\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Fellas been looking at getting this 2008 M3. I offered him $23k, but clutch never been done and throttle body actuators never been changed. Has 90k miles on it, am I tripping?

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/6090207211.html
Don't even do that. Get a newer 335 and tune it if you really want that extra HP
Nah we've been over this before. 335 will never be an M3, regardless of how much power it has. 

Anyway, @humpasaurus rex, if the car checks out ok, i'd pay 20k for it.  If you keep looking you could find one with like 80k miles for $23k
laugh.gif
 we have? and it's more than enough to take on the freeway and a better ride. You gotta take your mind off the track G

Last edited:

Fellas been looking at getting this 2008 M3. I offered him $23k, but clutch never been done and throttle body actuators never been changed. Has 90k miles on it, am I tripping?

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/6090207211.html
Don't even do that. Get a newer 335 and tune it if you really want that extra HP
Nah we've been over this before. 335 will never be an M3, regardless of how much power it has. 

Anyway, @humpasaurus rex
, if the car checks out ok, i'd pay 20k for it.  If you keep looking you could find one with like 80k miles for $23k

:lol:  we have? and it's more than enough to take on the freeway and a better ride. You gotta take your mind off the track G

you must be new here :lol:

Last edited:
If you plan on keeping that car for a while, get the paint corrected followed by ceramic coating. It's expensive, but i've seen it first hand and it's well worth it.

We consigned a 2008 Shelby Mustang that had been ceramic coated about 2 years before, and all we had to do to get it showroom ready was wash it, no polishing or anything, it looked freshly paint corrected after a simple wash. its incredible stuff and the ONLY way id ever own a black car.
Heh, that's always the issue, I have a hard time keeping vehicles. I'm still really loving it though, and right now my intention is to keep it. I've been looking at ceramic coating, and it definitely seems like the way to go. Knowing that it can last for at least 2 years is REALLY impressive, I'll have to look around and see if anyone in town does it. I have a feeling that might be something I'd need to have done in Vancouver though. Do you know if it holds up through winter as well? We hardly get any snow, but definitely a lot of rain during the winter and spring.

Some of the MK7 guys are having issues with off the shelf tunes for the Cobb AP. Started doing some research and came across this:

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-maintenance/study-shows-top-tier-gasoline-worth-extra-price/

Interesting read, I usually go wherever but I'll probably switch to the Sunoco by my work that just got certified Top Tier
I always get BP for this reason

i basically exclusively fill chevron unless i cant get to one.

da techron

Some of the MK7 guys are having issues with off the shelf tunes for the Cobb AP. Started doing some research and came across this:

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-maintenance/study-shows-top-tier-gasoline-worth-extra-price/

Interesting read, I usually go wherever but I'll probably switch to the Sunoco by my work that just got certified Top Tier

i basically exclusively fill chevron unless i cant get to one.

da techron

i fill between shell or chevron which ever is cheaper/convenient :lol:

Last edited:

laugh.gif
 we have? and it's more than enough to take on the freeway and a better ride. You gotta take your mind off the track G
That's not even the issue, 335 is plenty capable at the track. My buddy has a modded 335 (over 500hp, m3 suspension components, big brake kit) that he tracks all the time and kills M3s on the track.

But the car will never hold future value like an m3, the interior is much better in the m3, you will never have the beautiful exterior styling and wide body lines of the m3, never have the sound of that high revving NA V8 engine, etc.  I love 335 and its a hell of a car for the money, but if you have the money and you're shopping for an m3, don't settle for what is still at the end of the day a regular 3 series.

@Nelson999 You think I should ask $20K without Volks and just keep the OEM wheels?
Not a bad idea but try to get it for 20 with the wheels first. If he needs/wants it gone fast enough he may do it.  It's not going to be super easy for him to sell that car being that it's so modified and nearing 100k miles.

Have you asked him if the rod bearings have been addressed?

Last edited:
[@=/u/76361/Nelson999]@Nelson999[/@] You think I should ask $20K without Volks and just keep the OEM wheels?

Not a bad idea but try to get it for 20 with the wheels first. If he needs/wants it gone fast enough he may do it.  It's not going to be super easy for him to sell that car being that it's so modified and nearing 100k miles.

Have you asked him if the rod bearings have been addressed?

Yeah, never been done he told me. He does all his maintenance at Active Autowerke and has been honest with me. Don't know how prominent that AA is in the BMW industry, but here's their site https://store.activeautowerke.com

ninjahood ninjahood
The CF roof is hard as hell to find on these cars.

Got this crappy black paint. Detailed it myself, but I'm no pro so still has a lot of work to be done to make it look better. Right now I'm contemplating either paying for a full paint correction and then get the ceramic coating or just saying **** it and wrapping it.

@Nelson999   I respect your opinion, we're just going to have to agree to disagree [emoji]128076[/emoji]

I see where you're coming from tho

Same here. Although up until a few years ago BP wasn't Top Tier certified. It had nothing to do with the quality of their fuel. The whole Top Tier thing is marketing bs. They do have some basic standards that need to be met but just about any major oil company will meet the standards. Just stay away from the little off brand stations and you're fine.

Heh, that's always the issue, I have a hard time keeping vehicles. I'm still really loving it though, and right now my intention is to keep it. I've been looking at ceramic coating, and it definitely seems like the way to go. Knowing that it can last for at least 2 years is REALLY impressive, I'll have to look around and see if anyone in town does it. I have a feeling that might be something I'd need to have done in Vancouver though. Do you know if it holds up through winter as well? We hardly get any snow, but definitely a lot of rain during the winter and spring.

It will hold up. It's extremely resistant to chemicals. Technically the only way to prematurely remove the coating is to polish it off (by machine). It's semi-permanent so keep in mind the condition of your paint will be preserved by the coating which is why it's most commonly applied to new and/or freshly detailed cars.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Haven't been in here in a while, and I come back to this M3 talk when I'm in the market for an e92 one smh.

My 335i now is full bolt on but I want a manual trans and the M3 has been on my mind crazy. Only thing I'm worried about is "downgrading" in power since there's not much I can do with it without going the supercharger route.

Haven't been in here in a while, and I come back to this M3 talk when I'm in the market for an e92 one smh.

My 335i now is full bolt on but I want a manual trans and the M3 has been on my mind crazy. Only thing I'm worried about is "downgrading" in power since there's not much I can do with it without going the supercharger route.
Yeah if you want straight line power the M probably isn't the best option, it is really fun to drive though the sound is intoxicating.

his post said he'd entertain trades for a Lexus IS F , GS F Sport, C63 AMG, CTS V etc.

the m3 really is underwhelming for the amount of love it gets everywhere, but i'd still take it over the lexus options.

Back
Top Bottom