & hours you can't help but feel assed out with all the rubbing and arm movement. But, no biggie I can get it out. I also screwed up a little on my hood where the higher concentration of deep scratches are. We switched to an orange pad with a cutting polish for this & being the idiot I am I applied TOO much product onto the pad lol. I will email Adam's & ask em what's the best/safest way to get all the excess polish out as well what to use to buff out the dried up ceramic. That being said, I really hope all this info helped you with any questions you had. You can either cough up 2 stacks or educate yourself on the process by watching videos & do the process yourself. When you do it yourself it's always that much more rewarding. Any further questions let me know, I gotchu. Sorry for the novel of a response but theirs just soo much info to be told lol. In 2017 before going in blind on my Challenger I used my sister-in-laws Honda Accord as the guinea pig car to perfect my buffer skills lol.

yeah i have something to say
thats a weird thing to ask
since u have been "trolling" about that for a while
Do u really find yourself funny?

I didnt find that comment to be in a bad way, was lighthearted. I made a lighthearted quip about the “my wifes F Type” before too and he was cool. :lol:

Tranquilo.

freshpairs freshpairs Here are some pics of the process & products. To avoid further scuffing, I switched to Adams's Visco Clay Bar.
20200907_103814.jpg
20200907_132008.jpg
20200914_235030.jpg
20200914_235114.jpg
20200916_172811.jpg
20200916_172851.jpg
20200916_172911.jpg
20200916_182257.jpg
20200916_210504.jpg
20200916_182922.jpg
Everytime we do this process we get better & better. Mistakes will happen as we're not pros but it's soo satisfying to know we did ALL this with our own hands...detailing is therapeutic. As we live in an apt & not a house we don't have the luxury of a private garage so we do all the work in the dingy management garage where I park my Challenger. I've learned after the 2nd time doing this **** that it's a wonderful idea to bring with us a hookah pipe for energy lol/fan for air/magnatized LED bars for extra light & a stool or chair with wheels for easier movements or else you're going to have to drag the chair you're sitting on every 3 minutes to the next panel.

Back
Top Bottom