\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

[thread="266081"] IT IS ALSO LIGHT ENOUGH THAT I CAN TOSS IN IN THE TRUNK AND TAKE IT WITH ME TO THE TRACK. [/thread]
Now that's legit :pimp:  

YES SIR. THE WHOLE SETUP WEIGHTS 185LBS. EACH LIFT LEG IS 6FT LONG AND 75LBS EACH. SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO FIT IN THE CAR. THEY ALSO HAVE A DC POWERED VERSION SO THAT YOU CAN BE TRULY MOBILE AND POWER THE LIFT FROM YOUR CAR BATTERY. :pimp: :pimp:

Quick Picture this morning.

Just a K&N cold air intake and flowmasters. I debadged and painted the stock wheels black.

I just got it a couple months ago but I do plan on trying to keep it relatively stock. Last guy took pretty good care of it, everything still works on it, except the trip odometer. The nostalgia of it is what I love, growing up I always wanted one since the car was so futuristic when it came out and the awesome 90's Chevrolet commercials didn't help!

208 mph :x

At least he didn't hit a crowd of people but damn, still very dangerous.

OHP: Man arrested for driving 208 mph on Oklahoma turnpike

The John Kilpatrick Turnpike looking west from Coltrane Road in Oklahoma City, Friday April 29, 2016. Photo By Steve Gooch, The Oklahoman

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a state trooper arrested a driver after clocking his speed at more than 200 mph.

The patrol says Trooper Ryan Smith pulled over the man Saturday on the Kilpatrick Turnpike in Oklahoma City. Authorities say the man was driving a Ford Mustang and the trooper's radar clocked the car at 176 mph and then 208 mph.

Authorities say the driver attempted to elude the state trooper — turning off his headlights and brake lights at one point — but he was eventually pulled over at a red light. The highway patrol says the driver stopped his car and dropped his keys out of the window.

The highway patrol says the driver was arrested on complaints of reckless driving and felony eluding.

The last gen Shelby topped out at like 200... But even that would have to be modded a ton to get to 208... I'm not even sure a Mustang has the aero potential to go that fast :lol:... I'm guessing there might be some radar gun gremlins...

Last edited:
Anybody here have any knowledge about the 2JZGTE swap for the 1st generation IS300? 

I have an automatic and I have been thinking day and night about the 2JZGTE swap, whether it is with the Ariosto or the MK4 it self. 
I do like the VVTI system but I definitely am interested in hearing more about it to see where I can go from there. 
I am leaning towards the MK4 Supra engine...  (i've done a lot of research on MyIS forums but those were all post from 2001-2007, nothing recent) 

Cost
Which engine and Why
Will I have to switch out the Auto ****** for the Manual? 

Thanks fellas

Anybody here have any knowledge about the 2JZGTE swap for the 1st generation IS300? 
I have an automatic and I have been thinking day and night about the 2JZGTE swap, whether it is with the Ariosto or the MK4 it self. 

I do like the VVTI system but I definitely am interested in hearing more about it to see where I can go from there. 

I am leaning towards the MK4 Supra engine...  (i've done a lot of research on MyIS forums but those were all post from 2001-2007, nothing recent) 

Cost

Which engine and Why

Thanks fellas

LS swap>

The last gen Shelby topped out at like 200... But even that would have to be modded a ton to get to 208... I'm not even sure a Mustang has the aero potential to go that fast :lol:... I'm guessing there might be some radar gun gremlins...
Lol at the ignorance if you have enough money you can do anything.

Cost

Which engine and Why

Thanks fellas
Ive heard an 2j from an altezza will bolt right in :nerd:
This

I've heard the Aristo will bolt right in minus a few harnesses to adjust... 

But what would be the best route, i'm not sure. Huge dilemma 

DEFINITELY NOT AN LS SWAP.  
laugh.gif

Cost

Which engine and Why

Thanks fellas

LS swap>

VOODOO >>>>

:lol:

Cost

Which engine and Why

Thanks fellas

Why not just turbo the GE?

The thing about turboing the GE is that ill have to change the bottom end to compensate it as a GTE engine. Turno kit os already at 1800+ and added rods, fuel line and etc would be an extra 1000+ easy. Best route would be go for the MK4 or Aristo but im not sure which... but i think im leaning towards the Aristo bc of the VVTI for low end torque to help boost for power. At most, BPU performane is what i woild settle with

Back
Top Bottom