Post Your Dog dogs no vol.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by eaalto

However, Costco sells it really cheap.  So go there.
pimp.gif

i get all my dogs stuff from costco.  bully sticks, dog food, turkey strips & raw hide rolls. im gonna cop a couple dog beds next time im out there.   costco holds it down
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I have 2 beds on the patio from costco, one by the fire place, and 2 upstairs in the room.  They even have some good toys here and there.  Animal buddies or something like that - long bodied gators, zebras, and rhinos or something.  Dogs loved them.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

pimp.gif

i get all my dogs stuff from costco.  bully sticks, dog food, turkey strips & raw hide rolls. im gonna cop a couple dog beds next time im out there.   costco holds it down
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I have 2 beds on the patio from costco, one by the fire place, and 2 upstairs in the room.  They even have some good toys here and there.  Animal buddies or something like that - long bodied gators, zebras, and rhinos or something.  Dogs loved them.

clapton1.jpg

My little dachshund mutt, Clapton. Not too sure what he's mixed with, but he's definitely mixed with some other breed, got him as a rescue from some trailer park about a year and a half ago, so he's almost 3 years old.

clapton1.jpg

My little dachshund mutt, Clapton. Not too sure what he's mixed with, but he's definitely mixed with some other breed, got him as a rescue from some trailer park about a year and a half ago, so he's almost 3 years old.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

do you guys use any anti-flea oil rubs or tablets/medication for your dogs? any alternatives to prevent fleas/heart worms aside from k9 advantix or frontline? not tryna spend 75-100 dollars every 2-3 months on anti-flea solutions.
this is my first puppy and so its my first go around with flea treatment medicine.  I have my pup on comfortis because I didnt want to mess with applicators and liquids and stuff like that.  Living in the city, I wasn't too concerned about heartworms and my vet didn't say that it was absolutely necessary so I do not have her on any heartworm medication.

Anyone have any experience with comfortis?  Is it effective or should I get her on something else?

do you guys use any anti-flea oil rubs or tablets/medication for your dogs? any alternatives to prevent fleas/heart worms aside from k9 advantix or frontline? not tryna spend 75-100 dollars every 2-3 months on anti-flea solutions.
this is my first puppy and so its my first go around with flea treatment medicine.  I have my pup on comfortis because I didnt want to mess with applicators and liquids and stuff like that.  Living in the city, I wasn't too concerned about heartworms and my vet didn't say that it was absolutely necessary so I do not have her on any heartworm medication.

Anyone have any experience with comfortis?  Is it effective or should I get her on something else?

I have a suggestion for you....at Costco, they sell the 3 pack of applicators for the same price, no matter what size dogs you are buying them for.  Larger dogs obviously need more, so more comes in the individual applicators.  You can get a syringe from your local vet.  Use the syringe to pull out whatever the recommended dose is for your dog, unscrew the needle, and use the syringe to directly apply whatever amount to your dog.  
We have two small dogs, so we buy the biggest version and instead of getting 3 doses for $37.99, and then just pull out .7 ml from the green applicator, and apply to one dog, rinse and repeat.

Unless you have a large dog, then this is all useless information.

Great info.  Gonna go check this weekend.  How many doses/usages are in the three pack of applicators and what brand of anti-flea treatment is in the pack? I personally have never seen any there.  I have a Lab Retriever, so the doses are probably going to be a lot more.  I don't trust the pills at all, just the oil rubs.  

I have a suggestion for you....at Costco, they sell the 3 pack of applicators for the same price, no matter what size dogs you are buying them for.  Larger dogs obviously need more, so more comes in the individual applicators.  You can get a syringe from your local vet.  Use the syringe to pull out whatever the recommended dose is for your dog, unscrew the needle, and use the syringe to directly apply whatever amount to your dog.  
We have two small dogs, so we buy the biggest version and instead of getting 3 doses for $37.99, and then just pull out .7 ml from the green applicator, and apply to one dog, rinse and repeat.

Unless you have a large dog, then this is all useless information.

Great info.  Gonna go check this weekend.  How many doses/usages are in the three pack of applicators and what brand of anti-flea treatment is in the pack? I personally have never seen any there.  I have a Lab Retriever, so the doses are probably going to be a lot more.  I don't trust the pills at all, just the oil rubs.  

Originally Posted by pianoman52

my Scottie that just turned 1 year old. my dude posed the same exact way for comparison. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Nothing but Pit Bulls on this site.  Glad to see a fellow Scottie.  Funniest dog I've ever owned.  She terrorizes our Pomeranian like it's her job.  Waits for him at the top of the stairs, waits for him at the bottom of the stairs, runs ahead on the walk and then charges back, always going straight for the neck.

ur scottie looks awesome!!! and i know what u mean about that stare down and chomp game. lol 
happy.gif

btw, have u seen this site?  http://www.scottishterriernews.com/ 

they have fun daily posts / blogs about scotties.

Originally Posted by pianoman52

my Scottie that just turned 1 year old. my dude posed the same exact way for comparison. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Nothing but Pit Bulls on this site.  Glad to see a fellow Scottie.  Funniest dog I've ever owned.  She terrorizes our Pomeranian like it's her job.  Waits for him at the top of the stairs, waits for him at the bottom of the stairs, runs ahead on the walk and then charges back, always going straight for the neck.

ur scottie looks awesome!!! and i know what u mean about that stare down and chomp game. lol 
happy.gif

btw, have u seen this site?  http://www.scottishterriernews.com/ 

they have fun daily posts / blogs about scotties.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I want a dog...but I don't have the patience to walk them. I be seeing my neighbors out at 5AM in the winter walking the dogs. Couldn't be me.

I want an Ocelot now.

u dont have to walk them that early... they probably bout to go to work so thats the dogs morning walk, the dog is probably used to the routine as well

Back
Top Bottom