\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If you asked this on Reddit the answer is CX-5 everytime to the point where its a running joke. :lol:

And tbh for $30k, that probably be the one id get for sure.
I just drove a CX-5 from Houston to New Braunfels(and San Marcos) and back, about 400 miles. Not bad. It fit 5 adults, 2 6' men, 3 women no problem. Ride was pretty smooth and quite. A couple of time on I-10, I looked down and was doing 100 and didnt realize it. The lane departure thing was kind of evasive but Im sure you can turn it off.

The CX-5 beats the Traverse any day of the week.

Is there a cult following for the Toyota Sequoia or something? Why would someone pay 60k for a 2019??

$60K seems steep. Like bigslim773 bigslim773 said, most Toyota's hold their value well because their legendary reliability. Especially with these last few years of Toyotas which are the last few NA engine cars. All the Toyotas moving forward; Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma all have a turbo and/or hybrid Powertrain which most people don't want so you're starting to see people scoop up the older stuff.

92k for a new integra 🤣🤣
IMG_7068.png
IMG_7067.png

What the heck makes up $8k worth of “accessories “ and then another $4780 for the “protection” & car alarm?! :rofl: 🤡

Reminds me of when I worked at a Honda dealership & they did something similar with the Civic Type R. Someone bought it after a few weeks on the showroom floor. I wanna say the markup was less than 10k…

I can (barely) understand paying extra for a fairly rare sports car, but you’re also talking for something 200k and above.

I’ll just keep buying off Facebook if you pull that bs. :lol:

I sell hella bikes on there because people don’t want to deal with dealers.

Yea. A lot of dealerships will just wait for the sucker to come in. Its a lot of older people who havent bought a car in 10-15 years. They don't know how much NOTHING costs.

SEEMS LIKE THAT SHOULD’VE BEEN CHECKED FROM THE JUMP.

ANY TEMP ISSUES IS USUALLY, RADIATOR, TSTAT, OR WATER PUMP.
Would've saved me a great deal of headache if they did start with the water pump, lol. My boy felt like it was the tstat at first(he went through 3 of them) & he was ready to get into the block checking on the head gasket & all.

He said instead he said just swap the water pump before doing all that. They had it plugged up to the compression tester 2 days 2 nights & not 1 drop of coolant or leak anywhere or around or bottom of the water pump.

No visible leaks on the water pump made him believe it couldn't be that at first...deceiving when you can't see it y'know. He said the return hose was sputtering coolant but not flowing like a steady stream as it should normally. New water pump went on & the return hose was back to flowing perfect & smoothly.

Bizarre knowing a water pump failed on a car with less than 5,000 miles. My boy said he sees it a lot at the shop cars rolling in with water pump/temp issues...God bless Dodge engineering. I'm just glad she's back to 100%.

i know little about cars but want an everyday and for a while I've wanted the highlander between '17-'19 . how is $34k for 35.5k miles? if anything can i have tips on negotiating and issues to check for when inspecting it?

Zo, just popped in the thread after a long time. Sorry to hear the probs you had but glad Jim got it all figured out. Ive been using Jim and AJ since they were at Westbury back in the day. They are great. Dunno what happened here.

But yea really doesnt matter the mileage. Your Chally sits all the time and thats not good either. Things need to get used to keep the systems primed. Use it a little more! Lol

Last edited:
Zo, just popped in the thread after a long time. Sorry to hear the probs you had but glad Jim got it all figured out. Ive been using Jim and AJ since they were at Westbury back in the day. They are great. Dunno what happened here.

But yea really doesnt matter the mileage. Your Chally sits all the time and thats not good either. Things need to get used to keep the systems primed. Use it a little more! Lol
Yeah Jim did his thing. Agreed they're good people. This seems to be unrelated to the stuff I got done on my car through their shop but rather a mechanical issue. Jim said the water pumps are bad on them all the way up to the '18 model year.

The cam & headers work I got done doesn't cover the water pump issue as it's a factory part that went bad so it was a $700 bill. But Jim being the chill guy he is dropped the labor & only charged me for the cost of the part which was $300 so all is well that ends well.

And lol, yes, I will be driving it more. Took it out last night for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom