\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

TBH I’m not a fan of the huracan in any varation, hoping the successor has a longer wheebase and less stubby.

The Aventador is a modern classic though

Saw this baddie the other day.
DADC5E72-8F1E-4108-81D6-A3007FD523A3.jpeg

OEM life 😍

I'm assuming this is the same car correct? 05fordgt 05fordgt

Amazing color...Man, I really have to buy an Elise...I think I might have to move some stuff around and eventually get one, I know I will regret it big down the line if I don't.

Yup, that's Ben's car. He was chatting with my buddy Andrew who went with me in his Storm Titanium Elise. That color is just incredible. So unique and different. .makes silver look really cool.

I too wanted an Elise, but I officially changed my mind once I realized how hard it was getting into my friend's car with the soft top on. I'm 6' 190 and normal build (without a beer gut because I don't drink, lol) but my legs are longer than my torso (pants are 33" or 34 depending on the brand). So getting in and out was a bit of a challenge. And you CAN NOT under ANY circumstances grab ahold of the windshield header. It's a non-weight bearing structure and will crack the windshield if you use it to get in/out.

So I've gone 100% on board for an Evora 400 or most likely a GT when I get back to working and can start putting my work pay away. Either that or I wait for 2024 (approximately) for Lotus to reintroduce bespoke color choices for the Emira. Then I may just get one of those. By that time, the bugs will be worked out, the V6 will still be around, and maybe they offer the next level up (maybe an S or some variant).

I got a few cool ideas for color choices in my head if I went bespoke colors. And my interior will also be slick. As for getting an Elise? They will always be around. Some with higher mileage some with super low. The car is a $50K car now for a 2005-2006 model with low mileage. They won't become a $100K car. I think it's gonna be in this $50-$60K range based on several factors. The Exige will always be more and the later Elises will be a little more (2011 Elise & R versions are worth more) but you'll always find one. Especially if you look on Lotus Talk. I haven't signed up for it yet but I will soon. God I want an Evora GT right now! 😞 Being sick and not working does suck.

Last edited:
TBH I’m not a fan of the huracan in any varation, hoping the successor has a longer wheebase and less stubby.

The Aventador is a modern classic though

Your not alone, trust me. My wife still gets a ton of compliments on her LP Gallardo as most say it's cooler than a Huracan as you don't see many Gallardos now, let alone the later gen LP variants. Yeah, she would love to spec out a Huracan (would be a Technica as the Evos are done being ordered now. They won't show the Technica until later this year I hear, along with the Sterrato safari style version) in a custom color, but she really likes her car now (and with it's new exhaust, holy crap it's loud!! 😳 It just has that rawness with the eGear single clutch of an old school Lamborghini. The Huracan with it's DCT is fast as hell but honestly more docile.

Last edited:
Your not alone, trust me. My wife still gets a ton of compliments on her LP Gallardo as most say it's cooler than a Huracan as you don't see many Gallardos now, let alone the later gen LP variants. Yeah, she would love to spec out a Huracan (would be a Technica as the Evos are don't being ordered now. They won't show the Technica until later this year I hear, along with the Sterrato safari style version) in a custom color, but she really likes her car now (and with it's new exhaust, holy crap it's loud!! 😳 It just has that rawness with the eGear single clutch of an old school Lamborghini. The Huracan with it's DCT is fast as hell but honestly more docile.

Huracan in every way > Gallardo

Looks so much better inside and out, aggressive, etc. Not taking anything away from the Gallardo though, still a good looking car but its def aged. Its def gonna be a classic and one of Lambos best designs but in time so will the Huracan.

The yellow on wifeys Gallardo is elite.

Huracan in every way > Gallardo

Looks so much better inside and out, aggressive, etc. Not taking anything away from the Gallardo though, still a good looking car but its def aged. Its def gonna be a classic and one of Lambos best designs but in time so will the Huracan.

The yellow on wifeys Gallardo is elite.

Thanks buddy. I give Lamborghini credit. They know how to do pearl colors! Just look incredible in the sun. So much metallic and depth. 👍👍

She loves the Huracan also and their color Gallo Belenus is just nuts. It's a glitter paint. Looks like diamonds on the car in the sunlight. But that wouldn't be the color she wants. It's a crazy unique color IF she ever decided to do it, but probably would be too much $$$ as the Technica is going to be full of carbon fiber trim as standard vs the base price for a RWD Evo. But she'll go in to spec one out when it's time to see what it would cost.

lotuseletre_100.jpg
lotuseletre_101.jpg
lotuseletre_102.jpg
lotuseletre_103.jpg
lotuseletre_106.jpg

Eletre: meet the Lotus electric SUV​

Up to 650hp, 315 miles of range.

I watched the reveal of the Eletre on Lotus' YouTube channel this afternoon. I'm really impressed with the design. The bodywork is designed for air to go through it. Looks really good. I'm a fan.

Those old 6.0’s are turds but they sound 🔥🔥🔥. Also I’m mad that I’m paying almost $7 for diesel

Those motors are turds ONLY if they aren't fixed properly (ask me how I know). When you find one that has been fixed and reworked, they are beasts! But the key is finding one who was taken care of by a experienced diesel tech. My old coworker was out best diesel tech and his 6.0 had close to 2,000 lb ft, I kid you not. He works the crap out if it and now it's bulletproof.

Those motors are turds ONLY if they aren't fixed properly (ask me how I know). When you find one that has been fixed and reworked, they are beasts! But the key is finding one who was taken care of by a experienced diesel tech. My old coworker was out best diesel tech and his 6.0 had close to 2,000 lb ft, I kid you not. He works the crap out if it and now it's bulletproof.
Yeah I’ve seen some pretty crazy diesel builds. Some crew cab f250s running in the 10s pushing over 1000hp. There was a group of them when I dynoed my mustang a few years ago and the lowest output was “only” 700hp…not sure the tq tho

Question guys...

I bought my GTR in Tennessee, I need an emissions test done in Georgia (it failed) isn't it the dealers responsibility to make sure that the vehicle passes emissions before selling it?

Now, the dealer is trying to pass the buck on to me to have the repairs done in order to pass emissions.

Note - I don't think Tennessee has emissions... At least not in certain counties

Question guys...

I bought my GTR in Tennessee, I need an emissions test done in Georgia (it failed) isn't it the dealers responsibility to make sure that the vehicle passes emissions before selling it?

Now, the dealer is trying to pass the buck on to me to have the repairs done in order to pass emissions.

Note - I don't think Tennessee has emissions... At least not in certain counties

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might only apply to their own state. If you are bringing it out of the state it was sold in, they might not have any responsibility for your states regs.

Question guys...

Did they specify why it failed? I wonder if it's a communications error like it was when I took my car in recently. Sometimes the system doesn't communicate with the OBD properly. If it's something as simple as that just drive it around for 15-20 miles & all sensors & systems will be ready.

Back
Top Bottom