\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

100% agree! Especially for how much they are now going for, for a decent example (forget pristine, those are beyond ridiculous). I get the whole "driving experience" tagline (trust me I do), but there are cars out there that will give a rather similar experience for about the same dollar value (or less depending on which MY NSX one wants) and are much newer.

I mean, at the end of the day, would you really pay close to $200,000 for a early 2000s NSX with mileage around 20K? There are a WHOLE LOT of cars one can buy for that price. Even NA1s from the early 90s are in the upper $70k for high mileage and over $100k for decent miles. I love the look, but wouldn't pay that for one. There are other cars out there for that kind of money. 👍

Mostly everything now that you could call a "collectible" has reached an absurd value. Just look at these cars. They're not even the super limited edition runs. I think you could argue that for the price of all these same cars, you could find better performing cars for an even cheaper price.

Integra Type-R for $112k
Bring A Trailer
Mazda RX-7 for $137k
Bring A Trailer
Nissan 300ZX for $95k
Bring A Trailer
Supra TT Targa 6-speed for $126k
Bring A Trailer
Buick Grand National for $94k
Bring A Trailer

Similar to many of the muscle cars of the 60s. These cars like the NSX have begun to move into the "classic" category now and many people are scooping them up as a form of nostalgia. The 90s will be remembered as legendary when JDMs could take on the best of the world, including the big guns from Italy, Germany, and Britain. As manuals go away and we move further into eletrification, you're only going to see the prices creep up more.

Last edited:
ANYONE TAKING THEM ON A TRACK IS A FOOL. BRAPTOR ISN’T A TRACK CAR LOL. IT’S PERFECTLY FINE FOR TRAILS AND STREET.

TO BE QUITE FRANK, MOST GUYS ARE DUMMIES WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING QUALITY HUB CENTRIC ADAPTERS/SPACERS AND INSTALLING THEM PROPERLY.
Why not buy wheels meant for your application?

Hang on…

WHY NOT BUY WHEELS MEANT FOR YOUR APPLICATION? DID YOU WANT SOMETHING THE OTHER GUYS DONT HAVE?
I KNOW THE OPTIONS FOR THE F150 RAPTOR ARE NOT THAT GREAT BUT ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT WOULD PUSH ME INTO ADAPTORS.

Why not buy wheels meant for your application?

Hang on…

WHY NOT BUY WHEELS MEANT FOR YOUR APPLICATION? DID YOU WANT SOMETHING THE OTHER GUYS DONT HAVE?
I KNOW THE OPTIONS FOR THE F150 RAPTOR ARE NOT THAT GREAT BUT ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT WOULD PUSH ME INTO ADAPTORS.
SURE.

Just wanted to share this pic, I love that the fenders and hood are one piece on this thing. I like the white, but I kind of want to wrap it era green or chalk.

IMG_5194.jpeg

AHH GOT IT NOW. YOU DIDNT KNOW THE BRONCO RAPTOR HAD A DIFFERENT BOLT PATTERN THAN THE OTHER BRONCOS. DOH!

SO MUCH FOR THE “DUMMIES” WHO CANT INSTALL QUALITY SPACERS PROPERLY. PROBABLY THE SAME GUYS THAT BUY THE WRONG BOLT PATTERN.

GOOD LUCK.

that Pilot looks like an Acadia x Subaru Forester.

So many new SUV’s are so damn bland & stale looking. Not much out there to truly get excited about, unless it’s 100k.

I have never driven the NSX or any of these new school retro cars, but damn, seeing that Senna NSX is a thing of beauty.

Just wanted to share this pic, I love that the fenders and hood are one piece on this thing. I like the white, but I kind of want to wrap it era green or chalk.

IMG_5194.jpeg

I vote for green if you are going to wrap it. Chalk is played out. Even the local Porsche dealer, the several employees I've talked to, say the same thing. They hate Chalk now.

Mostly everything now that you could call a "collectible" has reached an absurd value. Just look at these cars. They're not even the super limited edition runs. I think you could argue that for the price of all these same cars, you could find better performing cars for an even cheaper price.

Integra Type-R for $112k
Bring A Trailer
Mazda RX-7 for $137k
Bring A Trailer
Nissan 300ZX for $95k
Bring A Trailer
Supra TT Targa 6-speed for $126k
Bring A Trailer
Buick Grand National for $94k
Bring A Trailer

Similar to many of the muscle cars of the 60s. These cars like the NSX have begun to move into the "classic" category now and many people are scooping them up as a form of nostalgia. The 90s will be remembered as legendary when JDMs could take on the best of the world, including the big guns from Italy, Germany, and Britain. As manuals go away and we move further into eletrification, you're only going to see the prices creep up more.

Come on buddy, each example you posted with the exception of the Supra has 4-digit miles (and the Supra has around 15k I believe). Not everything has reached a "absured value". You can easily get a Z32 ZX for way less than the $94k (I found a '91 with 26k that did in the $30s. You used the high watermark for your examples.

The NSX is constantly in the upper 5-figure range for an early NA1 with low mileage and they can get cheaper but mileages will be close to 100k OR they will be an automatic. NA2 cars have been over $100k for some time with most examples being in the mid $100k range all based on condition and such.

It seems that only the NSX is like this. Your not gonna find one for $30k like you can with a Z that's for sure. 👍 I know it's a hallowed car for some, but not for everyone. Even Honda dealers knew it needed more power, so they offered dealer installed Comptech superchargers. Like I mentioned, for what these are worth, even for a first year car, there are A LOT of other choices to look into. I would get something else over one of these. But that's just me. 👍

Nsx is so flames to me I catch my self taking a nsx over a lot of cars :lol:
the only similar car you could get today new is maybe a cayman

:pimp:
2.png

Cayman isn't even remotely close to the same experience as the OG NSX (I know people that have driven both plenty of times). Biggest thing, the steering on the Porsche isn't what it once was (it's now electric since the 718 came out). If I'm picking something modern and recently offered, it would be the Lotus Evora GT. That has been called the "modern version of the NSX" by many auto journalists many times. Hydraulic steering, amazing chassis, weight just over 3k (3,071) & a bulletproof Japanese powertrain. It's pretty damn amazing.

Come on buddy, each example you posted with the exception of the Supra has 4-digit miles (and the Supra has around 15k I believe). Not everything has reached a "absured value". You can easily get a Z32 ZX for way less than the $94k (I found a '91 with 26k that did in the $30s. You used the high watermark for your examples.

The NSX is constantly in the upper 5-figure range for an early NA1 with low mileage and they can get cheaper but mileages will be close to 100k OR they will be an automatic. NA2 cars have been over $100k for some time with most examples being in the mid $100k range all based on condition and such.

It seems that only the NSX is like this. Your not gonna find one for $30k like you can with a Z that's for sure. 👍 I know it's a hallowed car for some, but not for everyone. Even Honda dealers knew it needed more power, so they offered dealer installed Comptech superchargers. Like I mentioned, for what these are worth, even for a first year car, there are A LOT of other choices to look into. I would get something else over one of these. But that's just me. 👍

I agree with you to a certain extent. When the NSX came out initially, it was up there with the best. As a quick example, Ferrari 348 0-60 was 5.6secs and the Ferrari Testarossa was 5.2secs. NSX was 5.9secs so fairly close. Where Acura messed up is they should have continued to refine the powertrain over its 15 year run as times continued to change because you had competitors up their game while the NSX remained mostly unchanged over its 15 year span.

I also show those prices to show how crazy the market is. I always take into consideration the original MSRP. If you compare those prices to their MSRP, the appreciation is right in line with how the NSX was originally retailed.
  1. Integra +360%
  2. RX-7 +294%
  3. Nissan ZX +171%
  4. Supra +168%
  5. Buick +413%
  6. NSX NA2 at $150k -> +70% (2000 Acura NSX MSRP was $88k)

Just to close out, its not a fair statement to say that you could spend better money elsewhere for something that is newer and more likely to perform better. For the same price of a what people are paying for Gen 1 Ford GTs, I wouldn't even think twice. I could go out and buy a new Porsche GT3 or even a Porsche GT3RS (MSRP of course) with money left over and destroy the Ford GT on track. But this isn't why people buy these cars. The Ford GT was a representation of human engineering and resourcing that showcased Ford at its best at the time. And this is what the NSX is.

Last edited:
I’ve never driven a nsx so I can’t say it’s overrated per say but judging by the reviews, specs and track times I can definitely say it’s overpriced just like 99 percent of the other 90s jdm “legends”

That being said id rather buy a c5 z06 for 20k and be faster in a straight line and at any track/autocross

Plus I think it looks and sounds better 🤷🏽‍♂️

I mean if we talking prices there’s a nsx on bat going for 45-50k rn

I agree with you to a certain extent. When the NSX came out initially, it was up there with the best. As a quick example, Ferrari 348 0-60 was 5.6secs and the Ferrari Testarossa was 5.2secs. NSX was 5.9secs so fairly close. Where Acura messed up is they should have continued to refine the powertrain over its 15 year run as times continued to change because you had competitors up their game while the NSX remained mostly unchanged over its 15 year run.

I also show those prices to show how crazy the market is. I always take into consideration the original MSRP. If you compare those prices to their MSRP, the appreciation is right in line with how the NSX was originally retailed.
  1. Integra +360%
  2. RX-7 +294%
  3. Nissan ZX +171%
  4. Supra +168%
  5. Buick +413%
  6. NSX NA2 at $150k -> +70% (2000 Acura NSX MSRP was $88k)

Just to close out, its not a fair statement to say that you could spend better money elsewhere for something that is newer and more likely to perform better. For the same price of a what people are paying for Gen 1 Ford GTs, I wouldn't even think twice. I could go out and buy a new Porsche GT3 or even a Porsche GT3RS (MSRP of course) with money left over and destroy the Ford GT on track. But this isn't why people buy these cars. The Ford GT was a representation of human engineering and resourcing that showcased Ford at its best at the time. And this is what the NSX is.

Now you're talking my language with the GT. It's my #1 ultimate dream car. It's a car I've driven plenty of times, and I know these like the back of my hand (kinda helps when my dealer I worked at had one for 5 years in the showroom and being the car nut, I learned EVERYTHING I COULD). There is NOTHING I would buy instead of this. Not a Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche. NOTHING!! The whole GT was the first Ford Halo Car. Something the guys at SVT (and Camilo Pardo the designer) got together to make and prepare to show Bill Ford for the 100th anniversary of the company.

Thankfully, he was down with it. And as someone who is a GT40 junkie (a good family friend had P103, the oldest GT left in the world and I got to be around it) this car means A LOT to me. This car is about emotion #1. Yeah, one could buy a GT3 Porsche but pull into a Cars & Coffee in each and see what gets people flocking to it. It's the FGT. You just don't see them.

And yes, your spot on that Honda should have kept upgrading the powertrain of the NSX. To let it languish with HP under 300 is downright criminal. You'll never see Ferrari do that. And they won't because Honda put them on notice when the NSX came out. A complete revelation. But as good as they say it is, I still wouldn't buy one. Gotta find the right person to fix these as OG NSX techs aren't around like they once were at dealers. Gotta find the right indy tech. 👍

I mean if we talking prices there’s a nsx on bat going for 45-50k rn

As someone who watches BaT A LOT, I can guarantee you that car will NOT be at that price at the end. It has 36k on it and looks very clean and had a NA2 6-speed swap done which adds value according to the commenters. I can see this doing around $85k-$100k but all depends on the reserve. 👍

Thankfully, he was down with it. And as someone who is a GT40 junkie (a good family friend had P103, the oldest GT left in the world and I got to be around it) this car means A LOT to me. This car is about emotion #1. Yeah, one could buy a GT3 Porsche but pull into a Cars & Coffee in each and see what gets people flocking to it. It's the FGT. You just don't see them.

This right here just proved my point. If you're talking about better performing cars for the price and ONLY looking at that, why throw your money away on a Ford GT when you can get Porsche GT3RS. Better performance, new tech, and cheaper than what Ford GTs have been selling at.

These cars are no longer commodity items but are now items in history that evoke emotion. The NSX may not be your cup of tea for the price (which is fine), similar to how I rather go for a Porsche GT3RS over Ford GT, but for someone else, the NSX may have that similar spark of emotion that someone will chase now that they have the $$$ to obtain it.

At the end of the day, once you're paying more than what the car originally retailed for, it becomes an emotional buy over anything. Just depends on crazy someone is to get it.

Back
Top Bottom