\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thanks, was the 09 launch issue resolved with the 2010s? As far as any mods with this car the salesperson told me it is a one owner car with no mods. So the only way there can be ****** issues later on would be if it was launched excessively correct? I will go test drive it on friday and ask to see the black box (this is an audi dealership can this only be done at nissan dealerships?). Thanks a lot for the info. 

it was resolved with the 2010 with a less aggressive launch. if I'm not mistaken on the 2010 you only loose like 0.2 seconds by just mashing on the pedal. I've honestly never launched my car. any time i am taking off from a light with someone lined up with me i put it in RRR and just mash it. launch control is really only worth it if your car is modded with a cobb on lc5 (5th version of launch control?) or you have a 2012 where they have it down to 2.8 sec iirc. as far as the being an audi dealer, i'm going to assume they are relate to west covina nissan? west covina is one of the biggest parts seller for the gtr in the country (google "the nismo shop") so i would assume they have a master tech there. don't be freaked out if the car makes noise, you can hear the gears engaging, the brakes can sequel, and the run flats can be loud. honesly i'd be woried if my car was NOT making some kind of noise somewhere. Its a race car with a nice interior. When you drive it make sure you do it in manual mode because auto is not as fun. You'll be in 6th gear at 35mph smh

Last edited:
Not sure what kinda cars you are into but you just missed a couple big ones

Fresh meet at keen university
Waterfest at etown

Now if your looking for smaller weekely meets then i would recommend checking some fourms for your area and facebook groups but if u wanna go to the big ones i would start at etown. Summer/fall is full of events meet some people follow some companies on ig or fb and there is something going on most weekends.

Etown events this year

Honda day is the 9-10th weekend

Big mopar day is the 23rd ive never been but i hear its a big showing

Fall nationals is 10/4-10/5

Mitsubishi vs subaru is 10/25

Streetwars 11/2

A weekely one in jersey that i used to hear about is edgewater but i hear the cops shut it down more often than not but its too far for me to take the risk of going for nothing.

Look out for a cars and coffee in your area also usually sundays.

If i hear of anything else in jersey ill post it here and tag you im sure others might want to know also.

Exactly what I needed. Actually went to the Kean one but it was closing when I arrived... But Mopar Day is a definite go.

Last edited:
Thinking about buying 2009 xf with 55k miles. Any info on reliability or problems?

I haven't heard of any model jag being reliable, but generalizations aside, get the service records and get a pre purchase inspection done to cover your *** on any foreseeable issues.

Jaguars are unreliable, IMO.

My boy had a 2011 XF, and by 36K miles he had a ton of small electrical problems that required the car to be in the shop for days.

One example is his warning light came on to make sure his gas cap was tight, and it was. Car stayed in the shop 3 days to fix a sensor. :lol:

He's also had problems with the automatic windows that randomly stopped working, sunroof would squeak, random rattling noises, and rough start ups that make the car just seem poorly built.

Last edited:
I really hate this damn BRZ; I need to just get rid of it already :smh:

that sucks

i remember the lead up to the release of the car and reviews an what not you were pretty pumped

i got so confused for a second

then i noticed it was the mirror :lol: why does it keep coming off?

that sucks

i remember the lead up to the release of the car and reviews an what not you were pretty pumped

Yeah I loved it at first but then I started to miss the power; I think that is the consensus between most of us owners

Didnt multiple people say not to trade in the Z?

Im sure I was one of them. :lol:

Don't wanna talk about it :smh:

I actually almost went back to the Z two months ago but decided to wait for the next gen; I had the deal in place went to the dealer with 0% financing and said screw it and kept the BRZ

What are your main problems with the car besides the rear view mirror falling off?

honestly the car itself is a great car but the lack of acceleration really kills it for me; the first time my girlfriend drove it the first thing she said was "this isn't as fast as it looks" :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
i got so confused for a second

then i noticed it was the mirror :lol: why does it keep coming off?

it's some defect apparently; I am taking it over to the dealer on lunch and they better fix it and not tell me they need to order a part because that is no go

I will be blowing up the phones at Subaru HQ

Ever consider FI or do you not want to mod?

I originally planned to mod it but at this point I am just gonna wait for the next gen Z and put the money towards that

Wait..,,

U bought the BRZ to drive stock?

no but after starting with cosmetic stuff I decided to stop and just save my money

and a lot of people buy it to drive stock FYI

Last edited:
Ever consider FI or do you not want to mod?

I originally planned to mod it but at this point I am just gonna wait for the next gen Z and put the money towards that

Wait..,,

U bought the BRZ to drive stock?

no but after starting with cosmetic stuff I decided to stop and just save my money

and a lot of people buy it to drive stock FYI

We're definitely on the same wavelength. When I got mine, I was so excited to push this car to it's limits but it got old quick and for the money you have to put into this car when you can just get a better platform for less, I can say I may have jumped the gun a bit too early on this vehicle. Should've just got an S2K off the bat :rolleyes

We're definitely on the same wavelength. When I got mine, I was so excited to push this car to it's limits but it got old quick and for the money you have to put into this car when you can just get a better platform for less, I can say I may have jumped the gun a bit too early on this vehicle. Should've just got an S2K off the bat :rolleyes

agree 100%; I remember driving home from the dealer and it wasn't highway and I whipped the car around corners thinking; this is a sweet whip but whenI really started getting on highways and straight roads you really realize how bad the power is on it

Last edited:
We've in all had some car mistakes. I wish I could have chose the Lexus is300 over the Audi a4 I had back in the day. The Audi was a nightmare after a year of ownership

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom