\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Man doing a Honda build the right way can be extremely expensive but worth it :lol: Almost ready for a first start then making sure it gets from A to B before awd this summer.
awd turbo eg is crazy :lol:

That that exaggerated flex. Like these rappers with the jewelry.
that reminds me of a video i just seen skip to 3 minutes (dont ask why im watching soulja boy) :lol:

awd turbo eg is crazy :lol:

that reminds me of a video i just seen skip to 3 minutes (dont ask why im watching soulja boy) :lol:

All my friends been telling me lol But i said it from the getgo that if i was getting into this, I was doing it right the first time. Leaving fwd in the past and not looking back.

Technically a convertible but clever. Forgot about this. And it was poop and no one liked it lol.

I was just messing with you. Agreed it was a horrible car. I think Ive seen exactly 1 in the flesh and it was at the grove in la. Chick driving it looked exactly like you would expect would be driving that car. Could smell the pumpkin spice latte from a block away.

Can't forget this gem

1.jpg

I almost bought a new car my secondary backup car had car problems again. Ended up just getting a car wash membership instead. Gonna ride this 2012 Chevy Cruz into the ground.

Just need to figure out the most convenient means of getting it repaired. Labor costs so damn much here in So Cal so at minimum it’s like $500 anytime i take it in.

I got a guy but he makes me buy all the parts and etc for him to fix it. It’s too time consuming and complex for me lol.

I hope it's fine to post this in this thread

but, I'm looking for a new-ish suv OR truck that can tackle the tasks of:

-Reliability (most importantly) and comfort (since I will be making this my daily commuter)

-Towing capability (potentially moving across the country at the end of the year and need it for that trip to haul my other car and stuff and also when I take the car to the shop/track)

-Looking to do some overlanding, nothing too crazy just enough to handle some trails and possibly a nice lift and wheels down the road

-Decent amount of space for storage and hauling car parts from time to time or to camp with

Under $15k price range, I know I won't come across anything perfect or new but I'm hoping I can find something with not too much work needed, low mileage and with service records/history.
I have narrowed it down to a couple of choices from top to bottom of what has caught my eye and will do further research on as I narrow it down but also thought I'd see ask for some more guidance on any other potential options before shooting the bullet.
  1. Lexus GX470 (2007 preferred from what I've read, unless years really don't matter)
  2. 4th Gen V8 Toyota 4Runner
  3. 1st Gen Toyota Sequoia 4WD
  4. Toyota Land Cruisers or Lexus LXs?
  5. Open to other suv suggestions
  6. Open to truck suggestions (saved for last as I like the room of an suv, but by all means change my mind, I may be missing out on some good options that I don't know about)

I wanted to buy a Century from this spot in VA. Mint condition. Low miles. Blue on blue.

Then I got an insurance quote to daily it... I won't be getting a century... Anytime soon anyway. It'll have to be a weekend cruiser and for that there's so many options I'd rather go with.

Oh and sry homie /\ you'll find nothing from Lexus/Toyota with low miles under 15k. Even if you double your budget you'll be making concessions

Last edited:
Awesome! What takeaways did you have after the day?
It was a lot of fun. Track days are way more chill than I thought they'd go, and it's so cool to spend the day just hanging out at the track.
I thought I'd be more rushed or stressed in-between sessions, but you're really just chatting with the other guys, watching the cars on the track, or snacking, haha. It'd be different if something broke, and I'd have to fix it, but I know now there's plenty of time to at least change brake pads if needed.

20-minute sessions sounded like it was short, but it's a good amount. It's definitely enough driving when you're pushing it the whole time. We had 30-minute sessions in the afternoon, and I think I may have even come in before the checkered flag would get waved. I think I went out for 6 sessions.

The GTS was beautiful on track. I would increasingly push throughout the day, and she kept going. My limits are definitely much lower than the car's. It kept giving me confidence to push more, and still have an intact car to drive home afterwards.

It was a lot of fun. Track days are way more chill than I thought they'd go, and it's so cool to spend the day just hanging out at the track.
I thought I'd be more rushed or stressed in-between sessions, but you're really just chatting with the other guys, watching the cars on the track, or snacking, haha. It'd be different if something broke, and I'd have to fix it, but I know now there's plenty of time to at least change brake pads if needed.

20-minute sessions sounded like it was short, but it's a good amount. It's definitely enough driving when you're pushing it the whole time. We had 30-minute sessions in the afternoon, and I think I may have even come in before the checkered flag would get waved. I think I went out for 6 sessions.

The GTS was beautiful on track. I would increasingly push throughout the day, and she kept going. My limits are definitely much lower than the car's. It kept giving me confidence to push more, and still have an intact car to drive home afterwards.

Awesome mahn. Yeah going to the track really puts things in perspective. And indeed most people are chill!!

Looks like you have carbon ceramics. They make a huge difference on the GT-S. Nice!!

You’re gonna be broke with a track prepped car soon. :pimp:
It’s definitely my most expensive hobby, but I always reason that it’s way cheaper and less of a hassle than a speeding ticket.
Awesome mahn. Yeah going to the track really puts things in perspective. And indeed most people are chill!!

Looks like you have carbon ceramics. They make a huge difference on the GT-S. Nice!!
Agreed. Everyone was super cool.
I don’t have CCBs, but they held up super well. I had new pads coming in.
I never took a car to the track but I met hella real friends at motorcycle track days. I’d imagine it’s the same.
Cars and speed addiction is good common ground to make new friends.

Back
Top Bottom