\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Finally pulled the trigger, 2020 SRT
1619094565088.png
:pimp:

upgrade the oh **** handles for you passengers

Reactions: 17
No, cars under 30k aren't meh, and yes there's dope cars under 30k. But you're saying 2 of them. So now you're looking for one under 20k, which yes you can get a nice Accord or MAYBE a used Infiniti, Mustang whatever, and then what, get another eco car around 10k? For what again, just to switch on and off and pay a few hundred more in insurance? Just get one nice whip under $30 and call its day. :lol:
The man said he had around 35k I suggested 20k towards a fun car the rest towards a daily. Even if he spends 25k for fun car that's still 10k for a decent daily. Now unless your car has to be 2017 or newer there are plenty of great reliable cars around that price. The right fun car with a daily can even make u money like it has in my case although that's just an added plus I know cars aren't really an investment. Ultimately it's a matter of preference and yes a couple hundred more in insurance is worth it to me. I also don't like the direction many companies have gone and prefer many older models so our tastes are probably different altogether.

The man said he had around 35k I suggested 20k towards a fun car the rest towards a daily. Even if he spends 25k for fun car that's still 10k for a decent daily. Now unless your car has to be 2017 or newer there are plenty of great reliable cars around that price. The right fun car with a daily can even make u money like it has in my case although that's just an added plus I know cars aren't really an investment. Ultimately it's a matter of preference and yes a couple hundred more in insurance is worth it to me. I also don't like the direction many companies have gone and prefer many older models so our tastes are probably different altogether.

Or save the $10k? Why have 2 cars if thats not what you want/need. Why make the money back on the $10k you just used. :lol: Especially when the whole point was I need a new car, this is my budget.

So you're telling me he can't bring it down or eat maybe an extra 1-2k after negotiation? ie something like this, get the price down a bit and ask them to CPO it or ext warranty
*edit, autotrader links are trash, but search any f80 from a BMW dealership

Or this from a private seller, who are easier to negotiate with if funds are ready asap, especially with 2 months no bites

Either way, it's only a longshot suggestion, doesn't have to do anything.

Last edited:
Or save the $10k? Why have 2 cars if thats not what you want/need. Why make the money back on the $10k you just used. :lol: Especially when the whole point was I need a new car, this is my budget.
Absolutely whatever works for you. Plenty of folks own multiple vehicles not as ridiculous or impractical as your trying to make it seem. He has the means to do it well that's all I was pointing out.

Got them done at NYC wheel pros in Sunset Park

Yea I went thru the automated joint |l:ohwell:

I gotta do better bro lol
Looks great. Lol it's all good, I was just messin with you
Eh its silver, youll be fine. Black though? You dont wanna be washing your car and detailing it for hours just to buff off scratches. I mean, black cars get dirty after 3 hours anyway so idk why anyone would spend that much time detailing their black car in front of their building with 100foot hoses...

J/k Z. :lol:

Hate black cars cause I had one and that thang was a pain. To be fair my garageis dusty af, a fine layer everyday.
:rofl:I'm that weirdo with 100 foot hoses outside the building cleaning his cars lol..holla @ ya boy. But nah, you right black cars are beyond a pain in the *** to keep clean but I wouldn't get any other color. It's such a dope color to me

Absolutely whatever works for you. Plenty of folks own multiple vehicles not as ridiculous or impractical as your trying to make it seem. He has the means to do it well that's all I was pointing out.

No for sure, weekend car and a to b car. My point is that with a $35k budget, I don't know many people who'd rather 2 cars than just one nice(r) one.

then they used the smallest bricks they can find smh. I wish people like that would get caught in the act, no way these criminals have speed level of a damn Nascar pit crew lol, and stealing these wheels in record breaking time.
Word!!! That's what I said like you couldn't find smaller bricks? Lol i wish the same & for them to get their asses handed to em. You don't get to choose how someone reacts when you steal from them. You'd be surprised, some of these guys are true professionals lol. In n out in a blink of an eye. My brother knows dude with the truck, knocked on his apt. door & told em what happened. He was really upset, angry & sad understandably. Where his truck is parked ,their is a tenant who has 2 cameras mounted outside their windows. He was nice enough to show him the footage. It happened yesterday morning at 3:08AM & it was one dude who stole it believe it or not for the most part. He did his thing, ducked low when security patrol car would drive past & once he was done he put all 4 wheels & tires in the bed. Came back 15 mins later, 2 cars this time, loaded up everything & casually drove off. *******s

been trying to figure out what I want for the longest. I'm partial to BMW and want something fully or mostly depreciated. the short list: e39 m5, e46 m3, e92 m3, 135i, m235i, '11-13 X5M, '09-11 Cayenne? :lol:

probably some Benz's that fit the bill too but I'm not as familiar with their lineup over the years, and which ones didn't have major issues. never been into Audis

an e39 m5 without huge miles or huge premium seems impossible at this point. I also realize the insanity of buying a 20 yr old M car

135s are ugly as hell but I like how small and cheap they are w/ the n55. I lean that way over the m235 which I don't particularly like the look of either

never owned an SUV and don't NEED one, but it would be nice to have the space at times and drivability in the winter. realistically the e46 and e92 are still the favorites: a pleasure to drive, simple, and raw

needless to say this is why I've been in a beater the last 4-5 years :lol:

Looks great. Lol it's all good, I was just messin with you

:rofl:I'm that weirdo with 100 foot hoses outside the building cleaning his cars lol..holla @ ya boy. But nah, you right black cars are beyond a pain in the *** to keep clean but I wouldn't get any other color. It's such a dope color to me

Im playing bro. More power to you, takes a lot of dedication and know how with black cars. I for one, will never own another one in black, though I do love how some cars look in black. Feel BMW's look better in black, Benz' look amazing in white.

Actually only car id get in black (blacked out) is a Model X. :lol:

Anyone here ever remodel their garage? I have the absolute worst garage, I changed the door to make it a bit more modern. Now the last part is really just gutting it and redoing the flooring/installing cabinets for storage.

I’ve been holding off on doing it because I’ll have to disconnect my Tesla charger and that will render my bolt and MX useless. So I will most likely be using my Porsche for a month straight or perhaps just using the MX and going to Superchargers.

nonetheless, I think I want an air compressor for filling tires and some nice rubber flooring. I’ve seen some cool epoxy ones but I think rubber is more practical. Hoping some of you guys have some ideas, nothing too crazy or outlandish.

M240i with some mods(driver) and a tune is gonna spank most cars on the road unless you punching way out your league. No cap
it is definitely a good choice for his budget if he wants euro
although a camaro ss might be a better bang for buck if found in that range.
plus da ls >>>>>> b58

So my brother & I invested in a power washer. We were using a regular garden hose before but having this increases the pressure of the water & guarantees a deeper, cleaner wash. Also, we upgraded our foam gun to a foam cannon. The gun was cool but the soap would slide off pretty quick especially on my Challenger since it's ceramic coated. The cannon however sprays it on in such a way that it gets caked on pretty well & doesn't slither off. We now no longer use our cleaning mitt to rub the soap so it's soak the cars with the cannon, let the soap stay on for a few mins & than pressure wash it off followed by blow drying to get the water off so it's truly a touchless wash. Further decreases swirls & fine hairline scratches from forming. Also, my brother dropped his Max some inches with springs & got 18" Infiniti rims + clear white H.I.D.'s- looks real good.
Screenshot_20210418-140710_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-140728_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-140752_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-140804_Video Player.jpg
20210416_224142.jpg
20210417_203439.jpg
20210417_203441.jpg

Excellent bud. Let me tell you, the difference between an Amazon foam cannon and the best of the best MTM PF 22.2 Foam Cannon is like night and day. I thought it was the soap but it was the gun. What soap do you use? I highly recommend the Honeydew foam soap from Chemical Guys. Stuff is outstanding & looks like your car when covered. But do yourself a favor. Get a short stubby gun. It will make cleaning so much easier and simpler. When you have the long gun and then add the weight of a cannon, it's a royal PITA.

I went all in with a new set of stuff for my Portland (Harbor Freight) electric pressure washer. I went onto MTM's website (mtmhydroparts.com). Bought their Premium Pro 3 Kit. For the price ($264.99) they give you the best cannon (the PF22.2 which is AMAZING), the SG28 stubby gun, extension wand for the gun (for washing siding or anything you want to stand back from) and a 3/8" 50 foot rubber hose. The hose is awesome as the one that usually comes with most inexpensive pressure washers are plastic and kink like crazy.

This hose is great and being 50' makes it unnecessary to move the actual washer. Watch their site as they usually do some discounts for holidays. Get it with a 15% off and I believe I paid around $240 for everything (no shipping but sales tax). All and all I'm thrilled with it. And to make it even easier, make sure you add quick connects to every part so you can hook up in a snap. 👍 Makes washing the cars so much easier now. Here's what the gun and soap looks like on one of my wife's cars. I love that cannon! Super happy with it!
PXL_20210418_165201604.jpg

Anyone here ever remodel their garage? I have the absolute worst garage, I changed the door to make it a bit more modern. Now the last part is really just gutting it and redoing the flooring/installing cabinets for storage.

I’ve been holding off on doing it because I’ll have to disconnect my Tesla charger and that will render my bolt and MX useless. So I will most likely be using my Porsche for a month straight or perhaps just using the MX and going to Superchargers.

nonetheless, I think I want an air compressor for filling tires and some nice rubber flooring. I’ve seen some cool epoxy ones but I think rubber is more practical. Hoping some of you guys have some ideas, nothing too crazy or outlandish.
Those epoxy floors absolutely change the look of a garage. definitely recommend that.

As for air compressor I use a small pancake one from home depot and it gets the job done for the car/bikes/moto

I feel that garage's are so unloved, a nice one definitely makes your home more beautiful
personally I would need something like this
1619112576464.png

1619112600902.png

personally Im a fan of lightly colored (grey/offwhite/white) garage cabinets/paint/flooring as it makes the place seem way more open and when you keep it clean it is very satisfying.

Not a fan of all the red/black/blue mechanic cabinets

also a big fan of a tv if u do any diy stuff in the garage, being able to airplay a video from ur phone to the tv is so clutch

I’ve been thinking of doing swisstrax flooring and adding a lift if/when I get a third car but I’m not that excited to put money into it knowing I’ll most likely be out of this house within the next 5 years.

Excellent bud. Let me tell you, the difference between an Amazon foam cannon and the best of the best MTM PF 22.2 Foam Cannon is like night and day. I thought it was the soap but it was the gun. What soap do you use? I highly recommend the Honeydew foam soap from Chemical Guys. Stuff is outstanding & looks like your car when covered. But do yourself a favor. Get a short stubby gun. It will make cleaning so much easier and simpler. When you have the long gun and then add the weight of a cannon, it's a royal PITA.

I went all in with a new set of stuff for my Portland (Harbor Freight) electric pressure washer. I went onto MTM's website (mtmhydroparts.com). Bought their Premium Pro 3 Kit. For the price ($264.99) they give you the best cannon (the PF22.2 which is AMAZING), the SG28 stubby gun, extension wand for the gun (for washing siding or anything you want to stand back from) and a 3/8" 50 foot rubber hose. The hose is awesome as the one that usually comes with most inexpensive pressure washers are plastic and kink like crazy.

This hose is great and being 50' makes it unnecessary to move the actual washer. Watch their site as they usually do some discounts for holidays. Get it with a 15% off and I believe I paid around $240 for everything (no shipping but sales tax). All and all I'm thrilled with it. And to make it even easier, make sure you add quick connects to every part so you can hook up in a snap. 👍 Makes washing the cars so much easier now. Here's what the gun and soap looks like on one of my wife's cars. I love that cannon! Super happy with it!
PXL_20210418_165201604.jpg
beautiful

but i use a cheap amazon foam cannon, need to take pics next time cuz the soap stacks on similarly to what u posted

Unless you want to pay someone to do an epoxy floor (it's labor intensive, especially with the diamond grinding or acid etching), skip it and just do either Race Deck or Swiss Trax. We did Race Deck in our garage back when we first bought our townhouse and I LOVE that stuff! Makes the garage look so much better than bare concrete. Plus the flooring helps make the garage a little warmer. Especially when you walk on it. Here's a pic of my garage after installing it.

IMG_20130818_193320.jpg

You can think of any design or color combo. It's really fun to play with their configurator tool. My wife thought of the design as I wasn't even thinking of doing a Gulf Racing theme. Gray diamond plate tile with 2' blue and 2' orange Gulf Racing stripes like the racing jacket McQueen wore. I love how it looks. Just rent a tile cutter (that thing in front of the now sold treadmill). Makes cutting the tiles to fit where you don't need a full 12' piece a breeze. Just use a rubber mallet. Stepping on each to snap in place gets old REAL quick and your calf muscle will thank you, lol. It's a fun project. 👍

I just had a m2 for a couple days. Really fun car its easy as hell to control while drifting.

I feel like it had the perfect amount of power and the stock exhaust sounded good in sport mode

I was driving around on bad roads and traffic it’s not that bad

5451858F-3113-4E64-ADE9-9F80CB3F02BC.jpeg
A87DD83F-E83E-47AD-B9D9-A3FBB33227A9.jpeg

Friend of mine in our group who goes to Cars & Coffee has one with a full Dinan kit (exhaust & tune). Car sounds wicked! 👍

Back
Top Bottom