\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i wonder how long it'll be before people will start getting the for sticker

How long? A LONG LONG while! Short of having a long-term multiple purchase history with a dealer, chances of getting one at list is slim and none! Only possible way, is to find a small town dealer who had an allocation (in an area where a $100k+ truck is NOT the norm for the area residents) and see if they would be willing to take MSRP for one. It worked for Shelby Mustangs back in the day. Not sure if it would work today.

How long? A LONG LONG while! Short of having a long-term multiple purchase history with a dealer, chances of getting one at list is slim and none! Only possible way, is to find a small town dealer who had an allocation (in an area where a $100k+ truck is NOT the norm for the area residents) and see if they would be willing to take MSRP for one. It worked for Shelby Mustangs back in the day. Not sure if it would work today.
the unfortunate truth :frown:

car wash day

Untitled.jpg

I went to a cars and coffee for the first time since covid has started with my Audi that I bought 2 weeks ago this weekend. Unfortunately later on Sunday night someone hit me while they were doing at least 100 mph and of course kept going
D854C356-2B41-49D0-9D41-261C739147A5.jpeg
0389BA9E-D13A-4B3A-B21A-C10991103B27.jpeg
3DB20CA7-56CD-4D18-80F4-2B5A9A4FCEF3.jpeg
53F8195D-FC5B-4FE0-AAA0-3787A6F594EA.jpeg
21626A79-81E8-4FCD-9917-10F3CC62B5BD.jpeg

Thats it? I see better cars lined up outside a boba shop on a Tuesday afternoon.

Also got an inspection sticker ticket today, I literally parked, went across the street to pickup something and dude pulled up to my whip. I thought maybe I was too close to the hydrant then he said inspection. I said boss, ill go right now cut me some slack. He said nah nah this is me cuting you slack already. I said the **** you talking about *insert more bad language here* and he said if you get it today just take a pic and mail it with this ticket to get it dismissed. *insert more cursing here* and told him get outta here with yo bumass.

I’ve been through so much BS with Ford dealers the past 5 months that today I said f-it and placed an order for a GLS450. I’ve never had a Mercedes but so far the experience has been far better than any Ford dealer and order placed @ MSRP. The wait begins.

I’ve been through so much BS with Ford dealers the past 5 months that today I said f-it and placed an order for a GLS450. I’ve never had a Mercedes but so far the experience has been far better than any Ford dealer and order placed @ MSRP. The wait begins.
good choice, i recommended that car to my sis as a kid hauler and she loves it so far.
for comparison sake she had an x5 model x and range and said the gls is best by far

good choice, i recommended that car to my sis as a kid hauler and she loves it so far.
for comparison sake she had an x5 model x and range and said the gls is best by far
I had an X7 M50i and although the GLS450 doesn’t have have the same HP I feel the driver positioning is better in the GLS. Nothing against the X7. Just want to give the Mercedes a try. Polar opposite of the Raptor but if I’m paying $90k it should be something well engineered. Ford can shove their “market adjustment”.

I had an X7 M50i and although the GLS450 doesn’t have have the same HP I feel the driver positioning is better in the GLS. Nothing against the X7. Just want to give the Mercedes a try. Polar opposite of the Raptor but if I’m paying $90k it should be something well engineered. Ford can shove their “market adjustment”.
they wanted to sell you the regular raptor for 90k? :lol: do they not know the R is finna drop!

but yeah as far as a family hauler the gls is hard to beat

they wanted to sell you the regular raptor for 90k? :lol: do they not know the R is finna drop!
Raptor R with ADM going to be $150k and there's going to be a waiting list for them.
Dealers are marking up the non-R at least $10k and not moving on their price. I made a $7500 over MSRP offer to two dealers and they said ...nope.
Im glad they did because I ended up making a better decision.

I paid $12k over sticker smh. Supposedly there’s dealers around the country with raptors sitting on their lots willing to go at sticker but I haven’t seen it… The only up side is that the sticker on mine is before the price increases, so if I were to build the same truck today I’d be paying $4k more. They also gave me a pretty good amount for my trade in too, so I’m happy with it.

I paid $12k over sticker smh. Supposedly there’s dealers around the country with raptors sitting on their lots willing to go at sticker but I haven’t seen it… The only up side is that the sticker on mine is before the price increases, so if I were to build the same truck today I’d be paying $4k more. They also gave me a pretty good amount for my trade in too, so I’m happy with it.
I've contacted near 50 dealers in the past 5 months. Closest I've seen to MSRP is a $3k markup in Wisconsin but they wouldnt sell to anyone out of their market.
The rest have been $10k and over and no one willing to go under that. They're all over dealer lots but the greed bar is set high so it's still tough to get a deal. What color did you get?

Raptor R with ADM going to be $150k and there's going to be a waiting list for them.
Dealers are marking up the non-R at least $10k and not moving on their price. I made a $7500 over MSRP offer to two dealers and they said ...nope.
Im glad they did because I ended up making a better decision.
Yeah i personally don't believe there should be a markup on mass produced vehicles :lol: even if there is a demand shortage you paying over msrp is a lose lose in my opinion.

I've contacted near 50 dealers in the past 5 months. Closest I've seen to MSRP is a $3k markup in Wisconsin but they wouldnt sell to anyone out of their market.
The rest have been $10k and over and no one willing to go under that. They're all over dealer lots but the greed bar is set high so it's still tough to get a deal. What color did you get?
People who brag online about getting them at sticker or invoice don’t mention that they live in the middle of nowhere and dealers won’t sell to out of state buyers lol. I ended up with agate black. The colors on the 22’s are pretty weak

The whole dealer won't sell out of their market excuse (and it's an excuse) is such BS!! Yes many years ago, Ford did want the dealers to keep their limited stuff in market, but that was MANY MANY moons ago. Today, it doesn't matter. A sales is a sale. Look at Kerbeck in AC for the Z06. They took so many deposits from many out of state buyers and they didn't care.

Also got an inspection sticker ticket today, I literally parked, went across the street to pickup something and dude pulled up to my whip. I thought maybe I was too close to the hydrant then he said inspection. I said boss, ill go right now cut me some slack. He said nah nah this is me cuting you slack already. I said the **** you talking about *insert more bad language here* and he said if you get it today just take a pic and mail it with this ticket to get it dismissed. *insert more cursing here* and told him get outta here with yo bumass.
"He said nah nah this IS me cutting you slack already" - Bro what! How is that cutting someone slack? :rofl: Get it inspected asap bro, these tickets add up quick.
A month.

Aint even gonna front im bad at this, its like my 3rd time getting this kinda ticket in my lifetime. :lol:
How much is this ticket now?
If you're in NY, sign up for the email reminders. Makes it easier to keep track, especially owning more than one car
💯 DMV always emails months in advance for the upcoming inspections/renewal(s) up to 4 times. Helps a ton.
Sounds like something zmaqbool zmaqbool would do after detailing his pops CRV and getting a pizza. I’ll pass im too gangsta for all that.

:pimp:
Lmao, yup, I was the cars then go get ticketed while getting some 🍕. You can be a G all you want bro but just sign up for the emails 🤣. It literally takes less then a minute.

im taking a road trip in a couple weeks was thinking of renting. a whip since i don't wanna fly

what do yall recommend besides turo?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom