\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Audi WILL void my warranty. They are flagging cars left and right. My suspension warranty is already killed due to lowering. Anything other than stasis parts installed by Audi techs is basically forbidden.

They're really not suppose to.

People won't fight it, so they do it anyway.

You sure about that, bro? The Magnuson Moss warranty act prevents a dealership from voiding your warranty due to modifications. The dealership has to show that the modification is the cause of the issue in order to deny a warranty claim. So they can't say no to fixing engine failure because you got aftermarket wheels. But they can deny your claim on a blown motor if you've had your ECU tuned.

Best advice would be to ask your dealer (or wherever you're taking the car for service) if they are mod friendly. I've seen dealers who take cars that have built motors and run warranty repairs, and I've seen dealers who won't even touch a car if it has something simple like an intake on it. Even with the new(ish) law, some dealerships will fight you the whole way, and it's not worth the trouble unless you really have nowhere else to go.

Dealers deny claims everyday 'cus they know the consumer isn't going contact a lawyer regarding the issue. It's a classic case of getting over on the uninformed.

i know your a honda/ac dude but man if you ever browse any of the vw/audi forums...................yea its that serious these days been like that for a while now.

depends on the dealer but there are literally stories of ppl getting warranties void just from changing wheels :x

Last edited:
They're really not suppose to.

People won't fight it, so they do it anyway.
why not? if you jailbreak an iphone and bring it to the apple store, you think they will warranty your phone?

if you mess with the product and **** breaks, why would they spend their money on your car?

i know your a honda/ac dude but man if you ever browse any of the vw/audi forums...................yea its that serious these days been like that for a while now.

depends on the dealer but there are literally stories of ppl getting warranties void just from changing wheels :x

And I bet none of them has fought it

why not? if you jailbreak an iphone and bring it to the apple store, you think they will warranty your phone?

if you mess with the product and **** breaks, why would they spend their money on your car?

Apples to oranges, bro. Same goes for Android devices. Manufacturers can't refuse to repair a device because modifying or changing system software is not a sufficient reason to void the "statutory warranty". The seller has to prove that the defect is caused by user's actions before completelly voiding the warranty. Unless that, the standard 2 years of the warranty remains valid.

How many of you have read a warranty word for word?

Last edited:
I completely understand if the product caused the problem and you dont want to honor the warranty, but some dealers that see any minor mod will not approve the claim for warranty. That's just ****** up.

I completely understand if the product caused the problem and you dont want to honor the warranty, but some dealers that see any minor mod will not approve the claim for warranty. That's just ****** up.

They won't at all.

This happened to my Mom years ago. They blamed audio mods for messing with the navigation.

She fought it..and since they couldn't "prove" it, they had to fix it.

They won't at all.

This happened to my Mom years ago. They blamed audio mods for messing with the navigation.

She fought it..and since they couldn't "prove" it, they had to fix it.

Yeah I know the dealership game in and out.

They like to try and pull these scams with people and they get away with most because people dont fight usually. But every once in a while they run into the wrong customer.

They like to deny just so you can pay their prices.

Like I said if the mod caused the issue, I have no prob denying the warranty.

It's like if I slap on a blower onto the motor and then a piston fails, I cant expect Chrysler to cover my ****. Because they have to first have a rep come approve the claim and then send the part back to Chrysler. And the rep cant see the blower because it will not be approved.

:pimp:

no M but its got great gas mileage :\

my next car is def gonna be a e46 M3

Anyone own a late 90s/early 2000s Lexus? My Camry is a beast and I said I might as well get one of those cash. Hear alot of good things about the LS but idk if I wanna spend tht much on gas so I`d prob hold the ES and GS at a higher priority.

This is my 97 Ls400. Rarely drive it these days tho.The Lexus Dealership who sold it to me said an older couple had just traded it in. I haven't had hardly any problems with it.

Lexus' are by fave my favorite cars. Hopefully one my work situation gets better I can get me a 04-06 LS 430.

This is my 97 Ls400. Rarely drive it these days tho.The Lexus Dealership who sold it to me said an older couple had just traded it in. I haven't had hardly any problems with it.

Lexus' are by fave my favorite cars. Hopefully one my work situation gets better I can get me a 04-06 LS 430.

hows the gas? Thats what scares me about the LS its a 8 cylinder.

yea...............thats the only thing. I get about 20-25 mpg with about a 50/50 mix of city & highway. I luv power of a V8 though. On the flip side my unc has an 05 Camry that I drive alot and that thing does great on gas. If that's what you are worried about but want something reliable as ****. I'd look into a Camry.

yea...............thats the only thing. I get about 20-25 mpg with about a 50/50 mix of city & highway. I luv power of a V8 though. On the flip side my unc has an 05 Camry that I drive alot and that thing does great on gas. If that's what you are worried about but want something reliable as ****. I'd look into a Camry.

He's got a Camry lol

Do you think the GS or ES would be fine? Or should I just aim for another Camry/Accord, but something from the 2000s

Repped this was my high school whip, same year and color... Plenty Yambs in the back seat. Mine had the old school car phone too... This takes me back man

Last edited:
My bad lol, got caught up in thinking about mpg that I forgot u have a camry already. ES -> Nah.

The smart decision would be to get another one.But I've heard from few ppl with them that GS' aren't that bad on gas (Straight-6 not V8). Plus this design has not aged too bad IMO. I still would get one

Last edited:
My bad lol, got caught up in thinking about mpg that I forgot u have a camry already. ES -> Nah.

The smart decision would be to get another one.But I've heard from few ppl with them that GS' aren't that bad on gas (Straight-6 not V8). Plus this design has not aged too bad IMO. I still would get one

Are you saying I should stick to a Camry? I`ve had a v6 before so I know filling up will be about 15 bucks more (I fill up my camry 45 bucks every 8-10 days) I just dont want a whip where I`m filling up twice a week. My daily commute to work M-F is about 26 miles a day and on weekends I do about 70-90 miles.

Are you saying I should stick to a Camry? I`ve had a v6 before so I know filling up will be about 15 bucks more (I fill up my camry 45 bucks every 8-10 days) I just dont want a whip where I`m filling up twice a week. My daily commute to work M-F is about 26 miles a day and on weekends I do about 70-90 miles.

just wait for the 2014 jetta

Repped this was my high school whip, same year and color... Plenty Yambs in the back seat. Mine had the old school car phone too... This takes me back man

Lol that makes three of us.

Grandma willed it to me. Same color except gold access. N premium package (my leathers darker)

The dash died. It was jus a fuse tho. Cpl hundred to fix. Only other problem is the paneling on the drivers side door is like falling off. Haha glues going I guess.

Cars in immaculate condition tho less than 75 thousand original miles. My dad drives it from time to time so it doesn't hafta go in storage n rust out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom