\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

hi guys. posting here because i don't seem to have access to m3 forum yet. I'm thinking about buying a 2008 m3 for the summer but getting rid of it once summer is over. Does anyone have bimmer experience? will i be able to get rid of this car or is it something i should expect to have to hold onto for a while? Thanks. Also, thinking a 2008 with less than 50xxx miles.

Where do you live? Why do you only want it for the summer? Chances are you're gonna take a hit on it if you sell it in the fall, when less people are looking for a car like an m3.

If the potential of losing some money doesn't bother you, then I don't understand why you're asking this.

Last edited:
I'm in NYC. I'd get rid of it because it's a fun car not practical for the year. I understand I'd lose money I just don't want to be stick holding onto the car for months. Basically my question is, how many buyers out there have 30k cash, do I have to wait around for someone like that or will dealers buy it? Never sold a car this expensive.

hi guys. posting here because i don't seem to have access to m3 forum yet. I'm thinking about buying a 2008 m3 for the summer but getting rid of it once summer is over. Does anyone have bimmer experience? will i be able to get rid of this car or is it something i should expect to have to hold onto for a while? Thanks. Also, thinking a 2008 with less than 50xxx miles.
stupid idea all around. Might as well dig a hole and lite all that money on fire

From day 1 to Now.

hate these ******* cars....got me thinking of police. srs. current gen looks butt too.

Every time I see one at night I slow down
You know how many times before I installed the spoiler on their and had the stock rims plastic dipped black I was told it looks like a under cover? I was debating on getting a push bar or not :lol:

Every time I see one at night I slow down
You know how many times before I installed the spoiler on their and had the stock rims plastic dipped black I was told it looks like a under cover? I was debating on getting a push bar or not :lol:

you charger drivers are almost as bad as those herbs who push old police interceptors/crown vics. got me shook, slowin down n **** lol

(...exception being the crown vics in philly where those thugnificents be throwing 20s on them, putting a candy paint job on the thing, and putting a speaker in the grill so half of broad st know u like soulja boy or w.e the **** was hot back then :smh: )

Last edited:
I'm in NYC. I'd get rid of it because it's a fun car not practical for the year. I understand I'd lose money I just don't want to be stick holding onto the car for months. Basically my question is, how many buyers out there have 30k cash, do I have to wait around for someone like that or will dealers buy it? Never sold a car this expensive.
Like the other 2 said, financially, it doesn't make much sense. You'll have several things going against you. For starters, I don't think many New Yorkers will be looking to buy an m3 heading into one of y'alls winters. And second, like you said, there aren't many people who have 30 grand cash. Since its a 2008, it'll be hard for any potential buyer to get that financed.

There's a very real possibility that you'll either be stuck with the car for awhile because you don't want to lose tons of money on it and it'll be a tough sell, or the second option, you lose a ton of money on it to just get rid of it. Sure, there's also a possibility that everything works out and you don't do too badly, but I wouldn't want to take that risk for only 3 months of fun, it honestly sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Why not look into another car you can have for fun, but can get for much cheaper? Then you can also buy a cheap suv or something as a dd or winter car.

Could buy both used for less than a used m3 if you wanted and you wouldn't have to worry about all that other nonsense.

Like the other 2 said, financially, it doesn't make much sense. You'll have several things going against you. For starters, I don't think many New Yorkers will be looking to buy an m3 heading into one of y'alls winters. And second, like you said, there aren't many people who have 30 grand cash. Since its a 2008, it'll be hard for any potential buyer to get that financed.

There's a very real possibility that you'll either be stuck with the car for awhile because you don't want to lose tons of money on it and it'll be a tough sell, or the second option, you lose a ton of money on it to just get rid of it. Sure, there's also a possibility that everything works out and you don't do too badly, but I wouldn't want to take that risk for only 3 months of fun, it honestly sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Thanks for the only person to answer my question instead of putting their two cents about what I do with money I've earned. I have a daily driver. I'm thinking I'll get the sedan and keep it as my dd.

(...exception being the crown vics in philly where those thugnificents be throwing 20s on them, putting a candy paint job on the thing, and putting a speaker in the grill so half of broad st know u like soulja boy or w.e the **** was hot back then :smh: )

Hey man, give us a break lol.

crown vic/caprice packages used to be the **** in DC. back in 2001 when I was 19 I had a brand new crown vic on 23s. Swore I was killing the streets.

Looking back at it now at 32, I just shake my head with embarrassment lol.

Drive Clean :pimp:
subaruwrxfan for the luls

Whats wrong with subaruwrxfan? Seem a few shots at him in this thread, I always though his reviews were decent.

Reviews are deff good but people complain about his mannerisms the same as Nickmurray. I dont really care to be honest but online trolls always attack them. I'm watching for the cars not the guy talking about the cars.

Back
Top Bottom