\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Anybody here own/drive a golf R? I miss driving a 6mt and need a daily I can put 25k miles a year on.
I had a tuned MK6 GTI, the VW manual transmission sucks. They don't use anything different for the clutch on the GTI that they don't use for the base model Golf or Jetta. I blew my first clutch by about 24K miles and the TTRS clutch that replaced it had to go by about 95K. I'm pretty sure the Rs are the same way.

I have the Alltrack with DSG now and I'm a convert to DSG transmissions now, they're amazing.

So the past like year or so whenever I get within around 1500 miles of needing an oil change my car starts showing problems. The muffler will get loud especially when revving through turns, it’ll stall, sometimes it dies when I come to a stop but then I can turn it on again right away.
All these issues go away after an oil change but come right back when my oil is low

Happened again about a month ago except this time the check engine light came on as well and I ran the code and came to the conclusion it was a solenoid. Changed that and got an oil change and everything was good but the problems came back today

For reference my oil change is due at 119,300 and my mileage is at 117,700 and the oil is pretty much dry so something must be burning it

Wonder what it could be 🤔
bruh u just let it get low?
yeah something wrong if ur car burning that much oil

got a 2008 e92 M3. Pic isn't mine but looks same. obsessed with the sound of the engine.

Used-2010-BMW-M3-1589436775.jpg

I had a tuned MK6 GTI, the VW manual transmission sucks. They don't use anything different for the clutch on the GTI that they don't use for the base model Golf or Jetta. I blew my first clutch by about 24K miles and the TTRS clutch that replaced it had to go by about 95K. I'm pretty sure the Rs are the same way.

I have the Alltrack with DSG now and I'm a convert to DSG transmissions now, they're amazing.

You ever tow with it? I know people do but I’m about to throw a hitch on mine just to tow a couple motorcycle with an aluminum trailer.

My buddy who works for Audi is terrified of the idea but I think he’s thinking of first gen DSG. Not the new ones which are strong as hell.

You ever tow with it? I know people do but I’m about to throw a hitch on mine just to tow a couple motorcycle with an aluminum trailer.

My buddy who works for Audi is terrified of the idea but I think he’s thinking of first gen DSG. Not the new ones which are strong as hell.
Real AMERICANS TOW WITH EVERYTHING THAT THEY HAVE

Currently have a 2018 plug-in Prius Prime and planning on making the switch to full EV. I definitely don't want a Telsa but want similar range for my daily. Don't want to look like everyone else on the road. Thinking about the 2023 BMW eDrive40. Can hardly tell its gas or EV and has 301 miles. Anyone has experience with one?

I haven’t myself, but people on vwvortex have done it. I haven’t had the need to tow anything so I haven’t installed a hitch. I was just gonna get a box for the roof for camping and road-trips.

I haven’t myself, but people on vwvortex have done it. I haven’t had the need to tow anything so I haven’t installed a hitch. I was just gonna get a box for the roof for camping and road-trips.

Gonna get that stealth hitch I think so you can’t see it when it’s not in use.

Gonna get that stealth hitch I think so you can’t see it when it’s not in use.
I've seen a couple tutorials on installing it. It takes maybe an afternoon. I'd go that route if I needed to haul more bikes, but so far it's just me and my daughter and only once in a while. I can just pop off the front wheels and stick it in the back with the seats down.

There is absolutely no reason for there to be 1 gas powered sedan on this list. People don't need all these SUV's and Trucks.

SUV’S/TRUCKS >>>> SEDANS.

MOST PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES THESE DAYS SO A SUV/TRUCK IS NEEDED TO CARRY PEOPLE AND ITEMS.

KIDS ARE GROWING AT A RAPID RATE SO BEING CRAMPED IN A SEDAN IS NOT WHATS UP. THESE NEW TEENAGERS ARE BIGGER THAN ME AND IM A GROWN A** MAN😂😂😂😂. IM 36, 6’7, 283LBS AND THERE ARE 14-17YR OLDS SOMEWHERE BIGGER THAN ME! SO THESE PARENTS NEED BIGGER VEHICLES.

WHEN I SEE CATS WITH SMALLER SEDANS AND COUPES ESPECIALLY, I AUTOMATICALLY THINK: HE/SHE IS SINGLE, A COUPLE WITH NO KIDS, A COUPLE WITH GROWN KIDS.

My wife went to put our son on our insurance since he is turning 16 at the end of the month and we gave him his car for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised what she told me. Now don’t get me wrong the rate is still through the roof to add him but they said if he doesn’t have a 3.0gpa the rates will triple. I think it is great to incentivize getting good grades.

Also I bought the civic for 28k OTD and shortly after I had buyers remorse so I reached out to my local Kia dealership inquiring about a EV6. Well just last week the Kia dealership called me back and said they have one coming in at the end of the month and if I wanna put my name on it. I now have 100mi on the civic and was told by the local honda dealer they would give me 30k for it, the problem is the more I read up on the ev6 the more it scares me.

If I have read right then the EV6 can’t use the same charging station as Tesla so I am worried where my son will be able to charge when he’s away this summer at tournaments. Any advice ?

Curious to why do you need Tesla charging? Are you in a location with no other options?

SUV’S/TRUCKS >>>> SEDANS.

MOST PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES THESE DAYS SO A SUV/TRUCK IS NEEDED TO CARRY PEOPLE AND ITEMS.

KIDS ARE GROWING AT A RAPID RATE SO BEING CRAMPED IN A SEDAN IS NOT WHATS UP. THESE NEW TEENAGERS ARE BIGGER THAN ME AND IM A GROWN A** MAN😂😂😂😂. IM 36, 6’7, 283LBS AND THERE ARE 14-17YR OLDS SOMEWHERE BIGGER THAN ME! SO THESE PARENTS NEED BIGGER VEHICLES.

WHEN I SEE CATS WITH SMALLER SEDANS AND COUPES ESPECIALLY, I AUTOMATICALLY THINK: HE/SHE IS SINGLE, A COUPLE WITH NO KIDS, A COUPLE WITH GROWN KIDS.

SUV's yes, trucks unless you in construction, in a damn farm or something where you actually need a FLAT BED and not just a big trunk then you dont need no damn truck. And please dont try to justify it with one off uses like that one time you needed to move a fridge from point a to b. :lol:

Trucks are nice for dirty stuff.

Example my city doesn’t collect leaves so I have to take them to the leaf dump. It was was easier with a truck.

Back
Top Bottom