\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What products do you guys use to detail your cars and where do you purchase?

looking recommendations on exterior and interior products

thanks fellas

thanks fellas

There's a big time detailer somewhere in this thread, but not sure of his name...If you go back through the thread you'll see he often gives advice on people who want to detail at home. I'm sure someone can chime in with his name.

There's a big time detailer somewhere in this thread, but not sure of his name...If you go back through the thread you'll see he often gives advice on people who want to detail at home. I'm sure someone can chime in with his name.

Thanks appreciate the response

I search the thread with the word “detail” and saw a few posts about chemical guys but I figured I’d ask the group

Thanks appreciate the response

I search the thread with the word “detail” and saw a few posts about chemical guys but I figured I’d ask the group

I used Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner for the interior and had no problems with it whatsoever. Interior looks really nice. Stuff was dirt cheap on Amazon, too.

For exterior I've been meaning to do a more serious detail, but I used some cheap liquid Meguiars Ceramic Wax and I thought it did a decent job. It is VERY quick and easy to use, and I'm lazy so yeah lol. Here's my car after using it. I think I also used Meguiars Hot Rims on the wheels.

1B5DF99B-CE6A-42FF-B265-C28873B16AB8.jpeg

Yeah and have been for a min

Hard finding a clean one. I don't trust these 5 and 6 owner cars

I feel ya. Your best bet is checking BMW forums for sale, BMW CCA classifieds, or autotempest and searching across the US for private sellers and dealers. The best deals usually sell within a day or two now, though. Maybe even check Cars and Bids...Bringatrailer cars always sell for more than normal now. Used to find some steals, but these days it's better for eye-candy and window-shopping, not so much if you are trying to find a deal lol. Though if you have deep pockets you can easily find one there no problem. Hope you find one man!

Those The Hire films were awesome. Lot of big name directors on that project. I'm biased, but IMO E39 is probably the best overall sedan you can buy.

E38 is classic too, greatest 7 series of all time. In Europe they got optional manual transmission, too. America got shafted as usual.

Not sure what was cooler, the Ericsson phone driven one from Tomorrow Never Dies or the manual one in The Transporter. Both :pimp:

Oh, definitely the manual car that Statham drove. Though I liked the wheels on the one Bond used. M Parallels!! 🔥🔥

Don’t sleep on continental tires and the m boys are rolling in I love it :pimp:

44k miles is low for that m5
rod bearings will save that engine but I hear they have transmission issues too but if it’s a 6 speed that’s as good as it’s gonna get :pimp:

Rod bearings is somewhat mitigated if you just let the damn engine warm up lol. I'll still probably do them around 55k.

SMG is prevalent in pre lci models, almost nonexistent on the lci.

As a third car, this is probably seeing 3k a year if that. But there is nothing like aa full bolt on v10 guys, no v8 is gonna make u smile like this.

imo the v10 prices will start increasing at some point. it really has hit rock bottom.

thanks fellas

Good question. I used to be a Meguiar's guy for everything and anything. That's changed. I'll still use theirs Quick Detailer or their Ceramic detailer (though it's not real ceramic, like the coating but it's good) but I use different brands for different needs.

Washing: Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam with my MTM Hydro PF 22.2 foam Cannon! Stuff looks like I coated the car with marshmallow fluff! And that cannon is THE BEST!! I just use a generic microfiber mitt to wash using the snow foam and rinse in the buckets.

PXL_20210410_174036422.jpg
PXL_20210418_165201604.jpg
PXL_20210410_174051309.jpg

Interior general: Adams sweet almond detail spray. Stuff works wonders, and smells great.
Leather: This I still use Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner. Haven't yet gotten some Chemical Guys leather stuff.

Black trim (rubber/plastic) Meguiar's Ultimate Black. Stuff really adds moisture to plastics that have faded in the sun.

No wheel cleaner. Just soap and elbow grease. Some of those eat up the finish. Won't make that mistake again.

Tire dressing is Meguiar's purple Endurance Tire. Great and no sling. Dries quick too.

Last but not lease, my new favorite wax. Was always a Meguiar's Gold Class Wax (carnauba) but I tried Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and I'M SOLD! Easy to apply, a little goes a long way, and when the wax, hazes, and buffed, the car just looks wet. See the pics below.
PXL_20210704_150126678.jpg

PXL_20210704_145915389.jpg

PXL_20210912_154216617.jpg

PXL_20210910_232225958.jpg

This wax is my favorite I've used. Both cars above are waxed using it. No ceramic or anything else. Just a wash and hand waxed. The SVR looks so glossy and wet. The GT looks very shiny (especially for near 16 year old paint). And the pearl paint on the Gallardo really comes out in the sun after use it. I'm truly impressed.

And I use Adam's Detail Spray to keep the shine up. The stuff is amazing. Just watch for sales as they usually offer a free 16 oz bottle with a gallon purchase. Worth it. 👍

Last edited:
I remember the 6mt e60 m5 wasn’t selling because everyone wanted the smg. I read a review that said the gearing on the 6 speed didn’t match the power band of the v10 and that you couldn’t fully disable stability control. They were dirt cheap, relatively speaking… now they’re hella sought after.

i use the two bucket method, a pressure washer, and a detail spray…i bought everything but the pressure washer from adamspolishes…

its crazy how clean my cars look compared to before. if you buy the detail spray from adams buy the large amount (i think its a gallon)…the detailer is unbelievable

i use the two bucket method, a pressure washer, and a detail spray…i bought everything but the pressure washer from adamspolishes…

its crazy how clean my cars look compared to before. if you buy the detail spray from adams buy the large amount (i think its a gallon)…the detailer is unbelievable

Meh my building garage is dusty af and with so many cars going in and out im car is layered in dust just after a day or two so im unmotivated to get a really good wash. Reason why I got my Accord in white so you wont notice the swirls from the carwash. I did find this new spot thats a hand car wash, cars still on the track so they have to finish the car before it gets to the end so sometimes they dont get every spot but considering my dusty *** garage idc so much. :lol:

Last edited:
Rod bearings is somewhat mitigated if you just let the damn engine warm up lol. I'll still probably do them around 55k.

SMG is prevalent in pre lci models, almost nonexistent on the lci.

As a third car, this is probably seeing 3k a year if that. But there is nothing like aa full bolt on v10 guys, no v8 is gonna make u smile like this.

imo the v10 prices will start increasing at some point. it really has hit rock bottom.
Any mods done or planned on doing later? Honestly with how little it’ll be driven and at that mileage it’ll be fine I have yet to do mines I’m at 60k :nerd:

Any mods done or planned on doing later? Honestly with how little it’ll be driven and at that mileage it’ll be fine I have yet to do mines I’m at 60k :nerd:

supercharger would be insane!

no more mods as of now, just wanna stay on top of all maintenance.

Front end mean af. Love that steering wheel too. Idk why car manufacturers think white exterior means 95% of them needs a tan interior. That wood looks awful, I think Infiniti’s had the worst wood trim pieces from this time period. Idk why companies think wood ever looked good in cars. Dark gray wood looked ok.

Adams Polishes makes great products but have to get online.

If you are looking to buy products local Meguiars and Griots Garage are my go to brands. Turtle Wax has really upped their game last few years also. Chemical Guys makes great foam soaps but not a fan of their polishes.

If wanting to do a Ceramic Coating CarPro makes great stuff. I have recently switched to Undrdog coatings and been pleased. Detailed image is a good site to buy from they have discounts all the time.

Apex Detail is a great follow on Youtube if getting into detailing.

Got a black crew cab few years ago and got into detailing. Its my side hustle now, stay as busy as I want and funds my Mini Truckin habit.

Front end mean af. Love that steering wheel too. Idk why car manufacturers think white exterior means 95% of them needs a tan interior. That wood looks awful, I think Infiniti’s had the worst wood trim pieces from this time period. Idk why companies think wood ever looked good in cars. Dark gray wood looked ok.

I'm really torn tbh. I want to pick up an aluminum trim set but the wood is growing on me (major pause) :lol:

kinda gives it two different personalities.

thanks fellas
I use & love Adam's Polishes. Big fanboy here. Got to buy it all online- their website, eBay, Amazon. I use their waterless wash for waterspots & little touchups here & there. Have their wheelcleaning set but hvnt gotten around to using it. Have used their ceramic coating, various swirl remover polishes, orbital buffer & pretty satisfied with em all.

Back
Top Bottom