\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thats a question I've been asking forever. Modern emission laws would mess that all up.

Someone said Legend?
Screenshot_20240405_113725_Chrome.jpg

I had a 93 Cocaine white coupe. If Acura brought this back with the 6-speed, I'd empty my bank account for it in a heart beat.

Congratulations, those are quite challenging to obtain, and I've noticed they're fetching a high price. Personally, I'm not a fan and fail to see the appeal, but opinions vary depending on who you ask. On the other hand, the Silverado RST EV version looks impressive!

Thats a question I've been asking forever. Modern emission laws would mess that all up.

Not really. They would be restomods. Vintage look with modern drivetrains. Here is the link for that company I just mentioned above.

I've been driving an Orange truck for 2 yrs now and have yet to be pulled over. I'm very much an offensive driver but not to the point of being stupid.

View attachment 3239744
In my experience, cops don't bother new cars. They target clapped out cars.

Just last year at night, got pulled over in my older beater at a checkpoint. Different checkpoint in my other car which is new, they let me go

For my over 6’0” tall folks, for people who drive half ton pick up trucks(Tundra’s, Silverado’s, Sierra’s, Ram 1500), are they considerably roomy and comfortable for people who have really long legs? I’m 6’4” and as I said in a previous post, I want a Tundra Platinum.

I love my 18 impala, but I think i’m going to be done with sedans after this.

In my experience, cops don't bother new cars. They target clapped out cars.

Just last year at night, got pulled over in my older beater at a checkpoint. Different checkpoint in my other car which is new, they let me go
I used to own a '69 Karmann Ghia with a 2180 CC motor. The car sat inches from the ground, equipped with bucket seats, a roll cage, and spacers to accommodate the chromed-out motor. It attracted a lot of attention and was quite loud. One day, I floored it and a cop a couple of blocks away heard the noise and rushed to stop me. He issued me a few tickets, including excessive show of speed, speed limit violation, and I can't recall the last one. I contested the tickets, and the judge essentially accused the cop of lying. He questioned how the cop could determine I was exceeding the speed limit or exhibiting excessive speed. The cop was speechless. The judge, who happened to own a classic car himself, empathized with classic car owners who might be stopped by cops due to loud engine noise. He stated that the cop needed retraining. The courtroom was stunned by the judge's remarks.

For my over 6’0” tall folks, for people who drive half ton pick up trucks(Tundra’s, Silverado’s, Sierra’s, Ram 1500), are they considerably roomy and comfortable for people who have really long legs? I’m 6’4” and as I said in a previous post, I want a Tundra Platinum.

Yes. I have an 08 Ram 1500. Im 6'4 and can lay across they back or front seat. I know the later models are a little bigger than the 08 generation.

Oh wow. That must be super comfortable.
Yea, those lunch time truck naps are life!!. You can easily fit 3 not-us-sized adults in the back seat. 225k miles and still rolling. I let it set for about a year and 3 months after I got my Mustang and it cranked up first try. If I buy another ICE truck, its going to be a Dodge.

Yes they are very roomy.
Been on roadtrips with my buds all 6ft plus too and no one in the back complains about lack of space.
Forget the tundra grab a used TRX instead

I recently phoned a dealership to inquire about an SUV advertised as certified on their lot. Given that dealerships nowadays have varying interpretations of terms, my first question was, what does "certify" mean in this context? They responded by saying they ensured the vehicle was in top condition and conducted a 132-point inspection. When I inquired about an extended warranty, they mentioned it would be an additional cost. I'm feeling quite perplexed because I've always understood "certified pre-owned" to include an extended warranty covering both parts and powertrain. I'm frustrated with this ambiguity and tired of dealing with this nonsense.

I recently phoned a dealership to inquire about an SUV advertised as certified on their lot. Given that dealerships nowadays have varying interpretations of terms, my first question was, what does "certify" mean in this context? They responded by saying they ensured the vehicle was in top condition and conducted a 132-point inspection. When I inquired about an extended warranty, they mentioned it would be an additional cost. I'm feeling quite perplexed because I've always understood "certified pre-owned" to include an extended warranty covering both parts and powertrain. I'm frustrated with this ambiguity and tired of dealing with this nonsense.

Certified usually includes some amount of additional warranty, usually a year or 2 on top of the new factory warranty.

I'm assuming they thought you were asking about adding even more warranty on top of that which a lot of brands also offer.

Should have just asked for clarification.

Welp back on the market. My 2020 F150 has CDF drum failure at 58k miles and needs a transmission rebuild. Gonna miss my truck but I’m getting rid of it as soon as it’s out the shop. No idea what to get now though lol

Did you call an actual franchised brand dealership or a used vehicle center (like a CarMax, etc)? I ask as when an actual franchised dealer says "Certified Pre Owned" it's backed by the manufacturer and extends the powertrain warranty as part of the certification process and good at ANY dealer of that make, in the country. If it's from Car Max or CarShop, it's their own certification process and most times doesn't comes with any extra extended warranty.

Back
Top Bottom