\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

This discussion has given me a few laughs and helped me get my mind off of how I've felt for the past 5 weeks 😞 which is not good. Side effects of a GI surgery from 24 years ago. For the most part, only left the house to go to the store and to CVS for meds. 😞 If your curious, Google "pouchitis" to get the gist. Wouldn't wish this on ANYONE! Even my worst enemy. Be VERY thankful for healthy and functioning GI systems if you have one. Because if you are like me and are the short straw to get a hereditary disease, it sucks! 😢

jeeps are wack
the interior is ugly as sin
and the exterior looks the same for 20 years and they've been pushing that wack v6 for 20 years and want people to pay 50k :lol:

i think the bronco is really eating into their sales

If Jeep did a super-stripped down version of the Wrangler and/or Cherokee (and a small Comanchee-style truck) like that Toyota Land Cruiser they're selling in Japan, they could crush. But then again, it would still be Chrysler quality, so maybe not.

This discussion has given me a few laughs and helped me get my mind off of how I've felt for the past 5 weeks 😞 which is not good. Side effects of a GI surgery from 24 years ago. For the most part, only left the house to go to the store and to CVS for meds. 😞 If your curious, Google "pouchitis" to get the gist. Wouldn't wish this on ANYONE! Even my worst enemy. Be VERY thankful for healthy and functioning GI systems if you have one. Because if you are like me and are the short straw to get a hereditary disease, it sucks! 😢

Sorry to hear, man. I have a co-worker who has Crohn's disease. Says the same thing. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Hope you feel better soon!

Get well bro. I love reading your posts.

Sorry to hear, man. I have a co-worker who has Crohn's disease. Says the same thing. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Hope you feel better soon!

Get well bro. I love reading your posts.

Thank you guys! 🙏Really appreciate he well wishes.

ALNotSure ALNotSure Thanks for liking what I write. I just try to add my insight from a near quarter century in the auto business. 👍 Actually enjoy typing out stories.

Terrible marketing. Like awful. And the dealers don’t seem too nice. My experience except for one

Horrible marketing. I remember me and my boy went to a dealer who was an ******* to us and we said that’s why y’all cars aren’t selling and look at how yall market your cars. Dude felt bad cuz all we wanted was to test drive and asked us what they should do and we said figure that **** out cuz yall suck :lol:

Astons are just a weird niche. Big front engined GT cars that arent exotic or fast enough to compete with Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, or higher end Porsches but also arent luxurious or low-key enough to compete with Bentley, RR, or hell even something like the old CL or S class AMG coupes. So if you got a couple hundred grand to spend, seems like a hard sell unless you just really like their design.

I personally love them and contemplated a lightly used V8 Vantage for a long time but I have the same experience with their dealership I also tend to hang on to my cars for a bit and that British reliability aint it.

Astons are just a weird niche. Big front engined GT cars that arent exotic or fast enough to compete with Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, or higher end Porsches but also arent luxurious or low-key enough to compete with Bentley, RR, or hell even something like the old CL or S class AMG coupes. So if you got a couple hundred grand to spend, seems like a hard sell unless you just really like their design.

I personally love them and contemplated a lightly used V8 Vantage for a long time but I have the same experience with their dealership I also tend to hang on to my cars for a bit and that British reliability aint it.

It's why you don't ever take any high end sports car or exotic to a dealer once the warranty is out. Find yourself a GOOD independent shop who has all the tools, and computer equipment and you'll be very happy. Trust me. 👍

I hate dealerships.

Screenshot_20240312_150810_Reddit.jpg

im glad we can help get ur mind off it
you strong u gone make it through it, i appreciate urr presence in this thread

Assuming that’s a demon 170, a friend just had his delivered. He paid 5k over sticker. Has a long history with that dealership though

I hate dealerships.

Screenshot_20240312_150810_Reddit.jpg
That dealer add on is one of three things. The paint seal protectant, window tint or some type of tracker, that a lot of dealerships are contracted through a third-party agency that they have to use on every new vehicle( can’t remember the name specifically)

If Jeep did a super-stripped down version of the Wrangler and/or Cherokee (and a small Comanchee-style truck) like that Toyota Land Cruiser they're selling in Japan, they could crush. But then again, it would still be Chrysler quality, so maybe not.

That’s what they need to do, just let you build it how you want.

The wrangler is a solid platform. The pentastar is a million years old but reliable, transmission is a zf, enough said… diffs are dana.

Yeah the fit and fishing sucks but the bones are solid.

I wouldn’t touch a renegade of any of that fiat stuff.

Alot of cheaper vehicles from over seas would crush it here but we can’t get them that’s to our ridiculous laws and tariffs.

Last edited:
I'm unsure about the current situation in the EV market, but it appears that many manufacturers are facing challenges in selling their electric vehicles. Even Tesla seems to be experiencing difficulties. While I'm not actively considering purchasing an EV, I've been casually exploring some options. If you were to buy one, would you prefer a Tesla Model X or a Porsche Taycan?

speaking of tesla yall hear of this?

am i the onnly one whos always been weary of cars with no mechanical door handles?
ever since that old guy (RIP) in the corvette incident

I feel we’re at the point of diminishing returns as far as interiors.

They keep doing all this extra stuff nobody asked for. Just make it nice and call it a day.

I feel we’re at the point of diminishing returns as far as interiors.

They keep doing all this extra stuff nobody asked for. Just make it nice and call it a day.
Not singling you out, but just using you as an example as I have a question, do you thing the Lexus RC-F and GS-F is cheap or simple and nice ?

It looks good minus the temp display above the volume knobs. Just integrate it in the big one imo.

Edit, I guess just leave it for simplicity and you can see what you’re adjusting easier.

Back
Top Bottom