\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Don't know if this counts as a ride but last week up at Lake George for the first time I got to experience what 1 horsepower feels like lol
IMG-20210830-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210830-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210830-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210830-WA0002.jpg

Anyone have experience with the 2018 M3 F80 compared to the 2019 M2 Competition F87?

I feel as if I'm digging deeper into this BMW rabbit hole once I saw how egregiously overpriced they have the M240i's now. Decided to spend the extra cash (since I'm doing it already for the M240i) on an M car, but don't want to pick the wrong one. I intend to keep this car for a long time.

Anyone have experience with the 2018 M3 F80 compared to the 2019 M2 Competition F87?

I feel as if I'm digging deeper into this BMW rabbit hole once I saw how egregiously overpriced they have the M240i's now. Decided to spend the extra cash (since I'm doing it already for the M240i) on an M car, but don't want to pick the wrong one. I intend to keep this car for a long time.

E30, E36, E46, E90/92 are the only options!

Get the M3 if you plan to keep it a while

A good reason it costs more. I can't imagine regretting having the better engine, interior, more space

And personally I think the M3 looks the best out of the F8X M2/M3/M4. It's the best overall package imo

The M2 in manual would be a really fun car with great value but it doesn't quite check enough boxes for me

Agree. I would go for m3 too. Think it looks better and the 2 series is just a bit too small for me.

Most of my life, I've preferred the look of the M3 and practicality of having 4 doors.

But driving experience has taken priority of as late. I do not have children, nor drive more than 4 people at any given time. So, it really don't make much sense for me to have a sedan. I know, I said I intend to keep the car for a long time, and the M3 seems like a car I can grow into, which is a fair point. But I'm dating someone and she has her own car, and if she ends up being the one and we have a family, we can always use her car or get a family car.

This car is supposed to be for me. I was looking at the F80 M3, hoping I could save some cash and find some more value in it, but looks like all signs are pointing me to get the M2. It works out better that way, considering I was originally thinking of getting an M240i.

Now, I gotta figure out if I want the M2 2017-2018 with N55 model or the 2019+ Competition with the S55.

Again, value is really thee name of the game here.

Most of my life, I've preferred the look of the M3 and practicality of having 4 doors.

But driving experience has taken priority of as late. I do not have children, nor drive more than 4 people at any given time. So, it really don't make much sense for me to have a sedan. I know, I said I intend to keep the car for a long time, and the M3 seems like a car I can grow into, which is a fair point. But I'm dating someone and she has her own car, and if she ends up being the one and we have a family, we can always use her car or get a family car.

This car is supposed to be for me. I was looking at the F80 M3, hoping I could save some cash and find some more value in it, but looks like all signs are pointing me to get the M2. It works out better that way, considering I was originally thinking of getting an M240i.

Now, I gotta figure out if I want the M2 2017-2018 with N55 model or the 2019+ Competition with the S55.

Again, value is really thee name of the game here.

If you're after driving experience, the M2 is the better bet. Given how small the car is, its a much better car to drive aggressively especially with its power to weight ratio. The m3 is a better every day car due to its space, especially if you're getting the 4-door. Chances are both will hold value over the long run but I think the m2 will hold its value more.

Take it for what its worth but a lot of people have said the F80 lost its character a bit relative to previous generations. Just need to assess what your priorities are for the car.

If you're after driving experience, the M2 is the better bet. Given how small the car is, its a much better car to drive aggressively especially with its power to weight ratio. The m3 is a better every day car due to its space, especially if you're getting the 4-door. Chances are both will hold value over the long run but I think the m2 will hold its value more.

Take it for what its worth but a lot of people have said the F80 lost its character a bit relative to previous generations. Just need to assess what your priorities are for the car.

Sorry, I don't think I follow.

You talking about the F80 with the N55 vs the F87 with the S55?

Sorry, I don't think I follow.

You talking about the F80 with the N55 vs the F87 with the S55?

I'm saying the F80 generation of the M3. Jason Camissa quickly touches on it in the video below starting at minute 17:20. I've heard a lot of journalists and hardcore M enthusiasts say the same thing as him, that the 5th generation M3 didn't drive as well. That's not to say that it's a bad car at all but you're holding it such a high standard. The F80 became a more refined vehicle which a lot of M enthusiasts were not a fan of.

Compare it to the F87 M2 which is still a relatively small car that is fun to drive because of its ability to fling around a track. There's a reason why the 1M and original M3 have such a huge cult following. People love the feedback the car provides.

I only mention these points because you said you were looking for driving experience. Overall, both cars are great in their own right

Last edited:
I haven't seen a lot of those R31's but that one is beautiful. One of the best 80's designs in my opinion. I was curious and apparently with the exchange rate that one costs about $40K not including shipping which is a lot to me haha
Totally agree- that 80's box style design was the best. Yeah $40K it's up there tack on another say $2k minimum for shipping I'd assume- that-s a lot to me too lol. Would be a nice piece to add to the stable. We can always dream lol

This all day about the M2. The car is the perfect size for a tossable incredibly fun car. And if you want to make it even more vicious, get a Dinan setup.

One good friend in my Cars & Coffee group has an M2 in Long Beach Blue with a Dinan Stage 4 kit! Sounds absolutely bonkers! Such a cool car. No body mods so coming at you it looks like a normal M2. But when he punches it, hold the bleep on! Only visual queue is the small "DINAN" badge on the back trunk lid.

Anyone else obsessed with the Kia Stinger?

One of those really good cars that unfortunately no one buys.

My bro has a new K5 GT Line thats really nice. Wish it was the GT with the bigger engine but its a really dope whip. Besides the driving dynamics I think its “better” than my new Accord Sport.

One of those really good cars that unfortunately no one buys.

My bro has a new K5 GT Line thats really nice. Wish it was the GT with the bigger engine but its a really dope whip. Besides the driving dynamics I think its “better” than my new Accord Sport.
Nice! That's what's up. I have a 2019 Hyundai Sonata and it's perfect and comfortable for my needs. I'm looking to upgrade to the Stinger in the future.

Nice! That's what's up. I have a 2019 Hyundai Sonata and it's perfect and comfortable for my needs. I'm looking to upgrade to the Stinger in the future.

The Stinger should drive a lot better than the K5 since its sport oriented. Thats the only meh part about my bros K5, even in sport mode the steering was alright. Not bad by any means but my Accord Sport feels 10x better.

Back
Top Bottom