\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sheesh V10
1128A4D4-2ABA-41F0-AAC0-6BCD2084AB0D.jpeg

Hmm so its not a 912 or a 930?

So just a 911?

Not sure what internal code that year Porsche is. I'll look quick on Google....(que Jeopardy theme song)

After finding a site that shows every single internal number for Porsche models ever made, it seems like the 930 was the first one to use the designation for an entire model generation. Site even showed the Carrera GT is the 980. But for that RS, they call it a 911. There are codes for the engine (911/83 for 72-73) and 5-speed transmission (915/08) for the same year Carrera RS. The 912 was an actual Porsche back in the early 911 iteration. It's own car. Then that number was used for the internal parts for the 917 race car.

I learned something new today, cool! Gonna bookmark that Wiki page. 👍

Here it is below. Pretty darn informative.

Saw the picture you added. I did see something calling it a "G" series. But the 912 only was designated to equate to a 4-cylinder model. Maybe one of our fellow posters who are Porschephiles will chime in.

Last edited:
I had a R56 2007 Mini Cooper S (turbo engine) from 2007-2014. Original owner, it worked perfectly fine until one day at 86,xxx miles the engine seized & caught on fire, luckily I was fully insured and they paid me $12,000. I loved that car but won't get anything made by BMW except my dream car E30 M3. I heard the 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S (supercharged engine)is probably the best/most reliable Mini you can get though.

Not sure what internal code that year Porsche is. I'll look quick on Google....(que Jeopardy theme song)

After finding a site that shows every single internal number for Porsche models ever made, it seems like the 930 was the first one to use the designation for an entire model generation. Site even showed the Carrera GT is the 980. But for that RS, they call it a 911. There are codes for the engine (911/83 for 72-73) and 5-speed transmission (915/08) for the same year Carrera RS. The 912 was an actual Porsche back in the early 911 iteration. It's own car. Then that number was used for the internal parts for the 917 race car.

I learned something new today, cool! Gonna bookmark that Wiki page. 👍

Here it is below. Pretty darn informative.

Saw the picture you added. I did see something calling it a "G" series. But the 912 only was designated to equate to a 4-cylinder model. Maybe one of our fellow posters who are Porschephiles will chime in.
Appreciate you doing the footwork on that,if i see an older porsche this weekend ill try to ask the owner about that

Looks awesome! I love it. Sexy *** car

Appreciate it bro, it’s sadly not modded looks wise yet, like most Z’s out there but I hope all goes well where I’ll at least get to boost it. I been checking this thread like every other day or so, what ever happen to the maxima claim? Did the insurance finally figure everything out?

Kinda want a Mini Cooper S. Anyone here ever own one?

my ex had one and she loved it, it was a Manual, and to her fast....but lol, know that wasn’t the case because she’s a speed limit driver so doubt she ever put the peddle to the floor. But nonetheless seem like a perfect daily for fun.

Last edited:
my ex had one and she loved it, it was a Manual, and to her fast....but lol, know that wasn’t the case because she’s a speed limit driver so doubt she ever put the peddle to the floor. But nonetheless seem like a perfect daily for fun.

Read reddit reviews and some forum reviews and they saying Mini’s have Range Rover type reliability issues. Nvm. :lol:

I had a R56 2007 Mini Cooper S (turbo engine) from 2007-2014. Original owner, it worked perfectly fine until one day at 86,xxx miles the engine seized & caught on fire, luckily I was fully insured and they paid me $12,000. I loved that car but won't get anything made by BMW except my dream car E30 M3. I heard the 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S (supercharged engine)is probably the best/most reliable Mini you can get though.

Youre not the first story ive read today about the car just going up in flames. Literally like the 4th one I read. Was looking at a 2013 S and I read ‘13’s and up are decent reliability wise but still expensive to fix and yeah the 05-06 models are apparently the best.

Love how they look, love the quirkyness word to Doug Demuro but nvm.

I should never have gotten rid of my FG2 Si smh.

Looking at exhaust videos on diff cars on YT, bruh I hate how in a lot of these videos they go, turn the car on to hear the start up noise and let it sit for near a goddamn minute before they start to rev it. I get it, cold start whatever but no one needs to hear idle sound for a damn minute and then only rev it for 5 seconds. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom