\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Base spec C8 makes it look meh

But the Z06 makes it shine

030422_8.jpg

I don't get all this dislike for the new Vette. Personally, I think it's sexy af & yes Z06 is extremely good looking. I've seen maybe 3 in real life & I broke my neck each time. Sharp lines, low stance, performance to back it up, nice interior- it's a win in my book 🤷‍♂️

**** no. Its proportions are awful, and those headlights, hell the front end. Yuck.

I don't get all this dislike for the new Vette. Personally, I think it's sexy af & yes Z06 is extremely good looking. I've seen maybe 3 in real life & I broke my neck each time. Sharp lines, low stance, performance to back it up, nice interior- it's a win in my book 🤷‍♂️

100% agree.

It is bizarre to me that people in here like the new BMW M3/4, Teslas, Mercedes GLE Coupe...But then take issue with the new Corvette? :lol:

It looks similar to some Ferrari or maybe even Mclarens, but the whole point of the C8 is getting performance like those cars but on a budget. IMO Chevy really knocked it out of the park with the C8. It's really impressive how much car you get. If we were talking regular MSRP price in a normal times without these dealer hiked prices, I think it's one of the best bang for your buck cars on the market.

I'm not a fan of the tail lights, but I really like the rest of the design. The stock color options do suck though, Chevy needs to work on that.

100% agree.

It is bizarre to me that people in here like the new BMW M3/4, Teslas, Mercedes GLE Coupe...But then take issue with the new Corvette? :lol:

It looks similar to some Ferrari or maybe even Mclarens, but the whole point of the C8 is getting performance like those cars but on a budget. IMO Chevy really knocked it out of the park with the C8. It's really impressive how much car you get. If we were talking regular MSRP price in a normal times without these dealer hiked prices, I think it's one of the best bang for your buck cars on the market.

I'm not a fan of the tail lights, but I really like the rest of the design. The stock color options do suck though, Chevy needs to work on that.
Word bro. If we're talking strictly design language & looks one can't like a Tesla & dislike the C8 like c'mon, lol. I see how Chevy incorporated McLaren & Ferrari style into it like you said & to me that's not totally a bad thing. Like the Vette is America's sports car right? So you get those sharp lines & shape w/o the insane price tag of an exotic. Won't be the 1st or last time a brand copied another.

Totally agree they knocked it out the park with the C8. The car is a game changer man. Mid engine beast! They went in a completely different direction with this gen & it delivers. Even the interior for an American brand is pretty nice. And yes, tail lights is where they screwed up on the design. Those are Camaro tails. Style cues from a lower model on a companies foodchain should never be incorporated to a higher model.

I've seen the regular colors, light blue, white & red. The C8 & relaunched Supra are 2 of the best looking cars on the market right now, hands down.

100% agree.

The C8 is ****ing terrible aesthetically. The proportions, shape, front headlights, theres no angles of this car where the proportions and shape doesnt look weird. Dont give a damn how much of a value it is with what you get, it is a disgusting looking car. :lol:

Supra I like, especially the back end but not a huge huge fan of it overall. Its the headlight design, if they got rid of that “point” it has it might look better.

No one likes the new M4/M3 with that atrocious grill, dont know where you get that from. Teslas are a toss up, to me its a very unoffending design. Its not ugly, but they also arent AMAZING either. People hate on the coupe SUV’s, some are ugly or also proportioned weirdly, X6 im looking at you, but some look good. GLE coupe looks great.

Having said that, the new ZO6 is probably the best ICE car I’ve driven.

Unfortunately, the C8 was going to be awkward proportionally as focus groups (i.e. C7 buyers) insisted on a removable top that could be stored in the trunk.

The Ferrari inference was very intentional as some executives in Detroit want a ‘sure thing’ from a sales volume POV (see Lincoln Continental/Bentley).

While the exterior has taken a step back, the C8 has far more traction in corners and a nicer interior. Such are trade offs at irs compromised price point.

BMWs styling evolution as its pretty much designed its cars for China market tastes are more noteworthy IMHO.

The C8 is ****ing terrible aesthetically. The proportions, shape, front headlights, theres no angles of this car where the proportions and shape doesnt look weird. Dont give a damn how much of a value it is with what you get, it is a disgusting looking car. :lol:

Supra I like, especially the back end but not a huge huge fan of it overall. Its the headlight design, if they got rid of that “point” it has it might look better.

No one likes the new M4/M3 with that atrocious grill, dont know where you get that from. Teslas are a toss up, to me its a very unoffending design. Its not ugly, but they also arent AMAZING either. People hate on the coupe SUV’s, some are ugly or also proportioned weirdly, X6 im looking at you, but some look good. GLE coupe looks great.

zmaqbool zmaqbool This is what I'm talkin about...

Man said this "looks great"

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.33.54 AM.png

and that the C8 is "****ing terrible aesthetically" and "disgusting" I'm done :rofl:

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.46.06 AM.png

zmaqbool zmaqbool This is what I'm talkin about...

Man said this "looks great"

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.33.54 AM.png

and that the C8 is "****ing terrible aesthetically" and "disgusting" I'm done :rofl:
That looks like an 🥚 on wheels haha. Terrible aesthetically are words that can't be used to describe the C8. The rear angle with the tails is the only bad angle this car has. Interior is sleek too, I like how they did the layout with the buttons all in a straight line. Car hugs the road & has awesome width as most Vettes do. Idc what anyone says the C8 is a great looking car IMO

only bad thing i can think of about the c8 is that it wasnt made with a manual
Most people I’m sure don’t even know how to drive manual lol. I don’t think they need or even care for it anymore when paddles just as fun, especially when you go on the track or canyon run.

Most people I’m sure don’t even know how to drive manual lol. I don’t think they need or even care for it anymore when paddles just as fun, especially when you go on the track or canyon run.
thats crazy. i cant really imagine buying a sports car without a manual transmission

i test drove the new supra and instantly knew i wasnt going to get it bc if the paddles

2023 supra is gonna have a manual tho

Word bro. If we're talking strictly design language & looks one can't like a Tesla & dislike the C8 like c'mon, lol. I see how Chevy incorporated McLaren & Ferrari style into it like you said & to me that's not totally a bad thing. Like the Vette is America's sports car right? So you get those sharp lines & shape w/o the insane price tag of an exotic. Won't be the 1st or last time a brand copied another.

Totally agree they knocked it out the park with the C8. The car is a game changer man. Mid engine beast! They went in a completely different direction with this gen & it delivers. Even the interior for an American brand is pretty nice. And yes, tail lights is where they screwed up on the design. Those are Camaro tails. Style cues from a lower model on a companies foodchain should never be incorporated to a higher model.

I've seen the regular colors, light blue, white & red. The C8 & relaunched Supra are 2 of the best looking cars on the market right now, hands down.

I agree with everything you said except for the part about the Supra being best looking. That Supra is uglier than a Toyota Solara.

Back
Top Bottom