\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Looks like an Escape? 🤔

apps.40186.14502369539367888.315e4c0a-1f05-48b5-88a7-cde06c60d722.jpeg
2023-ford-escape-phev-110-64bfd22e1daec.jpg

Well, if the criteria is 4 wheels, a jellybean shape and an open grill then I guess someone can see the resemblance. But in person, they look NOTHING alike. Sold the Escapes for a long time and before I left, I HATED the 2020 refresh. Awful design that was just lazily mailed in. At least this 2024 refreshed front above gives it a better look. And the DBX in person has great presence. Is wide, aggressive and bigger and that interior 🔥 but looks alike? NOPE! And yes Ford sold them off back during the recession in 2009 or so (have to get the exact date).
As someone that sold Escapes, you would be more likely to notice the intricacies that make them different. To an average person, they look very similar.

I have never seen a DBX and thought Ford Escape. When I see the Honda HR-V I think “well they copied a Ford Escape”. When I see a Genesis G80 I think “well that’s a knock off Bentley”.

I do agree the old Ford Fusion front resembled Aston back in the day. But today I just don’t see it.

Let alone the 707.

1709862313644.jpeg

Meh they just stated the plant here in GA is now delayed. Dumped mine in the fall up. $12 i dunno i rather buy Ford stock for the same price and a dividend.

They are bleeding cash and every time an EV maker says a car will start at x dollars it is sold at xx dollars due to rising costs.

If that hatch thing was a 25/30k car they would have won. 40-60k is just meh.

Maybe they will merge or get bought by a larger company cause not sure how long they can keep this up.
Hoping China buys it for quicker access to the American market

You conveniently used the facelift model

This is the prefacelift that looks similar

download (1).jpeg

You know I know what it looks like, I sold them for crying out out and I HATED how it looked! Prior gen was way better looking. Still doesn't look the same, but hey, what do I know? 🤷

I have never seen a DBX and thought Ford Escape. When I see the Honda HR-V I think “well they copied a Ford Escape”. When I see a Genesis G80 I think “well that’s a knock off Bentley”.

I do agree the old Ford Fusion front resembled Aston back in the day. But today I just don’t see it.

Let alone the 707.

1709862313644.jpeg
yea that looks wack tbh

As someone that sold Escapes, you would be more likely to notice the intricacies that make them different. To an average person, they look very similar.

Yeah and it's not even close! Some stats:

DBX length 198 vs 181 for the Escape
DBX width (w/on mirrors) 78.7 vs 74 for the Escape
DBX wheelbase 120 vs 106 for the Escape.

DBX is 1.3 inches from being the same size as an Aventador. Is a wide SUV. No where close to the size and shape of an Escape. Like the post above, when you see one on the road, it looks different than photos. Definitely can tell it's "something expensive".

Want to know what looks more closely. Any Porsche 911 From the 997 to now and any Cayman. From the front, most non car people just see a Porsche. They have no clue if it's a C2S, 4S, GTS, Cayman S or GTS. The fronts are all too similar. Only the GT cars have more obvious visible differences. And I'm not alone in that. It's why I would NEVER buy a Porsche. Not unique enough, doesn't stand out enough and to me not "special" enough. Yeah I said that.

DBX is 1.3 inches from being the same size as an Aventador. Is a wide SUV. No where close to the size and shape of an Escape. Like the post above, when you see one on the road, it looks different than photos. Definitely can tell it's "something expensive".

Want to know what looks more closely. Any Porsche 911 From the 997 to now and any Cayman. From the front, most non car people just see a Porsche. They have no clue if it's a C2S, 4S, GTS, Cayman S or GTS. The fronts are all too similar. Only the GT cars have more obvious visible differences. And I'm not alone in that. It's why I would NEVER buy a Porsche. Not unique enough, doesn't stand out enough and to me not "special" enough. Yeah I said that.
:rolleyes

Look I get it, they’re different sizes, but they still look similar.

Of course Porsches look similar to other Porsches. Same with Mercedes/BMW/most brands. But no one is mistaking a Porsche for a Ford.

Yeah I agree, the DBX Escape Slander is wild lo

1709915795021.png

1709915965717.png

the aston martin suv sucks, americans do suvs right
not to mention escalade v>>>>

I mean we are comparing 4x4s to an AWD SUV. And those start from here
1709951576972.jpeg

GM knocked it out with their current suvs but i think the exterior styling is worse than the last generations. For such wide suvs they seem thin and high and ungainly. I do like the RST the most

1709951802085.jpeg

All i know is every time I get one in uber black I immediately understand the popularity. Nice interiors and super spacious, great engines and ride is solid.

Anyone ever get an auto loan online? Couple of my friends need a loan for a work truck but haven’t gotten what they need locally

Back
Top Bottom