\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

As someone who likes to do my own oil changes, this would turn me off

That's relatively simple in all honesty and not really that bad. The beginning part about removing all the covers is tedious because they have said covers.

The Gallardo LP is a royal PITA hence she lets the independent do it yearly. 2 drain plugs, remove the under tray with lots of bolts. And you gotta get the motor HOT to get all the oil out as there's a oil temp sensor inside and if it's cold, it won't flow all out. And the 5.2 takes 10 quarts but it never all comes out. One should measure what drains out and put in the exact same measurement for new oil.

seeing low mileage cars makes no sense to me

its like going to a skrip club and paying all the girls to not dance :lol:

its def nice to have a low mileage car, but id still drive that mfer..if you care that much it should be in a museum not in a garage collecting dust 🤷🏽‍♂️
lower mileage tends to be more work anyway, more stuff to change out if someone decides to start driving it

As someone who likes to do my own oil changes, this would turn me off

It’s the same process for our SQ7. It took me awhile to find the filter the first time around.
It’s time consuming but better than having a dealer touch it.

67C45ECB-C168-4EF1-8609-B840CF4A8293.jpeg

**** my wife’s motorcycle has 3 drains and 3 filters. :lol:

My gti is easy to change the oil on, don’t even lift it. Just vacuum out the oil and the filter is on top of the engine.

Thanks for the tag buddy. 👍 My good friend sent it to me yesterday. He really enjoys TH's videos. He wants an Emira when custom colors open up in a few years but he's also not ready to sell his LC500. But he LOVED the test drive of the Emira we both did that day in December.

But the bad news is that more delays for the US market. They have delivered loads of cars throughout Europe and the Far East & Middle East, but the US has been delayed again, till November 😞 But the solace I take is that they want them 100% right before they get here, vs the Big 3 who just ship cars and let the customers deal with the issues and to have them bring them back to get fixed (which is NOT the best thing to do). I remember Ford did this ALL THE TIME back in the early 2000s (the dreadful Jaques Nassar CEO era). That was awful to deal with.

My other solace is that this will most likely delay the eventual upgraded "S" or "R" versions of the Emira (think Cayman GTS and GT4 competitors in terms of styling and bump in power). This gives me time to get back to work and put $$$ away for me to order one when they become available. Because I have a few custom colors that would look AMAZING on a GT4 equivalent. Here's an example of one that I had a guy on IG make via Photoshop of the normal Emira.

download (15).jpeg

I'm A HUGE Gulf Racing junkie. Like MASSIVE! And I would use Porsche PTS Gulf Blue. And if they would do painted stripes, it would be Porsche PTS Gulf Orange and also on the mirrors and the spot under the doors, which is optional black, would also be orange. Would look INCREDIBLE! Ob course there would be a wing and more aggressive bumpers and such. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag buddy. 👍 My good friend sent it to me yesterday. He really enjoys TH's videos. He wants an Emira when custom colors open up in a few years but he's also not ready to sell his LC500. But he LOVED the test drive of the Emira we both did that day in December.

But the bad news is that more delays for the US market. They have delivered loads of cars throughout Europe and the Far East & Middle East, but the US has been delayed again, till November 😞 But the solace I take is that they want them 100% right before they get here, vs the Big 3 who just ship cars and let the customers deal with the issues and to have them bring them back to get fixed (which is NOT the best thing to do). I remember Ford did this ALL THE TIME back in the early 2000s (the dreadful Jaques Nassar CEO era). That was awful to deal with.

My other solace is that this will most likely delay the eventual upgraded "S" or "R" versions of the Emira (think Cayman GTS and GT4 competitors in terms of styling and bump in power). This gives me time to get back to work and put $$$ away for me to order one when they become available. Because I have a few custom colors that would look AMAZING on a GT4 equivalent. Here's an example of one that I had a guy on IG make via Photoshop of the normal Emira.

download (15).jpeg

I'm A HUGE Gulf Racing junkie. Like MASSIVE! And I would use Porsche PTS Gulf Blue. And if they would do painted stripes, it would be Porsche PTS Gulf Orange and also on the mirrors and the spot under the doors, which is optional black, would also be orange. Would look INCREDIBLE! Ob course there would be a wing and more aggressive bumpers and such. I can't wait.
you wouldnt throw some color on the wheels :nerd:

thanks bro, only 1 GNX was there, def not mine theyre like $150k+ :lol:
I just got a standard GN. Na I think the boat tail started in 1970s, i wanna say 71 or 72 but these late 60s models still had the slope back
So is that the only difference between a GN & a GNX- just one has the turbo & the other doesn't? Or are there more differences? Cosmetically they are both identical right? You're right the boat tail started in '71...60s slope back not as 🔥 as boat tail but sexy nonetheless.

So is that the only difference between a GN & a GNX- just one has the turbo & the other doesn't? Or are there more differences? Cosmetically they are both identical right? You're right the boat tail started in '71...60s slope back not as 🔥 as boat tail but sexy nonetheless.

Na they're both Turbo V6's, it was slight improvements both performance and cosmetically. The GNX had a slightly bigger turbo, only offered in '87, they came with the 16x8 mesh wheels black/polished, fender flares, different gauge cluster, an auxillary trans cooler, fender vents, dual exhaust, improved rear end plus a few other things and they only did that on 547 of the 20k GN's they built that year, so they were pretty special and most that have a real one never mod em. Come factory numbered with the special GNX emblems.

you wouldnt throw some color on the wheels :nerd:

No. I hate all black wheels. If it was a choice between the Photoshop silver above or black, it's silver. Though I would do a dark titanium or gunmetal color. But all black, no. Even my wife hates the wheels on the Lotus she has. Wants to get them painted something to have them pop against the purple. Maybe a dark bronze or gold color.

Last edited:
No. I hate all black wheels. If it was a choice between the Photoshop above or black, it's silver. Thought I would do a dark titanium or gunmetal color. But all black, no. Even my wife hates the wheels on the Lotus she has. Wants to get them painted something to have them pop against the purple. Maybe a dark bronze or gold color.
i don't like black wheels either, the current trend of a machined finish isn't bad.
also a nice bronze or white would pop as well

Is Crazy how trends are ... when I was young, it was all about big chrome rims, then somewhere along the line, black was the dope stuff to have now is tiring and people want something different.

I didn't include color nor bronze as those always been a Niche .. but I love Bronze joints.

I got machine face wheels that got curbed and look terrible to me, I'll probably have them done in satin black.
this is the bane of my existence rn. i curbed my wheels and its machined also struggling to find a shop to repair it.
yall rec any in socal? i really dont want to repsray it a different color :lol:

Back
Top Bottom