\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah, that's what it's called- Move Over law. I had 0 idea of this law existing in all honesty. After he let us pull off I asked my Dad & brother, both who were in the car with me, if they knew about this law. Like me, both of them had never heard of it before. I would never endanger an L.E.O's safety intentionally...luckily he was a level headed trooper. Is it enforced a lot in FL? from now on in whether I'm home in the city or upstate country side I'm moving over to the next lane ASAP. Learn something new everyday. 5 points on my license...that would suck major *** for my insurance I'm sure!
Never heard anyone getting a ticket for it, but I have seen signs on our highways telling drivers to follow the Move Over law.

I think a lot of troopers in the past have gotten hit or clipped by drivers not moving over so they now go to the passenger side to talk to the driver after pulling them over.

So today, I was with my family driving upstate through the country side. On one of the expwys a NY state trooper had somebody pulled over on the shoulder with his back facing the expwy. Their were 2 lanes for traffic. I was on the right lane. He saw me coming & like an airport runway worker, signaled me to pull over. I complied ofcourse & while pulling over I couldn't figure out why I just got pulled over & that too with the officer on foot & busy with another motorist. I wasn't speeding, I have window tint but had em all rolled down ahead of time, before he even saw me, my L.E.D. bar was off. He came to my window, I said hello g.morning blah blah blah & he told me the reason he pulled me over was since he had an on-going traffic stop I cannot pass him through the right lane as it endangers his safety. I was apologetic & genuinely had no idea this is a law. I hit em with the "I'm not from around here" lol & this dude fired back "You're still from NY state aren't ya"? I was like damn- yeah, I am lol. He said the only way I could legally pass em while being in the right lane with him on the shoulder was if I was going half the posted speed limit, about 25-ish. He said never to make this mistake again or it can result in me getting upto 5 points on my license. Have any of you guys encountered this kind of situation? Luckily he was a chill dude & no citation was given. On my way back I saw a trooper pulled over with a motorist & the driver in front of me almost inmediately switched to the left lane, I did so too right away lol. In the city, if this is truly a statewide law, NYPD doesn't enforce it as I've driven past officers who had someone pulled over dozens of times & not once was it an issue. Damn state troopers stay enforcing every little law in the book

MOVE OVER LAW IS IN EVERY STATE.

Wawa still got that hot turkey? First time I had that sub it was euphoric.
They usually have it only during the holidays. Not sure if it’s back yet but if not it should be soon. I always get the hot turkey bowl. They r actually surprisingly good for wawa. :lol:

My boys Supra. Perfect.

2131B2BD-1A91-4775-A669-FF36336D7163.jpeg

looks like the port of miami in the background, he from down here?

MOVE OVER LAW IS IN EVERY STATE.
I know now lol
i've never heard of that law til this thread but yes apparently it is in every state. Also called Scott's Law
Yeah, same here. Had no idea this was a law till yesterday. And you're right it's in every state & goes by few different names
Move over law has been in effect for a long time Zo. Lol
Lol apparently it has been bro. Learn something new everyday, thank God the trooper didn't ticket me & I avoided them points. That would've been really bad. Now I know for the future

Never heard anyone getting a ticket for it, but I have seen signs on our highways telling drivers to follow the Move Over law.

I think a lot of troopers in the past have gotten hit or clipped by drivers not moving over so they now go to the passenger side to talk to the driver after pulling them over.
Yeah, I mean it makes sense they want drivers to switch to the other lane since it's so close in proximity to the trooper/cop & emergency response vehicles. I would never want anyone to get hit while pulled over on a highway be it L.E.O. or a motorist so it def makes sense for it be a law to move over. I'm just grateful he didn't give me a ticket & let me go with just a detailed explanation for the stop & no points

I know now lol

Yeah, same here. Had no idea this was a law till yesterday. And you're right it's in every state & goes by few different names

Lol apparently it has been bro. Learn something new everyday, thank God the trooper didn't ticket me & I avoided them points. That would've been really bad. Now I know for the future
Just now learning about this law myself :lol:

sold both Subie's, kept the G35 but now I want an f30 335i x drive to haul the kid with.

whats the general consensus on the f30 335i awd? must have the m package though.

Went to that place in Pennsylvania today Classic Auto Mall. Man, it was like being a kid in a candy shop. Never seen soo many classics & dope rides on one place. A lot of the stuff is up for sale & a good amount of them are for display only from the owners private collection. Took a good 2+ hours to see it all & it's still in the process of expanding. No entry fees which was surprising but appreciated. If only I had all the moola in the world I'd go spend it here lol
20201013_113949.jpg
20201013_114153.jpg
20201013_114233.jpg
20201013_114241.jpg
20201013_114254.jpg
20201013_114508.jpg
20201013_114516.jpg
20201013_114746.jpg
20201013_114748.jpg
20201013_115649.jpg

Back
Top Bottom