\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Alright I slept on it and my plan /situation for it is
It's a car
I want a car
It's a two door
It's a nova ( not thee nova but a nova)
It's free.

I'll have to go back over there to look at it again but from what I've seen , it's all there even the hood and all the windows it has all the wheels and it would just need a drive train

Which is somewhat of the hard part but the parts would be cheap (junkyard :smile: )

I can get help building it and even get the body together at my school

Man can dream :lol: :pimp:

Don't let the haters spoil your fun. It's a free car so you have a few options, two of which will put you ahead in terms of cost vs value.

1. Drop in a new drive train. Gut the interior, remove and patch any rusty spots (Even just sitting that long, I'd assume the floorpans and possibly trunk need to be replaced). Bolt in a decent junkyard interior, cover with Mexican blanket seat covers :smokin . This is what I'd do. I wouldn't even bother with the paint. Maybe primer grey. Something I just love about a reliable old car with a derelict patina though :smokin

2. Dump an absurd amount of money into it, build a beast, and then put it on the market at a price you'll never sell it for even though you're still losing money like this guy :lol: ... https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5163502018.html

3. Part it out. If you start the project and realize it's too far gone, you can always part it out and put that money towards something else.

I know you're pretty handy with a wrench, so unless you go with route #2... you can't lose.

Posts like this is why i love u

Listen to this man andretti

Been obsessing over this car so much lately.

Here's the z06 i was offered

Thanks man, really appreciate that!

This new job also comes with a commute that i am not willing to do in a car like a z06 though :lol:

Not only do i not want to pay for the gas but i don't want to put miles on it like that either.  

How is the NSX man? did you get the new wheels on?

It sucks that it's yellow but if he were to make that trade, I'd keep it and pick up an old compact to beat around daily for a little while. So worth it!

It's a fake part-time AWD system with no center diff, and open diffs.

End of story.

And does it even have hydraulic steering?
Take the L train.
it has an open diff in the front.

the rear is activated via a clutch pack a-la cla45 AMG, which in a sense is pretty much a rear diff - but on demand

porsche 991 911 doesn't use hydraulic steering either. whats your point, that you're proud of using outdated technology that requires actual maintenance of fluids because fanboys deemed the new method has a "lack of feel" without even driving the actual car?

Look, its common knowledge that having all four wheels powered ALL the time is a HUGE drive train loss. Lets use the old fashioned 10/15/20 rule.

Front wheel drive lose about 10% hp to the wheels.

Rear wheel drive lose about 15% hp to the wheels.

All wheel drive lose about 20% hp to the wheels.

A 300hp STi powering all four wheels ALL the time is putting down about 240. Just for equal measuring sake:

A 300hp Focus RS powering the front wheels is putting down about 270 from a roll start. From a stop, its putting down about the same as the STi.

Therefore, it's should be quicker as well as more efficient as well.

Why pay 40 grand for outdated tech? I'd love to get 30mpg and still hang/beat STi's on the track for the same price!

Last edited:
He's banned from the thread for 30 days. Gives him a cool off period as well as gives us a chance to gauge how much he's missed.

Just saw this on my way home from work. Looked crazy in person I've never actually seen one being driven :lol:

He's more than welcome back in this thread as long as he just keeps his annoying comments to himself.

Rumble this, rumble that. No one really cares. This thread is meant as a positive outlet for vehicles and so far, in the time he's been gone, this thread has been extremely positive and enjoyable

He's more than welcome back in this thread as long as he just keeps his annoying comments to himself.

Rumble this, rumble that. No one really cares. This thread is meant as a positive outlet for vehicles and so far, in the time he's been gone, this thread has been extremely positive and enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom