\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Whats up ppl... just have a quick question... anyone on here ever bought a car through Military Auto Sales?
I haven’t but from the guys that I was stationed with they said the process wasn’t as bad as buying through a traditional dealer, you get more customizable options and the cars are cheaper, but you can only pick from a handful of manufactors

Just a heads up California gonna start testing your ECU starting next week.. if you have a tuned ECU you’re going to fail SMOG. Smh

Reason #462 to NEVER move to California. My car would fail INSTANTLY!! 93 dynotune, longtubes, and no cats H-pipe. Yeah, it would fail as soon as they hear and smell it, lol!

mane i want a diesel truck but i hear emissions is a bish if u tune ur truck

which is very worth it from what i've read
Bypassing DEF and DPF is a must if you own a diesel truck. These parts are not made to last and restrict the engine. They are also VERY expensive to replace.
Smog is only required for 98+ diesel trucks so if you like any of the years below it it would be ideal( also why the 2nd gen rams hold their value even tho they look like you need a mullet to drive them)

Reason #462 to NEVER move to California. My car would fail INSTANTLY!! 93 dynotune, longtubes, and no cats H-pipe. Yeah, it would fail as soon as they hear and smell it, lol!
Compliance is optional when you know the right people. But I will say you HAVE to pay to play. California has the worse car laws in the country but yet we still have have the biggest scene

Last edited:
The CA thing is annoying, but pretty much anyone connected in the car scene has a crooked smog guy anyways. It just slows you down, deters you which is fine.

If you have a tune, chances are you had an exhaust anyways.

If you don't have a crooked smog guy get a montana LLC / AZ PO Box and just take your money out of CA.

Last edited:
The CA thing is annoying, but pretty much anyone connected in the car scene has a crooked smog guy anyways. It just slows you down, deters you which is fine.

If you don't have a crooked smog guy get a montana LLC / AZ PO Box and just take your money out of CA.
they sell land in AZ for a couple grand i been thinking about copping a couple acres just to register everything to :lol:

Kind of why I got out of the modded car scene. Was paying $300+ to smog my engine swapped Integra.

I’d be very interested to know more about this.

Crooked smog guys can smog a similar displacement/size motor to yours that will be a guaranteed pass. Instead of the typical 40 bucks, they may charge 300 or more for their service. This payment is in addition to the price of your registration.

Another thing I realized is that many can just start using a Cobb/Bitflash type of tune where you can flash back to a base file at anytime.

Im currently running a tune from ByDesign that was uploaded onto my cobb and then flashed it to my car.

Bypassing DEF and DPF is a must if you own a diesel truck. These parts are not made to last and restrict the engine. They are also VERY expensive to replace.
Smog is only required for 98+ diesel trucks so if you like any of the years below it it would be ideal( also why the 2nd gen rams hold their value even tho they look like you need a mullet to drive them)

nevermind the def, egr is one of the dumbest things ever invented.

Back
Top Bottom