\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

There's no chance I'd shell out $170k, let alone $230k for that. I'd prefer to purchase a 4x4 Benz Sprinter and customize it. Clearly, these vehicles aren't designed for the average person, and even if it were within my means, it's a definite "no".

Guy that ordered this is a friend of the Owner, he thought he was paying MSRP.
170k STICKER.
Owner told him he could have it for 220k- 50k mark up.
He passed.
270k is what it takes to drive it home.
Somebody will pay this. They capped our commission at $1000 on Vettes back before COVID:
At 270 sale comission should be 20k
I won’t be selling this that’s for sure, somebody else can do that work.
IMG_7584.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7581.jpeg

I figured the dealership did that to you guys. Wrong on EVERY POSSIBLE level!! 🤬 Back when I sold, the dealer let us have it all. But we didn't sell things over list. I sold all the Shelby Mustangs for years 2007 to when I left in 2020, due to all my connections, and they were all MSRP but it was a good sale with about $2,500 to $3,000 in margins. When we got bought out by the large group (we were a single point mom & pop store) that all went out the window. Capped us at I believe $2000 at most and they DID charge well over MSRP 👎👎

Their rational, it was luck to get a deal on a Shelby and it would alienate the others. I SERIOUSLY questioned it, as I said, I sold these to former clients, or fellow Mustang enthusiasts who knew me as "The Mustang Guy" at the dealership and they came from states over to SEE ME! So any deal I got, no one else would have gotten them, unless they got a lucky phone up. Needless to say, I lost. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Always hoped I would have sold my buddy his Ford GT when they came back out. While the dealer didn't have anything to do with the actual sale, as the cars were allocated to clients bases on the application process, the dealer the client picked to do the paperwork, got a flat $20,000 to do the transaction. Yeah, if my buddy had gotten his car while I was there, he would have picked me to do the deal! And I would have fought tooth and nail for my % of that $20K that's for sure! I feel for you buddy!! 😞😞

Oh, he did get his car, well, actually his wife got the allocation as she too is an owner of a prior Gen GT (the white one in the background) but I left the business by the time she got her allocation window. This is the car and a custom Extended Color Palette color...Dark Teal Metallic, from a 1969 Mustang. It's STUNNING in person! 🔥🔥
PXL_20210905_184903569.jpg

Last edited:
There's no chance I'd shell out $170k, let alone $230k for that. I'd prefer to purchase a 4x4 Benz Sprinter and customize it. Clearly, these vehicles aren't designed for the average person, and even if it were within my means, it's a definite "no".

ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!?????

Total & utter INSANITY!! So for $270,000 you can buy a Corvette that WILL depreciate in time (they ultimately will for a bit) or you can buy the absolute best example of the car GM benchmarked, the Ferrari 458! $270k will absolutely buy one of the lowest mile and highest spec around and you have a freaking FERRARI!! 👏👏 A car that will NEVER depreciate as EVERYONE who knows, the 458 was the last N/A V8, and the last car designed by Pininfarina. They hit their low point mid 2020 and they have been going up ever since.

I love hearing those Corvette fanatics who are proud of their flat-plane crank motor! I said to my buddies after we left the Philly Auto show (they had a blue Z06 on display that was just under $150k list, "Congratulations Chevy guys, you spent billions and years making a Ferrari 458, that was released over a decade ago! Great job!! 😂😂

The concept of a "market adjustment" doesn't really exist; it's just outright greed. Of course, when it comes to a $100k car, I don't sympathize with the buyers because they can clearly afford it or are making irresponsible financial choices to show off. However, I've observed market adjustments far too often on vehicles that regular folks would purchase. Dealers are exploiting the situation and overcharging hardworking customers. That's why I hold the opinion that all commission-based car salespeople are unscrupulous.

If there was a legitimate need for a $30k adjustment in the market, wouldn't you expect the manufacturer to have implemented it right from the start?

If a dealer willing to hit you with a crazy "market adjustment"

just imagine what their service invoice gonna look like :sick:

Slimey

The concept of a "market adjustment" doesn't really exist; it's just outright greed. Of course, when it comes to a $100k car, I don't sympathize with the buyers because they can clearly afford it or are making irresponsible financial choices to show off. However, I've observed market adjustments far too often on vehicles that regular folks would purchase. Dealers are exploiting the situation and overcharging hardworking customers. That's why I hold the opinion that MOST commission-based car salespeople are unscrupulous.

If there was a legitimate need for a $30k adjustment in the market, wouldn't you expect the manufacturer to have implemented it right from the start?

I fixed that for you buddy (may need to expand the quote 😊)! 👍 Not every salesperson is what you assume. Yes, a whole crap ton are, but not everyone. There are a small group who actually care about making customers happy to get them to come back again, and send relatives, & friends. I was full commission for my entire 23 years, but at a Ford store, that isn't making you wealthy, TRUST ME (especially when for many years it was a race to the bottom, price wise)!

My 2 best years were when we got bought out from being a single mom & pop store to part of a large local group. Sold 199, 159 & 199 in '17, 18 & 19 (I left Jan 2020 due to my health issues). And those numbers were just at my store. Didn't count the other cars I delivered through the other Ford store, the Lincoln store or the DCJR store. And the most I made....$65k GROSS in my last year.

It's all about set discounts on every car that's online, total volume and small $300 deals here and $500 deals there. They add up but not what most think! The proverbial "home runs" really no longer existed anymore. And if there was one, it was once in a blue moon! Are there scumballs who make 6-figures? Absolutely. Honda stores are notorious as everything was MSRP even before Covid. No one believed me, when I told people what I made (and showed them my by weekly check if they honestly wanted to see), they were shocked! Especially all the effort and hours I put in (I NEVER left when my schedule said I was done), and all the crap the stress did to my health. Looking back, it was NOT worth it.

Last edited:
I fixed that for you buddy (may need to expand the quote 😊)! 👍 Not every salesperson is what you assume. Yes, a whole crap ton are, but not everyone. There are a small group who actually care about making customers happy to get them to come back again, and send relatives, & friends. I was full commission for my entire 23 years, but at a Ford store, that isn't making you wealthy, TRUST ME (especially when for many years it was a race to the bottom, price wise)!

My 2 best years were when we got bought out from being a single mom & pop store to part of a large local group. Sold 199, 159 & 199 in '17, 18 & 19 (I left Jan 2020 due to my health issues). And those numbers were just at my store. Didn't count the other cars I delivered through the other Ford store, the Lincoln store or the DCJR store. And the most I made....$65k GROSS in my last year.

It's all about set discounts on every car that's online, total volume and small $300 deals here and $500 deals there. They add up but not what most think! The proverbial "home runs" really no longer existed anymore. And if there was one, it was once in a blue moon! Are there scumballs who make 6-figures? Absolutely. Honda stores are notorious as everything was MSRP even before Covid. No one believed me, when I told people what I made (and showed them my by weekly check if they honestly wanted to see), they were shocked! Especially all the effort and hours I put in (I NEVER left when my schedule said I was done), and all the crap the stress did to my health. Looking back, it was NOT worth it.
No offense, but dedicating all those hours and dealing with all the stress, only to end up with your highest earnings being $65k? It's pretty clear that it wasn't worth it. Not to mention, those hours were often spent away from family and friends during prime times.

F that!

No offense, but dedicating all those hours and dealing with all the stress, only to end up with your highest earnings being $65k? It's pretty clear that it wasn't worth it. Not to mention, those hours were often spent away from family and friends during prime times.

F that!
No offense. I really appreciate the kind reply. Some people would just throw some ignorant comment my way, so I much appreciate the mature reply. 🤝🤝🙏🙏

Yeah, hindsight is always 20-20. I was good at my job, had a good following and didn't want to have to "start over" at another dealership. 😞 I don't deal in regrets, but I do have a select few. And one was NOT applying for a sales job when McLaren came back to the USA back in 2011 when they gave one of the first 9 dealers in the country to West Chester. I had several GT500s orders for people (at MSRP) and enjoyed the product at the time (Ford had lots of cars not just trucks/SUVs like now). Yeah, I flubbed that one! 😢😢

No offense. I really appreciate the kind reply. Some people would just throw some ignorant comment my way, so I much appreciate the mature reply. 🤝🤝🙏🙏

Yeah, hindsight is always 20-20. I was good at my job, had a good following and didn't want to have to "start over" at another dealership. 😞 I don't deal in regrets, but I do have a select few. And one was NOT applying for a sales job when McLaren came back to the USA back in 2011 when they gave one of the first 9 dealers in the country to West Chester. I had several GT500s orders for people (at MSRP) and enjoyed the product at the time (Ford had lots of cars not just trucks/SUVs like now). Yeah, I flubbed that one! 😢😢
u seem like u are great at ur craft, i respect it

Man if you enjoy sales and are truly good at it, you gotta use that to get out there and make deep 6 figures in things like Tech or mortgages etc. Just another product.

Man if you enjoy sales and are truly good at it, you gotta use that to get out there and make deep 6 figures in things like Tech or mortgages etc. Just another product.
In this particular case, you're absolutely correct! Although I generally dislike sales jobs, regardless of how much you produce, you receive recognition quickly, and the following quarter or year, your targets increase because you've already demonstrated it's achievable. They often overlook the hard work it took to reach that point. Then, if you fall short of the targets, they start offering advice or put you on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), which can be frustrating. However, when things are going well, you can leverage it to advance in your career and switch positions. For instance, my friend at BestBuy was earning an annual income of $120,000 after bonuses every year, despite not having a high school diploma. He was simply a charismatic and skilled salesperson, and the fact that he was single with no children played a significant role in his success.

In this particular case, you're absolutely correct! Although I generally dislike sales jobs, regardless of how much you produce, you receive recognition quickly, and the following quarter or year, your targets increase because you've already demonstrated it's achievable. They often overlook the hard work it took to reach that point. Then, if you fall short of the targets, they start offering advice or put you on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), which can be frustrating. However, when things are going well, you can leverage it to advance in your career and switch positions. For instance, my friend at BestBuy was earning an annual income of $120,000 after bonuses every year, despite not having a high school diploma. He was simply a charismatic and skilled salesperson, and the fact that he was single with no children played a significant role in his success.
And at a lot of companies that 120k is just base too. You don't have to have more than a high level knowledge of the product, you'll have an accompanying engineer for that. A focused salesperson with the tools can eat.

Guy that ordered this is a friend of the Owner, he thought he was paying MSRP.
170k STICKER.
Owner told him he could have it for 220k- 50k mark up.
He passed.
270k is what it takes to drive it home.
Somebody will pay this. They capped our commission at $1000 on Vettes back before COVID:
At 270 sale comission should be 20k
I won’t be selling this that’s for sure, somebody else can do that work.
IMG_7584.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7581.jpeg

Bruh…

Ain’t No Way In Satans Hell. :rofl: :rofl:

u seem like u are great at ur craft, i respect it

Much love and appreciate buddy! 🙏 At one time, it really was a fun job. But several events removed the fun aspect and made it more of a choir. It's something I can't do anymore as the stress from it, and the pay structure doesn't allow some normalcy. It's why I believe most dealers now, offer a base salary with bonus incentives and or a small % of commission. Young people won't do this job on 100% commission, not knowing what they will make month to month. And frankly I don't blame them. Dealers have been taking advantage of this old "draw & commission" scheme for decades and this archaic pay scale needs to go away.

Back
Top Bottom