\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I saw that the order banks are supposed to open next month, and part of me thinks it’s a better idea to wait for a 23, but the chip shortage is real. The forums are full of people waiting for their orders they placed last year. If I find a 37 package in the color I want at a 10k markup I’ll buy it asap.
Yeah I’m patient and there’s talks of improvement in chip and supply chain for late this year\early next which is right around the corner.
A local dealer just got in a white w/37 package and they have a $20k markup.

Yeah I’m patient and there’s talks of improvement in chip and supply chain for late this year\early next which is right around the corner.
A local dealer just got in a white w/37 package and they have a $20k markup.
It’s $25k markup for 37’s and 20k for 35’s around me. They all say that’s negotiable but the last two 37’s I found within 100 miles sold within 3 days. I’m still on the fence about which vehicle I want to upgrade but the antimatter blue raptor I checked out today really caught my eye.

I always check my daily Bring-a-Trailer email for cool things. Well, I have a few saved cars that I get emails when they pop up (any Lotus, Ford GT & GT40, Mustangs & Lamborghini). Well, a very cool holy grail for me popped up and I'd love to see what it eventually does, as these don't pop up often (if at all in the U.S). I gather there are only a few here (though they can be imported but they are going for silly money overseas).

Lotus Carlton! 3.0 straight-6 with twin Garrett T25 turbos with a manual from the C4 ZR1! 377hp/417tq & THESE THINGS ARE FREAKING WICKED! Was the fastest sedan for a period of time. I'd absolutely LOVE THIS!! Would definitely be a hit at Radwood!! And would get a lot of look anywhere you took it. If only I won a small scratch off lottery! 😞

Carltons are awesome, one of the coolest sedans ever made. Would love one in the garage.

I always check my daily Bring-a-Trailer email for cool things. Well, I have a few saved cars that I get emails when they pop up (any Lotus, Ford GT & GT40, Mustangs & Lamborghini). Well, a very cool holy grail for me popped up and I'd love to see what it eventually does, as these don't pop up often (if at all in the U.S). I gather there are only a few here (though they can be imported but they are going for silly money overseas).

Lotus Carlton! 3.0 straight-6 with twin Garrett T25 turbos with a manual from the C4 ZR1! 377hp/417tq & THESE THINGS ARE FREAKING WICKED! Was the fastest sedan for a period of time. I'd absolutely LOVE THIS!! Would definitely be a hit at Radwood!! And would get a lot of look anywhere you took it. If only I won a small scratch off lottery! 😞
Never seen or heard of this but it's pretty dope. The only problem is can see with it is it wants to be an evo so damn bad :lol:

Saw this Goliath while out on a walk earlier. What a monster of a truck, if only I had all the $ in the world I'd cop in a heartbeat.
20220610_211821.jpg

this truck is so comforttable on the road
Man it looks so damn beast & is so muscular I'm sure potholes, bumps or just about anything it'll just absorb all that discomfort. I want to sit on those hella bolstered seats Dodge be making & drive this machine through the desert or dirt roads & let it rippppp. It's probably so much fun to drive. You driven it?

I’m sure it’s comfortable but I wouldn’t be taking that barge on Moab. The Jeep is is no way comfortable but it is a true off road vehicle.
Where are they bringing it in the Middle East for off-roading? The desert? Sounds very gimmick when in 99.9% of cases it’s hitting Starbucks curbs more than doing any real off-roading.
Again it looks great but $130k is GLS63 and X7 Alpina territory and I can’t see a Toyota in a nice dress being a direct competitor. Just my opinion of course.

Bud, don't knock a Land Cruiser (or it's Lexus twin). They are WAY more capable than you think. 👍

Never seen or heard of this but it's pretty dope. The only problem is can see with it is it wants to be an evo so damn bad :lol:

There is a slight flaw with what you said. The Lotus is a 1992. That's the exact same year that the original Evo 1 came out. And that car only had 247 hp out of the turbo 4 and was a real compact car. This is a bigger car and the more winged Evos (V, VI, etc) didn't come out till much later, well after this was introduced. This was matched up against the AMG Hammer of the day and the M5 of it's time. 👍

Mom mobile? This is more capable than any Jeep. It just happens to mix luxury etc. It’s sold over seas and the number one choice in the middle east for being basically indestructible. A Wrangler is cool, I had a lifted one for a company car. Night and day difference.

All Lexus SUV’s have a mom connotation to them, not just the RX. That being said I love the GX and the new LX is basically a Land Cruiser. Not a fan of the LX though.

The new RX is actually really sick. Id drive that momma mobile anyday.

If I coudnt afford a Benz or BMW. :lol:

My guess is a TVR
Can't import the cool ones yet (Tuscan Speed Six or the Sagaris) as they aren't 25 years old. Trust me, I watch their prices overseas VERY closely (the Tuscan especially). Swordfish was awesome & the car was so freaking cool.

Bud, don't knock a Land Cruiser (or it's Lexus twin). They are WAY more capable than you think. 👍
I’m aware of LC ancestors capabilities but don’t go throwing 24” wheels on it and start talking about how it’s this great off-road capable vehicle.
Just like my wife isn’t taking her 500hp SUV to the drag strip.

I’m aware of LC ancestors capabilities but don’t go throwing 24” wheels on it and start talking about how it’s this great off-road capable vehicle.

Are you actually denying the LC’s off road capabilities? If the world was connected by land and I had to choose a vehicle to cross the world with on an epic roadtrip without a doubt it would be a LC. It would probably be insane to pick anything else. :lol:

Just picked up my last ICE daily
‘23 integra
Now patiently waiting for my old man EV Macan

Acura should be embarassed slapping the Integra name on this. Not that its a bad looking car, theres just nothing Integra about it just as theres nothing NSX about the 2nd gen. Just made a post about this the other day. This is basically a new gen ILX.

Are you actually denying the LC’s off road capabilities? If the world was connected by land and I had to choose a vehicle to cross the world with on an epic roadtrip without a doubt it would be a LC. It would probably be insane to pick anything else. :lol:

Nope…just saying it’s not the most ideal vehicle for true off-roading. I’m not just talking dirt roads and you better make sure the paths you take are wide enough. Oh and I hope you don’t mind a few new pinstripes on your $100k offroader.
You can probably do just as well if not better in a new Sequioa TRD Pro since it’s built on the same platform and save yourself $50k if you REALLY want to off-road it.

Wh
Nope…just saying it’s not the most ideal vehicle for true off-roading. I’m not just talking dirt roads and you better make sure the paths you take are wide enough. Oh and I hope you don’t mind a few new pinstripes on your $100k offroader.
You can probably do just as well if not better in a new Sequioa TRD Pro since it’s built on the same platform and save yourself $50k if you REALLY want to off-road it.

What is “true off roading”?

All Lexus SUV’s have a mom connotation to them, not just the RX. That being said I love the GX and the new LX is basically a Land Cruiser. Not a fan of the LX though.

The new RX is actually really sick. Id drive that momma mobile anyday.

If I coudnt afford a Benz or BMW. :lol:

Yeah people that don’t know about cars make that connection. That’s what makes the GX and especially the LX so different. True 4x4s. Those that know about the LX know. Most will just get an Escalade or a CUV X7 etc.

While the LX and Land Cruiser share a platform they are different inside and out with the LX having some additional capabilities.

RX created the entire luxury CUV class back in 1998. Don’t think anything besides a G Wgon, Range Rover is also a momma cuv 😉

They are legends off road.

At anytime I can throw some Nitto Grapplers, 18”
wheels and go off roading. That said even with 24s and street tires its more capable than most. I wouldn’t take it seriously off roading in these wheels and tires.

Back
Top Bottom