\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Someone is selling me their 2020 ST Explorer for $26k but joint has like 80k miles.

Plus I heard they aren't reliable.

I also dig the Cherokee L Overland saw a couple for 50K .... but i haven't seen many reviews in regards to reliability.

Stay away from any of the new gen Explorers! Freaking awful! They botched that vehicle so badly when they redesigned it. The prior gen Explorer Sport was such a better vehicle.

Me personally if I was in the market for a 3 row

2024-mazda-cx-90-turbo-inline-6-suv.jpg

0suy1jgb7cvb_800.jpg

Stay away from any of the new gen Explorers! Freaking awful! They botched that vehicle so badly when they redesigned it. The prior gen Explorer Sport was such a better vehicle.
Care to elaborate?

Me personally if I was in the market for a 3 row

2024-mazda-cx-90-turbo-inline-6-suv.jpg

0suy1jgb7cvb_800.jpg
Surprisingly I read Mazda have been one of the most reliable vehicles for a few years now.

Toyota
Lexus
BMW
Mazda
Honda

In that order.

Care to elaborate?

Surprisingly I read Mazda have been one of the most reliable vehicles for a few years now.

Toyota
Lexus
BMW
Mazda
Honda

In that order.
They were number 1 a year or two ago.Basically Lexus but Toyota pricing and they make better interiors than both. They just debuted a new inline 6 engine.

mazda-cx-90-19.jpg

2023_Lexus_RX_350_22.jpg

Decided to pivot away from the i4 given my wife’s commute changed drastically. Picked this up instead since my round trip to work is typically 4-5 miles.

Attachments

• A867802F-84B5-411D-B095-091964B582C5.jpeg
    A867802F-84B5-411D-B095-091964B582C5.jpeg
    549.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 3E6783CE-FD2A-419B-97F7-767C3FC85BFF.jpeg
    3E6783CE-FD2A-419B-97F7-767C3FC85BFF.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 290
Care to elaborate?

Toyota
Lexus
BMW
Mazda
Honda

In that order.

It's either a 2.3l 4-cylinder Ecoboost, which was horrible for that large of a vehicle, or if you wanted the V6, you had to get the ST or the Platinum and that was the Ecoboost 3.0. They dropped the 3.5 N/A V6 (which was a good engine all things considered). Plus we had suspension issues, SERIOUS infotainment issues, and other mechanical issues with ones that I had seen at the dealership. Plus the overall design was just not good. Not cohesive at all. I'd much rather take a 2017-2018-2019 prior Gen Explorer Sport. That was always a good vehicle. Sold a bunch of them CPO and never had issues.

why has no one mentioned the toyota seqouia
I like the new ones, but for almost 90k I rather jump on an escalade. Neither will happened at the moment though.

However, them Toyotas are tank and last forever. Just a little to uncomfortable inside (space wise) for my taste and price point.

I have looked into Tahoe (2020/1), Wagoneer, Cherokee L Overland and Explorer ST 05fordgt 05fordgt brought some points that making me pass on it though .. plus I hate the portrait screen .. such a waste.

I recently looked into the SQ7 per you guys and it looks sharp ... just not sure about the comfort and is up there in $$ too.

why has no one mentioned the toyota seqouia
I love the look of them but as mentioned when did they become a luxury SUV? I have seen them on lots for anywhere between 78-90k before ADM…… that’s crazy man.

I haven’t seen a trim level from Toyota that should be in this price point . Honest man which is the better buy ( in your opinion “ sequoia or Grand Cherokee L with a Hemi?

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain
Everyone know Mclarens are prone to have electrical issues but with that said if all the paperwork checked out would you pull the trigger on a low mileage 12c for far under 100k?

The hybrid battery and cost. Battery kills third row and cargo space. Plus some of the materials used are questionable like the weird digicamo print on the fenders annd interior of the Pro. Cool if your market is teenagers I guess but
on a $80k SUV WTF are you thinking?

Too much plastic, looks cheap. Same with newer generation Tahoes/Yukons.

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain
Everyone know Mclarens are prone to have electrical issues but with that said if all the paperwork checked out would you pull the trigger on a low mileage 12c for far under 100k?

I can answer this easily as a good friend has a 12C. Short answer....NO! Early cars had LOTS of issues. Now, once you find a 12C that has had most of the issues corrected, and all the updates, they are REALLY fast, but it's not just the issues. It's the cost of maintenance. My friend's car, even in the state it is (which is REALLY CLEAN). He drives it to Cars & Coffee things. No tracking. Just cruising around. Service of it was still 5-figures! 🤯

And the thing with them, most independent shops that do other exotics don't have access to the McLaren software and stuff to do diagnostics. Once that happens (it will, it will just take time). The car is amazing for the money, has the doors, but the cost to play is so astronomical. For similar money, I'd honestly look into a pre-LP Gallardo 2004-2008 V10 that's bespoke to Lamborghini and that sound!! Yeah it's older, but they won't be going down now, price wise, only up. 👍

You don’t want to be anywhere near that 12c. Modern mclarens have been much more reliable. Last I checked you could find a decent 570 in the 140s. That will be money better spent.

Back
Top Bottom