\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Personally, I wouldn't spend on these overvalued older sports cars like the CGT. If you missed out, you missed out. Rather spend the money on a new sports car.

One of the wildest parts of Brabus is their restoration program. Never seen anything like it. They can restore your old Benz down to the original bolt. Utterly magnificent.

1684293410927.jpeg

Pretty sure I’ll be leaving it wingless, I’ve come to appreciate the look a lot more. Plus I’m not a YouTuber anyways :lol:. Probably the last pic I will post before it’s got wheels and suspension done. I really wouldn’t mind keeping it like this though. It’s great stock.

And yes I have a BMW plate on an Audi.

IMG_4678.jpeg

Pretty sure I’ll be leaving it wingless, I’ve come to appreciate the look a lot more. Plus I’m not a YouTuber anyways :lol:. Probably the last pic I will post before it’s got wheels and suspension done. I really wouldn’t mind keeping it like this though. It’s great stock.

IMG_4678.jpeg
the r8 i feel is so timeless
i hope they keep a similar design for the nexgen

IMG_4678.jpeg

Beautiful

Personally, I wouldn't spend on these overvalued older sports cars like the CGT. If you missed out, you missed out. Rather spend the money on a new sports car.

Naw id love me a 993 or 964 Turbo in the garage. Also a 1st gen NSX, probably a 991 GT3 RS and im set. Daily a RS6 wagon. :pimp:

Interesting… so even if you take the flash out and put it back to stock, Stellanis code will show the ecu was flashed at some time
Owner is an idiot.

You have a 707hp car under warranty, what are you bothering with performance modifications for? The only reason to even go that route would be if you were tracking/racing the car competitively, and in that case, you already know you’ll be kissing the warranty goodbye with the necessary upgrades you’d make.

Owner is an idiot.

You have a 707hp car under warranty, what are you bothering with performance modifications for? The only reason to even go that route would be if you were tracking/racing the car competitively, and in that case, you already know you’ll be kissing the warranty goodbye with the necessary upgrades you’d make.
707 crank ain’t really anything nowadays especially in a car that weighs 4500 without any people in it 😂
But fyi the article is talking about a jailbreak version that has 807 crank

Owner is an idiot.

Audi can see if you've touched the PCM. For a while guys would just go to tuning friendly dealerships for service, but now some claims can trigger the dealer being asked to plug the car into the mothership.

yeah the salesman was telling me that in like 08 or sometime around then he was selling them for 350k :lol:

Yup. They were doing sticker, then they dropped a few years after they finished building them (and they did NOT finish the full total of 1,500. Believe it's around 1270 or so built, as they really couldn't sell them all). They dipped then fast forward and they were going up almost monthly.

Your NUTS!! You'd rather have a newer car with all the gizmos and lack of feel vs a purely analog sports car? Let me ask, what car would you want over a CGT? And I'm not a CGT fanatic, but I know a good car when I see it. Have friends who own these and drive them regularly.

Me? I'd take a 2005-2006 Ford GT over any new Ferrari or Lamborghini or McLaren. Because I'm a GT40 fanatic.

Your NUTS!! You'd rather have a newer car with all the gizmos and lack of feel vs a purely analog sports car? Let me ask, what car would you want over a CGT? And I'm not a CGT fanatic, but I know a good car when I see it. Have friends who own these and drive them regularly.

Me? I'd take a 2005-2006 Ford GT over any new Ferrari or Lamborghini or McLaren. Because I'm a GT40 fanatic.
I agree to an extent, some newer cars are just so wack for example the new chevy pickup trucks require you to make an account with google and all these settings to be configured to drive a normal pickup truck plus to change climate controls you have to change a million settings on an ipad.
same thing with some super cars, i was driving a huracan evo the other day and the controls via the screen are sooooo horrible and annoying to deal with on a daily .

the new cars that imo are doing things right are the RR Ghost, all the climate controls and important controls have physical buttons and theres isn't an ugly ipad in the dash
same thing with ferrari, the f8 imo has the nicest super car interior simple and to the point

the CGT is a crazy car that might not be worth 1.6m but hey it will never be made again

What you said about new cars is so on point. Take the new 2024 Mustang. Looking beyond that fact it has Camaro hints to it, the interior is a total train wreck. 2 screens. One with the digital gauges, and another next to it that has EVERYTHING in it. Only 5 physical buttons and only 1 is the defrost. All climate on the screen. That PISSES me off. You can't change climate settings on a touch screen without looking at it.

It's why I love my wife's Lotus. Even though it's a 2020, it's still old school in regards to features and functionality. Actual HVAC controls (3 dials) and it comes with an Alpine head unit from factory, so you can always upgrade to the newest one and not be tied to some subscription service or a screen that eventually become antiquated and or obsolete (the screen and system in my 2019 Fusion Energi can't be upgraded any more and phone operated remote start is gone due to them changing to a newer modem 🤬). Best part of her car? Most of the car is so DIY for service its fantastic. $8-$10 Toyota TRD oil filter and $35 worth of Mobil 1 from Walmart. And about 17 bolts to drop the diffuser. Simple to do. No power seats, just a car that is meant to drive. Not some tech overload like a bunch of new sports cars (I'm looking at you Ford).

And yeah, I totally agree with you on the Huracan. Our local dealer had a drive last year. An hour with an Evo for free. My wife took a coupe and I got the spyder. That touch screen system is garbage. And it's low so you NEED to take your eyes off the road to see what your doing. I'll take an older sports car over anything brand new today.

Last edited:
Driving a 2023 Lexus IS 500 for awhile… Forgot how comfy it was stock lol…
IMG_3515.jpeg

Drove this during the Lexus event in Monterey Car week last year. Going in to it, I had low expectations given my boring experience owning the Lexus GS. I have to say, the IS 500 surprised the hell out of me. Would highly consider this if I was in the market for a new car. Love the V8

So I’m working full time this summer to get my first car and ik I’ve asked abt it in here a few times

But I live on a gravel road like 15 minutes from town (the gravel section ain’t that long but there is a big hill) so I was wondering if a sedan would even be possible or if I should just look for an SUV. Cause I’ve always wanted a sedan but I’m afraid the undercarriage is gonna get ****** by the gravel

What you said about new cars is so on point. Take the new 2024 Mustang. Looking beyond that fact it has Camaro hints to it, the interior is a total train wreck. 2 screens. One with the digital gauges, and another next to it that has EVERYTHING in it. Only 5 physical buttons and only 1 is the defrost. All climate on the screen. That PISSES me off. You can't change climate settings on a touch screen without looking at it.

It's why I love my wife's Lotus. Even though it's a 2020, it's still old school in regards to features and functionality. Actual HVAC controls (3 dials) and it comes with an Alpine head unit from factory, so you can always upgrade to the newest one and not be tied to some subscription service or a screen that eventually become antiquated and or obsolete (the screen and system in my 2019 Fusion Energi can't be upgraded any more and phone operated remote start is gone due to them changing to a newer modem 🤬). Best part of her car? Most of the car is so DIY for service its fantastic. $8-$10 Toyota TRD oil filter and $35 worth of Mobil 1 from Walmart. And about 17 bolts to drop the diffuser. Simple to do. No power seats, just a car that is meant to drive. Not some tech overload like a bunch of new sports cars (I'm looking at you Ford).

And yeah, I totally agree with you on the Huracan. Our local dealer had a drive last year. An hour with an Evo for free. My wife took a coupe and I got the spyder. That touch screen system is garbage. And it's low so you NEED to take your eyes off the road to see what your doing. I'll take an older sports car over anything brand new today.
Yep its funny how almost everyone is going to full touch screens and leaving physical knobs behind yet you enter the most luxurious car in the world RR ghost and its filled with knobs and buttons 🤣 cuz they know it works better.

Been wrenching on my cars since I started driving. As I get older, wrenching or having a car in the shop has become less appealing. Older cars are more likely to need periodic work to keep on the road and finding parts is another headache.

Would rather just buy a new car and not have to deal with that. Just basic oil changes.

I'd rather get a newer Turbo S and call it a day

Last edited:
Yep its funny how almost everyone is going to full touch screens and leaving physical knobs behind yet you enter the most luxurious car in the world RR ghost and its filled with knobs and buttons 🤣 cuz they know it works better.
It's a cost cutting measure measure that's sweeping almost every consumer product :smh:

Back
Top Bottom