\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I share your appreciation for the new Grand Cherokee L, especially with the addition of a 3rd row. However, despite its newer and larger design, it doesn't match the appeal of the previous model, and the pricing, especially at 65k+, seems excessive for a potentially unreliable JGC. It's a common trend with SUVs being overpriced overall.

That F1 track looks crazy on the strip

IMG_0503.jpeg
C5F13A65-999A-47B0-98DA-51CA1C964F85.jpeg

Do y’all think we will see a significant drop in prices in 2024?

The only reason I’m considering the IS350 is the reliability and it will be fun to drive and decent in the snow BUT in reality I need an SUV. I love the new Grand Cherokee but the prices are just insane.
hell yeah we will see prices go down
everything that goes up must come down
I don’t know about significant but I think msrp will be back on the table.

There’s a few people high as **** thinking it’s still Covid with their pricing but other people are getting real again.
msrp is already pretty much back
helped someone snag a car a few months ago a tiny bit under msrp
only cars which are still over msrp are limited/rare cars like the gt3s and gt3rs

The MSRP prices are still exaggerated. There's no way the JGC Overland Edition was priced at 72K, and if it was, they must have been seriously overestimating its value.

The MSRP prices are still exaggerated. There's no way the JGC Overland Edition was priced at 72K, and if it was, they must have been seriously overestimating its value.
That’s why they’re not selling well. Why pay $72k-$80k for a JGC when you can get a Luxury SUV for that or in sone cases much less.. Lol

hell yeah we will see prices go down
everything that goes up must come down

msrp is already pretty much back
helped someone snag a car a few months ago a tiny bit under msrp
only cars which are still over msrp are limited/rare cars like the gt3s and gt3rs
Raptor R'a still going well over.
Not worth it.

That’s why they’re not selling well. Why pay $72k-$80k for a JGC when you can get a Luxury SUV for that or in sone cases much less.. Lol
I think I paid $36k for my JGC Altitude in 2014. No way I'd pay anything near $70k for one.

If you had a budget of 10 to 20k for a personal vehicle, what car would you choose, and how would you customize it?

Just thinking out loud amount car enthusiasts…… why won’t Ford bring back the Probe GT ( under a different name of course because I would never drive a “probe” ) . I know they cut it because it was supposed to replace the mustang but I think there is room for both.

Imagine a 2dr 3500lb manual car with a 450hp 510tq 3.5 H.O Ecoboost motor . It would be the perfect for the 400z, Supra etc segment.

62DB4380-4106-40CA-8347-3FE25848771B.jpeg

I can’t be the only one old enough to remember this car

You know it would be brought back as a SUV or an EV or both. You know us humans can’t handle new ideas unless they’re wrapped in nostalgia.

Just thinking out loud amount car enthusiasts…… why won’t Ford bring back the Probe GT ( under a different name of course because I would never drive a “probe” ) . I know they cut it because it was supposed to replace the mustang but I think there is room for both.

Imagine a 2dr 3500lb manual car with a 450hp 510tq 3.5 H.O Ecoboost motor . It would be the perfect for the 400z, Supra etc segment.

The Probe GT was undoubtedly fast and fun, especially when compared to cars like the Integra and Prelude from that time. Why wouldn't you drive it under a Probe badge?

Used to love the Probe and the Mazda twin. Unfortunately today folks rather a raised 5 door suv called a “coupe” instead of an actual coupe.

Which makes me want to move to the Galápagos Islands

inb4 05fordgt 05fordgt comes in and bashes ford

Used to love the Probe and the Mazda twin. Unfortunately today folks rather a raised 5 door suv called a “coupe” instead of an actual coupe.

Which makes me want to move to the Galápagos Islands
I feel like most people nowadays have one car to do it all and a cuv is just easier
i personally hate cuvs

You're not alone on this. Was a fun car for it's time. Only major issue was the motor. It was a Mazda V6 and if it went (and a bunch of them did go over time) it cost a boatload to replace. I vividly remember selling a Boysenberry Blue Metallic (which was really purple) GT manual in 1997 to a young girl who wanted a purple manual GT. Had to locate it from a dealer in NJ and we flat bedded it back. One of my first sales back in the day. Car was sharp looking but being FWD, was its downfall (that and the name wasn't a good idea, considering it was marketed towards women back then).

I feel with the whole EV thing slowing down to a snail's pace (or stopped in some companies) Ford will have to release come actual cars again as not everyone will want an SUV, or truck and with the Mustang NOT an inexpensive car anymore, and the lack of the ST siblings, they are lacking in the fun department.

If they didn’t make it a Ford Performance and just kept the trim level to say an ST then it would help keep the price where it should be ( in the 50s for the top trim) but if they did that they would probably use the 3.0 Ecoboost and cap power to 420hp which still would be great if they kept the weight down.

I realize I am looking at this from an enthusiast perspective not business one because I don’t know if it makes much sense for ford to make as MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain pointed out most ppl want/need one car that can do it all so this would be a very niche car and that always comes at a price

Back
Top Bottom