Post your Kobes/LAKER colored/inspired kicks....vol we'll get em next year

Good Lord!! refresh my memory, what was the deal/story behind the ML's... cheers

Here is an article link: http://sneakernews.com/2011/05/09/nike-zoom-kobe-vi-motherlover/

The only guys who could have you more shocked at a special edition package and its contents than the ‘Snake Crate’, it’s fitting to see this viral hit from The Lonely Island featuring Justin Timberlake make its mark on a pair of Nike Zoom Kobe IVs. The ‘Motherlover’ Zoom Kobe 4 was created in 2009 for a 4on4 basketball tournament where a Nike Basketball crew of Jason Petrie, Kyle Yamaguchi and others rocked the JT and Andy Samberg-inspired look and are apparently the only guys who ever got a pair (aside from the pair pictured here). And we’re glad we have these photos now, so they’re not the only ones who’ve seen them too. This teal design accented by early ’90s tribal graphics and character drawings from the music video will have you giggling as soon as you see the lyrics printed on their insoles. Click through to see more images of Alan Leung‘s sample pair, let us know if you’d like to see another SNL skit immortalized on a Nike Basketball collaboration and stick with Sneaker News for updates in case this pair happens to release.

I gotta pick up those Elevations at some point. Dropped a good amount of dough recently for some other Kobes though, so I'll have to wait it out a bit.

Yeah I missed out when they originally came out. Didn't really get into Kobes until the KB8s and The Kobe, but I always thought the Elevations had a cool look to them. The Adidas Kobes had a nice run for a while. KB8s are hands down one of my favorite non-Nikes ever.

Yeah I missed out when they originally came out. Didn't really get into Kobes until the KB8s and The Kobe, but I always thought the Elevations had a cool look to them. The Adidas Kobes had a nice run for a while. KB8s are hands down one of my favorite non-Nikes ever.

You got into the line a lot earlier than I did. I didn't come around seriously until the ZK3 BUT I always had Kobes here and there. The Kobe 1s & 2s. Huaraches like crazy. I CAN'T WAIT until they retro the KB8s. A "Crazy" 2 would be nice too.

Do you mean the KB8 IIs or the KB8 Is? The KB8 Is (Crazy 8s) just got a recent retro, so you should be able to pick up some pairs without too much hassle. I know I was dying for the KB8/Crazy 8 All-Star colorway to rerelease since I didn't get those when I was younger. I wasn't a big fan of the Adidas Kobe II, but I liked the Adidas Kobe I/Crazy 1 a lot. Still remember playing ball in those back in high school.

I've had my eyes on a couple of the laser Huarache 2k4s for a while, but people are asking for some crazy prices for those these days, at least in my size. If a pair pops up at a decent price, I'm definitely going in though.

Do you mean the KB8 IIs or the KB8 Is? The KB8 Is (Crazy 8s) just got a recent retro, so you should be able to pick up some pairs without too much hassle. I know I was dying for the KB8/Crazy 8 All-Star colorway to rerelease since I didn't get those when I was younger. I wasn't a big fan of the Adidas Kobe II, but I liked the Adidas Kobe I/Crazy 1 a lot. Still remember playing ball in those back in high school.

I've had my eyes on a couple of the laser Huarache 2k4s for a while, but people are asking for some crazy prices for those these days, at least in my size. If a pair pops up at a decent price, I'm definitely going in though.

Sorry, I was talking about the KB8 II.

That leaves me to wonder what the retro name would be because the Kobe 1 got the Crazy 1 moniker.

My favorite Adidas Kobe was The Kobe mesh pair that he broke out during the playoffs. The sunshine colorway is a close second.

Still remember when my silver pair got stolen when I was in the 6th grade :smh:

Yea, those mesh's were dope. I wore my sunshines not too long ago.
Hopefully Adidas starts springing more of these retros. The Crazy '97 (Elevation) retro is damn nice.

What else do you think they'll do? We've already seen the crazy 8, crazy 1, and now elevation.

I guess the Kobe 2?

I'd love The Kobe 2, KB8 2.....I wasn't crazy a out the KB8 3

Bring back the 9/11 Kobe 2......any of the KB8 2 CWs

Last edited:
Yea they need to drop the kb8ii and The Kobe...would cop black and whites of both along with the sunshines...nate rockin em in the area codes vid :pimp:

Awesome pick up on the Del Sol VIs. I've actually been looking for another pair, ideally DS, but they're hard to come by nowadays

Back
Top Bottom