\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

We won’t know what we had till it’s gone. An EV maybe faster but a soulless appliance. Laptops on wheels. . To think BMW also put a V-10 in a sedan!

You are so right. I like some of the EV cars styling but the "laptop on wheels" is so true. And hearing from my other friend who is BIG into BMW and also is a mechanic, he said the V10 issues are really overblown. I love following that M6 above. Sounds so good (and I gotta listen as my own car is silly loud as you can hear me get on it when I left). 👍

Was looking at the R8 GTs... dealerships around me asking 300k+ :sick: :lol:

r8.JPG

Was looking at the R8 GTs... dealerships around me asking 300k+ :sick: :lol:

r8.JPG

They're nuts!! You're better off buying a barely used Huracan Evo for the same price if not less. Lamborghini Philly on the Main Line (about 25 minutes from me) their sister store in Newport Beach had a 2021 Evo in Blue Elios. 1,800 miles for $295k. Yeah, I'm not going near that Audi. Heck, they got in a Technica that someone didn't pick up. Blue with green accent interior. Awesome looking. Think it was a out this price. That Audi dealer is NUTS!

This guy arranged a plan to meet me and look at the car. We spoke on and off for a few hours and then he hit me with this.

IMG_5617.jpeg

That guy is a piece of work to string you along. Reminds me of this all-timer. When my wife was looking for a manual transmission sports car, she wanted to sell her 1969 modified Camaro last year. Was an original V8 Norwood car, but the person she bought it from (in 2010) had recently died, and his widow had to sell it. He did all kinds of mods to it. Put in a 406 stroker, Centerline solid wheels, 12 bolt rear, removed the vinyl roof and had the original color resprayed (Azure Turquoise, a rare and beautiful color). Car was a real looker

She listed it on Hagerty as it's free to do. She had this bozo from Florida email. At first, sounded legit. Then when he called he wanted to draw up a lease contract that he could least it for 4 months. And after that, if he & his wife liked it, he would buy it, if not he's bring it back. 😳😳😳 WTF?!!! What is wrong with people?!! I mean, dude was DEAD serious like it was a normal request! Needless to say, that was a hard no!!

It all eventually worked out in the end, in regards to her moving the car. The Lotus she did get, which popped up at a place called Cosmo Motors in NC back in March '22, which then got sold, but low and behold, the buyer put it on consignment at the place she bought it from (which was a place she did business with a few years earlier for her SVR). This was a sign. Messaged the person she dealt with, saying she wanted the purple Lotus but needs to get rid of her Camaro. Guy called back, after taking to someone, after seeing the pics, took it on trade!! 👏👏 Tax savings galore with Pennsylvania, and goodbye classic car! 🙏

If you guys thing selling a modern car is a PITA, try selling a classic/antique. PITA x 10!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
The Group S__t Tesla Owners Say on FB is absolutely hilarious. All real posts, no memes. It’s absolutely hilarious the things posted.

12 hour family road trip last weekend.. LX 600 performed flawlessly…had to drop one rear seat down to fit all the luggage. Even on 24s with 6 people, luggage and being a BOF it drives great. When I behaved amazingly 23-24 mpg but going faster means 18-19 mpg. Much better than the 13-15 my LX 570 used to get. Likely will do one more street wheel then turn this into an overlander rig.
IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1018.jpeg
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1148.jpeg
IMG_1218.jpeg
IMG_1229.jpeg
IMG_1232.jpeg

Did you check the actual listing in regards to this insanity? First off, it's a Canadian car under 25 years of age, so legally it CAN'T come here UNLESS any prospective buyer contacts Honda corporate, and has to ask them for a document that states a Canadian market car will confirm with the US FMVSS for DOT & EPA. Without that, your **** out of luck. And the problem is, good luck getting it in the time frame of the auction.

2nd issue...all the extra fees! BaT is 5% up to $100k then it's a flat $5k.....BUT the seller said one has to pay Canadian GST of 5% (may get it back if an American buyer sends proof they are not a Canadian citizen) then the duty fee of 2.5%, then a MPF (Merchandise Processing Fee) of .03464%, then their state tax when they register it here (Pennsylvania is 6% of the sale price). So right there, you're looking at 18.5% tax on the actual sale price. And this doesn't even include the bond you need to ship it out of the country AND insurance to ship it. So it is gonna be easily another $20k and probably closer to $25k when all is said and done! 🤯🤯

So a $120k-$125k Honda S2000?

NO!!

Im not that big of a purest myself to care. There’s lots of cars here I would rather restore for half the price for the whole project.

I’d small block a fc or something and do a nice build on it and make a reliable fun/track car.

They're nuts!! You're better off buying a barely used Huracan Evo for the same price if not less. Lamborghini Philly on the Main Line (about 25 minutes from me) their sister store in Newport Beach had a 2021 Evo in Blue Elios. 1,800 miles for $295k. Yeah, I'm not going near that Audi. Heck, they got in a Technica that someone didn't pick up. Blue with green accent interior. Awesome looking. Think it was a out this price. That Audi dealer is NUTS!

R8 is daily driveable (idk about the GT but in general). Probably why some choose it over the Hurri.

Did you check the actual listing in regards to this insanity? First off, it's a Canadian car under 25 years of age, so legally it CAN'T come here UNLESS any prospective buyer contacts Honda corporate, and has to ask them for a document that states a Canadian market car will confirm with the US FMVSS for DOT & EPA. Without that, your **** out of luck. And the problem is, good luck getting it in the time frame of the auction.

2nd issue...all the extra fees! BaT is 5% up to $100k then it's a flat $5k.....BUT the seller said one has to pay Canadian GST of 5% (may get it back if an American buyer sends proof they are not a Canadian citizen) then the duty fee of 2.5%, then a MPF (Merchandise Processing Fee) of .03464%, then their state tax when they register it here (Pennsylvania is 6% of the sale price). So right there, you're looking at 18.5% tax on the actual sale price. And this doesn't even include the bond you need to ship it out of the country AND insurance to ship it. So it is gonna be easily another $20k and probably closer to $25k when all is said and done! 🤯🤯

NO!!

NO!!
big $$$

i know of a guy who brought an imola orange over from canada…i dont have instagram but i remember reading on the forums about him bringing it over and it being a pain in the ***

the same guy (andrewhake) also has a beautiful silver s2000 with really tasteful mods…i dont have instagram, so i cant really browse…but i think i had read up about it on s2ki

Back
Top Bottom