\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

[h3]I feel ALL the power- it's crazy how good it handles and how smooth the ride is.

It's used with a little over 10k miles on it, one owner and clean carfax- got it at a BMW dealership so they were trying to move it fast or they were going to put it in the auction the next day.

I needed something luxurious but with power and this is the best of both worlds and actually is the more expensive option from the Charger based off MSRP.

I have been saving and building my credit for a time now (had a post a little while back on tips on purchasing a car) finally a great option presented itself so I jumped on it.

Couple of pics I took- need to get it waxed with all this Florida rain
[/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3][/h3][h3]  [/h3]

[h3]Was thinking about plasti-dipping it this color any suggestions or reviews on anyone doing it? I heard it preserves the original paint and this color is sick![/h3]

Have to headoff to work soon, but matte clear or this other product I forget the name can give a similar effect. Will try to have pics later tonight but yeah, dipyourcar.com has a forum and ive seen similar paint jobs.
[h3]
I contacted a local plasti dip shop here in Orlando and sent him that same exact picture asking if he could duplicate color and he responded with YES - exact same color......don't know if he's full of it though.[/h3][h3]Whats the difference between vinyl wrap & Plasti-dip?[/h3]

Have to headoff to work soon, but matte clear or this other product I forget the name can give a similar effect. Will try to have pics later tonight but yeah, dipyourcar.com has a forum and ive seen similar paint jobs.
[h3]
I contacted a local plasti dip shop here in Orlando and sent him that same exact picture asking if he could duplicate color and he responded with YES - exact same color......don't know if he's full of it though.[/h3]

[h3]Whats the difference between vinyl wrap & Plasti-dip?[/h3]

I think a lot of people feel vinyl wrap is more "classy"/professional than plastidip. I think plastidip is easier to put on though from what i've seen. They both function as a way to protect the paint and they''re both not permanent.

i wouldnt doubt that charger is plasti dipped, they have a lot of different products.
this bmw is plastidipped

Brah's this NY defensive driving online course is ridiculous.

Literally have me sitting here like

Was found guilty today of a 2 pt ticket. :frown:

Had photo evidence proving why I did what I did and still lost and the cop lied. Because usually on 11th ave after 4pm the people forget that there is a 2 way lane and they wait in traffic to get into the tunnel. So not to make a risky turn from the left turning lane, I went over and made a left turn onto 44th street. Then the cop pulled me over for failing to turn in the turning lane.

I hate lying cops. If I did something wrong I wouldnt fight the ticket but I went in and tried to fight it and it isnt worth it brahs. The cards are stacked against you.

Son!!!

I went to court with pictures and the judge tossed then to the side and said just pay the ticket or ins double the fine...WTF

I can't win in NYC

You know man, I park correctly. I usually park far away from people.

And THESE ************* dinging my car with their doors!!!!!!!!!

If I ever catch somebody do it I'm kicking a ******* dent in their door.

You know man, I park correctly. I usually park far away from people.

And THESE ************* dinging my car with their doors!!!!!!!!!

If I ever catch somebody do it I'm kicking a ******* dent in their door.

People do that **** on purpose. smh. :smh:

Sorry to hear.

I think plastidip is pretty cool. I didn't realize they had come out with new products that could give you that look. That's definitely a plus. You'd still have to find someone that can put it on correctly, but apparently it's not that hard with the correct spray gun. I think there's companies out there that will spray a car for around $600. That's at least 6 or 7 times cheaper than getting a vinyl wrap done. I also think plastidip would be easier to fix than vinyl since you can just spray the area that's messed up and it kind of fixes itself whereas you have to take off the entire vinyl from whatever body panel is messed up and revinyl it.

I'd still recommend you ask to see one of those blues in person before committing to getting the job done. Get them to spray something small, but big enough where you can see what it actually looks like and look at it in different lighting (indoors/outdoors).

Also, I'm assuming plastidip still feels like plastidip so it's rubbery kind of whereas if you feel vinyl, you'd just think it's paint.

Last edited:
Son!!!

I went to court with pictures and the judge tossed then to the side and said just pay the ticket or ins double the fine...WTF

I can't win in NYC

You cant win in NYC is right. lol

theres a guy in coney island right inside the dmv. he is official. you can throw him any ticket and he will get it dismissed. my friend got 4 tickets he needed to fight and dude dropped like 400 bucks and got off on all of em.

Today at a stoplight i pulled up to a dope shelby gt500. Dude had long tube headers and staright pipe plus he had a roll cage and new suspension

It sounded so mean

He was doing like 35 then gave it some throttle and the back tires just started smoking :x

Car is a torque monster

I think plastidip is pretty cool. I didn't realize they had come out with new products that could give you that look. That's definitely a plus. You'd still have to find someone that can put it on correctly, but apparently it's not that hard with the correct spray gun. I think there's companies out there that will spray a car for around $600. That's at least 6 or 7 times cheaper than getting a vinyl wrap done. I also think plastidip would be easier to fix than vinyl since you can just spray the area that's messed up and it kind of fixes itself whereas you have to take off the entire vinyl from whatever body panel is messed up and revinyl it.

I'd still recommend you ask to see one of those blues in person before committing to getting the job done. Get them to spray something small, but big enough where you can see what it actually looks like and look at it in different lighting (indoors/outdoors).

Also, I'm assuming plastidip still feels like plastidip so it's rubbery kind of whereas if you feel vinyl, you'd just think it's paint.
[h3]
I just came back from a local car shop and he gave me a breakdown of vinyl wrapping and plasti dip.....he informed me "3M Vinyl wrapping" is an alternative to paint meaning it is removable but once removed the adhesive will mess your ride up and should be used with the intentions of having that color permantley. He literally BASHED everything about plasti-dip, saying it looks cheap, will come off in a couple of months and will look like complete trash in a year and not worth it especially on a nice new car. He was trying to sell me on vinyl wrapping but was trying to charge me over 4 grand
sick.gif
[/h3]

Hes right.
I can literally walk up to ur car and take off ur whole plasti dip paint job

Its cheap

U pay for what u get

U got a brand car with beautiful paint. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Vinyl wrapping will absolutely not ruin your paint at all if you prep it before applying. Just make sure it's clean and remove all wax before putting it on and you're good to go. Once you peel it off, it'll come off clean and you should just wax your car after that.

Back
Top Bottom