\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yuck that interior looks like puke. HORRIBLE color scheme. That is a nasty color blue for an interior and that yellow.

I like it because it is different. Plus, yellow & blue is actually a historical race team livery. Sweden's racing teams in the 50s and 60s overseas (LeMans, etc) used this color scheme.

54E6ACB3-2545-406B-8BC1-05CD5CDFDEEF.jpeg

I think if the grills were connected and not split in the middle like in this render, it would look a lot more appealing. Otherwise just looks like huge nostrils.
Connected or not grille is still trash. Only negative against the car.
I disagree, feel like it looks like an alfa from the side. M3 is worse with the awkward crease at that rear fender so they could keep the regular 3 series doors
Agree BMW lost it man, they are no longer leading the pack just following now.
Ain’t no saving this, man. Old gens looking so much better. Need an F80 in my life.
YUP, that thing sitting mean.
atlantis-blue-m3-f80-bmw-brixton-forged-wr3-ultrasport-wheels-1-piece-concave-smoke-black-05.jpg ea802e33-bmw-abu-dhabi-atlantis-blue-m3-1.jpg
All they had to do was a minor change and they cocked it all up. Hell I don't even like the color, but the car still looks good.

F8x is lightyears better looking but the exhaust note is almost keeping me from ever wanting another one. If they could just put a V8 with actual torque in the M3/4 then they would crush the game.

F8x is lightyears better looking but the exhaust note is almost keeping me from ever wanting another one. If they could just put a V8 with actual torque in the M3/4 then they would crush the game.
Cop a F80 get a JB4 tune and a full akrapovic exhaust system

Thoughts on the Armytrix or Akrapovic. I like the deep sound when you first tap the gas on the Akrapovic, but not the note at the very end. I like the Armytrix from start to finish, at the time when I had my S5 they didn't make an exhaust for it.
Armytrix

Akrapovic

But this, on the other hand. :sick::sick: That N55 sounded crazy, man. F80 be sounding like a vacuum cleaner.

Reminds me of the road they were driving on at begining of Quantum of Solace. Love this intro.

He is driving the hell out of that M on that tight road. Someone said it but just starting to believe it now, I most certainly would have killed myself if I had got my license overseas.

Thoughts on the Armytrix or Akrapovic. I like the deep sound when you first tap the gas on the Akrapovic, but not the note at the very end. I like the Armytrix from start to finish, at the time when I had my S5 they didn't make an exhaust for it.
Armytrix

Akrapovic

In my opinion, there is no exhaust worth over $2k and that's pushing it. I had a valved exhaust on my E92 M3 and it sounded like a F1 fighter jet when I opened them up but it wasn't worth the price and on pretty much all NA cars you aren't going to see any noticeable power gains.

I don't think any exhaust sounds good on the F8x to be honest, I liked it stock. Id rather hear the turbos :lol:

What happened to the first one?

Can you tell me about the car? Pros ,cons anything really . Im all ears
Got rid of the 86 to get this 89 “highline”

Beautiful car, it gets alot of attention from all age groups.

89 is the last year they made the e24 so it’s fully loaded with all available options, I was fortunate and scored a deal. Mine has the refrigerator option in the back seat, leather headliner, etc.
bznc5WfC2h9ODl3eUyNlfxGc5N4C73QqnMmnkRjSYlN9UCegIzjG4z1va6Xx7WhIh0rKb5JEY0mDPdm-Z9V5

Its an easy car to work on and maintain, it’s from the 80’s so mechanically speaking everything is straight forward and non complicated by multiple electrical systems or sensors.

I do most the basic maintenance myself, oil, brakes, sensors.

with any car thats 30+ years old, you will have to be PROACTIVE and stay ahead of maintenance.

With that said, both my e24’s have been reliable and I daily drive them. Would recommend them to a car enthusiast, not so much a casual “car guy”.

The forums are a great resource for these cars and i have got many parts and advice from them. Hell I even had a rebuilt transmission shipped to Hawaii from Missouri from some forum members. Great community.

Older classics ain’t for everyone it’s a love of labor for sure.

exhaust prices are crazy for M cars.... but you can get a good set up still for 2k or less just cop the x pipe by itself the whole system aint worth it
the perks of a v8 tho people think i have an exhaust but its stock :lol:

So Fellas I need advice. I talked to my pops yesterday. Him and I were discussing the Benz because it has a busted tire. He was telling me

"I want you to keep the Benz as a project and have it be your Baby. But you need an SUV" "You already have a car. get an SUV. I'm trying to come up with some ideas right now for one that fits you.''

So I came up with three options and now narrowed it down to two. Option that I did away with (for now) is a 1st Gen Rav4. Now my only two are

Honda Passport I 1993 - 1997 SUV 5 door :: OUTSTANDING CARS

And

Chevrolet Suburban (2000) | Chevrolet suburban, Chevrolet, Used cars

Love Honda, even above Benz and GM (my three fav manufactures). Passport doesn't have a Honda built engine. If I buy a Honda car... I want a Honda engine (but them and Isuzu collaborated on these). I know absolutely nothing about Isuzu and their reliability. And I have no idea if parts are scarce for them over here (especially for these old engines). So if I get the Passport I could be in another money pit.. Probably worse than the Benz.

Suburban: My parents had a white Z71 in '08. I remember it being a good truck. Its LS powered.. Its reliable enough.. Only problem with me is.. They're too common. I don't know why but I'm kind of like my pops in a way when it comes to driving something more exclusive. And I have experience with this because the only other W126's I've seen on the road in my area was a beige one the day I bought mine. And a couple months after that I saw a black one down town. Other than those two I haven't seen any others other than mine in my general area. Feel like if I get the Suburban I'm going to experience Boredom of seeing the same thing I'm in 3 cars down at the stoplight. I won't experience this as much with the Passport.

I need Y'all to choose for me.

If those are your only 2 options and nothing else.

for sure get the Chevy
Way more capability, way more space.

the only con is gas mileage but the difference in mileage per year will be less than$1000< bucks I imagine.

the Honda will also blend, pretty vanilla styling

Back
Top Bottom