\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Volk Racing SE37K
17x9.5 +40
17x8.5 +40

Wife's s2000 is black. I'm thinking of a bronze chrome color but its sort of too safe for me. Part of me wants to go crazy on the color.

This is my 4th set of volks and I have already done white, bronze, metallic green, gunmetal, mag blue etc.

I'd mount em up and see what they look like, red wheels work with a black car. Although if I'm being honest, I'm not a huge fan of crazy colored wheels, they just scream "LOOK AT ME", and I prefer a little more subtlety, so I'd probably powdercoat them bronze or something too, that would look good :smokin

My wheels on my old Sierra had this cool bronze finish that looked almost black, that I really liked against the black paint (this style of wheel would look terrible on an S2000, I know, I'm just talking about the color of them :lol: ). Kinda hard to see in this pic, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Think I'm about to run drag radials as daily drivers
You have some sorta ride with a hemi right? DRs for a daily would be a little dicey if it sees rain.

My brother is running Nitto Nt555r and as long as it isn't heavy rain he's fine.

He has two new extra's he's going to give me and I'm thinking about just buying two nt555 g2 for the front.

Last edited:
My brother is running Nitto Nt555r and as long as it isn't heavy rain he's fine.

He has two new extra's he's going to give me and I'm thinking about just buying two nt555 g2 for the front.
Love the look of the NT555r, that's cool to hear they aren't too bad in light rain, I'd still be careful with them though. I just bought 4 NT555's, the old generation, the G2 doesn't come in the size I need for my Lightning. Anyways, after driving around on some pretty rainy days, I've been pleasantly surprised with them in the rain. They aren't incredible or anything in the rain, but still have decent traction for a summer oriented tire.

Was thinking this color, but we'll see. I'm likely not leaving them red. The colors okay but there are some marks and looks like maybe chemicals ruined the coating in some areas.

I'm gonna vinyl wrap my CLS, but when there is so many colors to choose, it can get real difficult.  Any of you guys got suggestions on what color you love to see on a CLS? I got the 06' 500.

Volk Racing SE37K
17x9.5 +40
17x8.5 +40

Wife's s2000 is black. I'm thinking of a bronze chrome color but its sort of too safe for me. Part of me wants to go crazy on the color.

This is my 4th set of volks and I have already done white, bronze, metallic green, gunmetal, mag blue etc.

Black with red wheels would look flamess imo but it's your car. Have you thought about gold?

I'm gonna vinyl wrap my CLS, but when there is so many colors to choose, it can get real difficult.  Any of you guys got suggestions on what color you love to see on a CLS? I got the 06' 500.

Is it lowered on aftermarket wheels or stock? A shade of blue perhaps?

Don't vinyl wrap it man. The w219 CLS is already a nice car in any color. If you do not have the AMG style bumpers, I would put my money towards that mod instead. If you do have the AMG style bumpers, then go for the 55/63 style quad exhaust!

Don't vinyl wrap it man. The w219 CLS is already a nice car in any color. If you do not have the AMG style bumpers, I would put my money towards that mod instead. If you do have the AMG style bumpers, then go for the 55/63 style quad exhaust!
I've put a body kit on it, You guys are gonna LOVE it.  It's currently in the shop now.  I've got something better than AMG 
wink.gif
.  I've got the AMG quad exhaust tips also!  The original car color is in a metallic navy blue....I am a fan of red colorways and was thinking vinyl wrapping it Carmine Red with a black gloss roof and 4D carbon fiber on the mirrors. Or even satin pearl white vinyl wrap.  (I'm doing the vinyl wrap myself, it is all just patience and some time consumption.)

Vinyl wrap should be in a color you couldn't get OEM to keep it unique. I love red also and think Carmine Red would look sharp. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

Ok cool. I'll meet you on Warren St. Keep that same energy when you see me *****.
so what's the real story behind the race? Cuz i seriously do not believe he put 20 lengths on you. I know the STi's are fast but come on... Whats your version of the story?

I've put a body kit on it, You guys are gonna LOVE it.  It's currently in the shop now.  I've got something better than AMG :wink: .  I've got the AMG quad exhaust tips also!  The original car color is in a metallic navy blue....I am a fan of red colorways and was thinking vinyl wrapping it Carmine Red with a black gloss roof and 4D carbon fiber on the mirrors. Or even satin pearl white vinyl wrap.  (I'm doing the vinyl wrap myself, it is all just patience and some time consumption.)
Congrats on the car. I would still rather add some authentic carbon fiber parts and performance modifications over a vinyl wrap, but that's just me. Vinyl wraps look like vinyl up close, not paint. The dark blue that you have is already one of the rarest colors for the w219 CLS... anyways good luck with your project and I hope it comes out how you want it!

I've put a body kit on it, You guys are gonna LOVE it.  It's currently in the shop now.  I've got something better than AMG :wink: .  I've got the AMG quad exhaust tips also!  The original car color is in a metallic navy blue....I am a fan of red colorways and was thinking vinyl wrapping it Carmine Red with a black gloss roof and 4D carbon fiber on the mirrors. Or even satin pearl white vinyl wrap.  (I'm doing the vinyl wrap myself, it is all just patience and some time consumption.)

I have some 4d carbon at home it looks pretty good

Congrats on the car. I would still rather add some authentic carbon fiber parts and performance modifications over a vinyl wrap, but that's just me. Vinyl wraps look like vinyl up close, not paint. The dark blue that you have is already one of the rarest colors for the w219 CLS... anyways good luck with your project and I hope it comes out how you want it!
Thanks bro, I was thinking of upgrading the mirrors to carbon fiber mirrors but i'm waiting to see how my tax money is looking.  The vinyl wrap is like 450-500 bucks, it isn't a killer.  The Capri blue metallic is a smooth color, but man i just LOVE red.  It just sticks out and grabs attention anywhere.  I promise you'll like the car when i'm done. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom