\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Am i the only one here with a camry?

Got a 98 with 129k on the clock. Still runs strong but need's a few repairs.

I just picked up an 2013 Accord coupe EX-L V6. Pics later. I used to have a Benz and that turned into a straight up lemon. Never again will I buy a German luxury car, only a lease.
Congrats! I got one too (Instagram is @O_Li93 if you want to take a look). Any plans for mods or keeping it stock?

Thanks. No plans yet, I'm thinking about tint and that might be it.

Hey guys. I didn't wanna make a seperate thread before I asked here about a car I've come across that my parents want to help me buy.

Would this be a good place to ask for some solid advice on whether or not id be getting a good deal?

Hey guys. I didn't wanna make a seperate thread before I asked here about a car I've come across that my parents want to help me buy.

Would this be a good place to ask for some solid advice on whether or not id be getting a good deal?

Once you weed out the following, yeah it is

1- Should get a Hemi

2- Should get a M3

3- anything from Gold St

Last edited:
2008 Honda Accord Sedan. Base model.
59,000 miles.
Clean title.
No accidents.
Properly maintained.

Asking price was 12,500 but due to a good working relationship with my mom she would sell it to me for 11.

Down payment 7k, the rest monthly.

Good deal?

I've wanted a coupe accord, 2008 or newer for a minute now.
This is a sedan... I don't know if I'm being stupid by hesitating because of that. The coupes look sporty and slick, the sedan is nice but it's a little grandpa like to me for some reason.

However, my old bucket Volvo is not getting the job done anymore and has become embarrassing. Should I be grateful for this opportunity and get it? My parents want to help since my birthday is coming up. I don't know if a better one will come around anytime soon without having to finance with interest at a dealership, which I do not want to do.

What do you experts think? I want honest opinions. Thanks! Reps for all the advice given.

59,000 miles.
Clean title.
No accidents.
Properly maintained.

Asking price was 12,500 but due to a good working relationship with my mom she would sell it to me for 11.

Good deal?

This is a sedan... I don't know if I'm being stupid by hesitating because of that. The coupes look sporty and slick, the sedan is nice but it's a little grandpa like to me for some reason.

However, my old bucket Volvo is not getting the job done anymore and has become embarrassing. Should I be grateful for this opportunity and get it? My parents want to help since my birthday is coming up. I don't know if a better one will come around anytime soon without having to finance with interest at a dealership, which I do not want to do.

What do you experts think? I want honest opinions. Thanks! Reps for all the advice given.

imo thats too much.

59,000 miles.
Clean title.
No accidents.
Properly maintained.

Good deal?

Not worth the price. You can get an EX-L v6 for that price and a coupe at that. And this is coming from a person that owns a 2010 coupe. The 4 banger is boring and under powered unless its manual, then you can have a little fun. Also make sure you get an extended warranty.

My humble ride after a wash and plastidipping the front emblem (removing it was INFURIATING). Small car, I fit in it comfortably, and it drives like a car much more refined than I'd have guessed.

imo, if you want a coupe, then wait for a coupe. you'll have the car for a while and you'll end up regretting it everytime you see it/think about it.

I just picked up an 2013 Accord coupe EX-L V6. Pics later. I used to have a Benz and that turned into a straight up lemon. Never again will I buy a German luxury car, only a lease.
Congrats! I got one too (Instagram is @O_Li93 if you want to take a look). Any plans for mods or keeping it stock?

Thanks. No plans yet, I'm thinking about tint and that might be it.

I did 15% for the back 3 windows. Only thing that sucks about our cars is the dot matrix in the rear window. The sedan doesn't have it, but the coupe does smh

I knew I could count on you guys for good advice. Thanks a bunch. I'll probably pass, pug you're right id be happy about a new car but deep down id always wish I would of waited for a coupe.

Appreciate all the comments, reps for all.

What is your budget and what are you looking for? Coupe, hatch, sedan, etc.?

I want a 2008 or newer model Accord Coupe.
My budget is around 10k, but I might be able to stretch that to 12k MAYBE with upcoming birthday/holiday money (not straight, probably around 4-6k for downpayment and finance the rest), but I don't wanna finance it with a dealership unless it's 0% interest. I already have a **** load of student loans I'm trying to chop away at, I don't wanna worry about more interest. Can't afford too.

You guys mentioned I could probably find a coupe for around the same 11k but every 2008-2012 coupe I find for around 11-12k either has a salvage title or 115k miles on it, so it's hard. Most are around that 14-15k range and that's outta my budget until I can land a better job.

I want a dark grey or midnight blue coupe. See too many of the other colors too often, I wanna be somewhat unique.

Last edited:
I knew I could count on you guys for good advice. Thanks a bunch. I'll probably pass, pug you're right id be happy about a new car but deep down id always wish I would of waited for a coupe.

My budget is around 10k, but I might be able to stretch that to 12k MAYBE with upcoming birthday/holiday money (not straight, probably around 4-6k for downpayment and finance the rest), but I don't wanna finance it with a dealership unless it's 0% interest. I already have a **** load of student loans I'm trying to chop away at, I don't wanna worry about more interest. Can't afford too.

You guys mentioned I could probably find a coupe for around the same 11k but every 2008-2012 coupe I find for around 11-12k either has a salvage title or 115k miles on it, so it's hard. Most are around that 14-15k range and that's outta my budget until I can land a better job.

I want a dark grey or midnight blue coupe. See too many of the other colors too often, I wanna be somewhat unique.
why not buy a beater (if you really need a vehicle) and eliminate your student loans instead? That way once you're out of debt, you can save up for whatever you want.

And by the way, it's very uncommon to get 0% financing for a used car.

Last edited:
I do have a beater right now. 2001 Volvo with 200k miles that's been through multiple accidents. Just had to buy a new alternator for it. It gets me from point A to point B, I'm grateful.

But it's costing me so much money to fix all the problems that I'd rather use some of my savings to invest in a reliable car to last me the next 5-10 years.

I'm in no rush, but my beater gets worse and worse everyday so instead of buying another beater when it totally breaks down id rather invest in a better car and not worry so much about mechanic fees for a while you know.

Just from a quick look, you're gonna have a real hard time getting one for 10k. I found some near me(Midwest) in the 12k range, but then you're def looking at a 4cyl MT. I know its a different body style but the 07s look to be quite a bit cheaper as a result.

If you want the coupe though, hold out for one.

I do have a beater right now. 2001 Volvo with 200k miles that's been through multiple accidents. Just had to buy a new alternator for it. It gets me from point A to point B, I'm grateful.

But it's costing me so much money to fix all the problems that I'd rather use some of my savings to invest in a reliable car to last me the next 5-10 years.

I'm in no rush, but my beater gets worse and worse everyday so instead of buying another beater when it totally breaks down id rather invest in a better car and not worry so much about mechanic fees for a while you know.
Yeah that's understandable. Sorry about the assumption.

As for the accord sedan you're contemplating about, I do think 11k is somewhat on the high side. If you have your heart set on the coupe I would just wait because there's nothing worst than buyers' remorse especially if you're going to live it with for awhile.

Biggest regret owning/driving cars is getting rid of my '96 accord v6 a few years ago. The resale value on accord/civics/camrys are awesome.

W0LF- it's all good bro. Yeah I think ima hold out. Appreciate the words.

Celtics- damn! That top one is exactly what I'd want! Thanks a bunch.I wonder how far Clairemont is from me. Gonna look into that.

Happy to see that what I want is in that same price range. I'm def gonna pass on the sedan now.

Not worth the price. You can get an EX-L v6 for that price and a coupe at that. And this is coming from a person that owns a 2010 coupe. The 4 banger is boring and under powered unless its manual, then you can have a little fun. Also make sure you get an extended warranty.

Show me a EX-L V6 coupe for 11k. Without 150,000+ miles. Please.

I would guess he could get one for $15-16 MAYBE, and then add tax and adjust the monthly with the APR, youre looking at an almost 20k vehicle.

Last edited:
W0LF- it's all good bro. Yeah I think ima hold out. Appreciate the words.

Celtics- damn! That top one is exactly what I'd want! Thanks a bunch.I wonder how far Clairemont is from me. Gonna look into that.

Happy to see that what I want is in that same price range. I'm def gonna pass on the sedan now.

No problem... I was bored and felt like finding someone a car lol..

Back
Top Bottom