\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Anyone know any books that can just teach me about cars? I've read some stuff on howstuffworks on engines and turbos and stuff. I also have a basic understanding of how an engine woks, i just wanna be able to hold a conversation about cars or listen in on one and know what they are talking about
Not a book but search for the HowStuffWorks auto section.

Ive given him every oppurtunity to post the vehicle n shut me u... lol

Do not believe. At all

50k? Into a gn... righttt. It better levitate

nice GLI :pimp:
check vwvortex.com for tips / points / mods :nerd:
i myself been looking at the A3 / New Jetta VI and Golf VII

The A3 is a beauty.

What r ur overall thoughts on the body of the golf vii?

I like it, front end reminds me of a jetta and the back end reminds of the A3 , I think that's why I like it :lol: I do want a TDI version cause the way gas is going :x i hope to get into one of those within the next year but the only decision I have set is I want it to be TDI. 

Why do you keep saying into a GN like its some honda prelude? The car is meant to be tracked, maybe where you live people dont drop that money into a track car but in the south we do it all the time, but ill get a couple pics of it next time i see him and youll shut up

I like it, front end reminds me of a jetta and the back end reminds of the A3 , I think that's why I like it :lol: I do want a TDI version cause the way gas is going :x i hope to get into one of those within the next year but the only decision I have set is I want it to be TDI. 

i live in CT

regular starts at 4.09-4.12 on avg

so yea premium is 4.47 +

im with you mmg, glad i held off a lil while longer

mmg what about that jetta turbo hybrid?

Last edited:
After months and months I finally bought the GLI.
My first car was actually a 99 Jetta, Tornado Red and all.
Thanks for the opinions a few months back al audi, mmg, and rfx!

very nice, first mod i would do if i were you

v-leds.com

Jew, GNs can easily have 700hp to the wheels. There is a local cat hear in the Bay Area that as far as I know, still can't find a dyno he can't max out. Meaning he has 1300+ hp.

A LOT of money into it but of course he doesn't DD it. He also has a total of 5 Turbo Buicks tho.

Thank you, I bet that guy has a rev limiter and wheelie bar just to keep that puppy on the ground when he launches it, thats what those cars were made for and its easy to drop that much money into one once you add in labor costs

i live in CT

regular starts at 4.09-4.12 on avg

so yea premium is 4.47 +

im with you mmg, glad i held off a lil while longer

mmg what about that jetta turbo hybrid?

Really haven't looked into it, I heard rumors that the Golf 7 TDI could get as many as 60 mpg :x :pimp:

Gas around my way is 3.75-4.00 :\ when summer began it was 3.10-3.20 mark :\ 

Damn, what state you from? Wow........word is 60mpg?! Imma look that up later today.

very nice, first mod i would do if i were you

v-leds.com

seen and repped.

thank you, u are a gentleman and a scholar.

I want to add the LEDS, def tint all around. plastidip the VW emblems black and finally by the end of the summer possibly plastidip or powder coat my wheels a teal.

I'll hit u guys up for further thoughts and assistance!

Anyone know any books that can just teach me about cars? I've read some stuff on howstuffworks on engines and turbos and stuff. I also have a basic understanding of how an engine woks, i just wanna be able to hold a conversation about cars or listen in on one and know what they are talking about
No lie, I learned a lot about cars when I was a young teen on HowStuffWorks 
laugh.gif

Just go to youtube and search anything you can to get the basics.

Cars are pretty simple for the most part. 

Can anybody explain how difficult Plastidip'ing really is? I have no experience whatsoever working with cars, but I'd like to give it my first shot. 
nerd.gif

Can anybody explain how difficult Plastidip'ing really is? I have no experience whatsoever working with cars, but I'd like to give it my first shot. :nerd:

Its not difficult at all. This was my first time ever trying it.

JUST HAVE A OPEN SCHEDULE! I just did my wheels this past tuesday(pg.253). It takes a minimum of 5 coats with 10-15min in between each coat so it's a little time consuming. I did 6 coats with the wheels on.

There are different methods, but i kept the wheels on because it was a last minute project and i was in a hurry. I used newspaper to cover my rotors and calipers to prevent overspray on them. I triple checked to make sure they were totally covered, then i sprayed away.

Each coat you do is a light dusting at about 6in away from the wheel. Any overspray is easy clean up because it just peels off of any surface. You can do however many coats you prefer. So i used 1.5 cans to do 6 coats.

Just bought this. 2012 Mazda3 iTouring with the Bose Sound/Moonroof Upgrade.

I plan on adding matte black rims, tints, HIDs, and possible engine mods. Anyone can point me in any type of direction? 8)

Back
Top Bottom