Post Your Motorcycle

Added lots of goodies to my 15' CBR600RR. Also got a new bike stand. If anyone is interested its an ABBA Skylift. A little pricey but well worth it. Works great for doing maintenance and love how compact it is. Living in an apartment with a one car garage so this lift makes it so much easier to move it around when I need to.

BEFORE

AFTER

THAT TOCE EXHAUST THO!! :smokin :smokin

ONCE I GET A BIKE(STILL LOOKING), TOCE EXHAUST IS DEF ON THE RADAR, ALONG WITH THE RACEFIT GROWLER.

Anybody with locs here? Been rocking full face helmets all day but when I get my locs done/styled/braided, my head can't fit no more or if it can fit, it's super tight to the point I get a bad headache.

Been debating to get a bucket helmet for those time.

Anybody else have this problem? Are bucket helmets the answer?

Anybody with locs here? Been rocking full face helmets all day but when I get my locs done/styled/braided, my head can't fit no more or if it can fit, it's super tight to the point I get a bad headache.

conventional wisdom is that helmets should be a tight fit, so you could buy a less padded/thinner internal lining to see if that gives you the additional space you need (though this could result in an ill-fitting helmet for when you don't have locs?) or (and probably the better and more expensive route) just buy another (fullface) helmet that fits better for when you have locs?

Yeah I feel that, but was more so looking for a cheaper option. Already got three full face (two in the past three months). Been really interested in the German type helmets that the Busa catz be wearing all the time. Plus been noticing, I tend to always have my visor up while riding cuz I like the wind feel, so was Gon look into that. Just don't know where to cop. My local bike shop don't carry them.

I do, I have a 3xl helmet and fitment is an issue when Ive got a bunch of unlocked new growth. Just dealing with it really.

THAT TOCE EXHAUST THO!!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONCE I GET A BIKE(STILL LOOKING), TOCE EXHAUST IS DEF ON THE RADAR, ALONG WITH THE RACEFIT GROWLER.
Have you heard a Toce exhaust in person? Its pretty loud. Honestly it gets tiring after while. Although, I started wearing headphones and earplugs to protect my hearing so I don;t mind it as much anymore. Wind noise messes up your hearing pretty bad.

Have you heard a Toce exhaust in person? Its pretty loud. Honestly it gets tiring after while. Although, I started wearing headphones and earplugs to protect my hearing so I don;t mind it as much anymore. Wind noise messes up your hearing pretty bad.

NAH IVE NEVER HEARD IT IN PERSON...BUT IT SOUNDS BADA~~ VIA YOUTUBE VIDS! MORE THAN LIKELY, THATS PROBABLY WHAT I ROLL WITH.

I HAVE MY SIGHTS ON A 2007 CBR1000rr, BIKE ALREADY HAS JARDINE SLIP ONS NOW. SO I CHECKED OUT JARDINE ON YOUTUBE, WASNT IMPRESSED.

PLUS IM USED TO LOUD, MY CAR IS PRETTY LOUD AND I DRIVE IT 7DAYS A WEEK.

Last edited:
NAH IVE NEVER HEARD IT IN PERSON...BUT IT SOUNDS BADA~~ VIA YOUTUBE VIDS! MORE THAN LIKELY, THATS PROBABLY WHAT I ROLL WITH.

I HAVE MY SIGHTS ON A 2007 CBR1000rr, BIKE ALREADY HAS JARDINE SLIP ONS NOW. SO I CHECKED OUT JARDINE ON YOUTUBE, WASNT IMPRESSED.

PLUS IM USED TO LOUD, MY CAR IS PRETTY LOUD AND I DRIVE IT 7DAYS A WEEK.
Yeah it definitely sounds dope. CBR1000RR's are sick, looking forward to seeing what Honda does next year with them. I heard they're doing a complete overhaul finally. The recent 1kRR's are pretty outdated as far as electronics go comparing it to BMW, Yamaha's R1, etc

Post up a pic if you get it!

Yeah it definitely sounds dope. CBR1000RR's are sick, looking forward to seeing what Honda does next year with them. I heard they're doing a complete overhaul finally. The recent 1kRR's are pretty outdated as far as electronics go comparing it to BMW, Yamaha's R1, etc

Post up a pic if you get it!

GOTCHA!

AND WILL DO!

Went to go test ride a Superduke 1290 R, and it is a beast! :wow: Unfortunately they let me ride a Tuono right afterwards, and I see why people love the V4.... Now I want an RSV4. Then again, i've only been riding since Feb, so everything feels better than my old *** R6 :lol:

[emoji]9994[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Save the "squid" talk for ya mama....

Let bikers cook how they wanna cook, ya heard...

Last edited:

[emoji]9994[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Save the "squid" talk for ya mama....

Let bikers cook how they wanna cook, ya heard...

Well damb...

I'm not gonna tell anyone how to live their lives, but that's truly a "'ride or die" chick.

Last edited:
WELP I'M STILL ON MY JOURNEY TO FIND MY 1ST BIKE..... THIS IS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE BUNS THAN I EXPECTED...

ESPECIALLY DEALING WITH MORONIC SELLERS LIKE THIS :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
^ it was pretty clear from the beginning that that was shady. Best avoided before the bike gets repossessed or something.

^ it was pretty clear from the beginning that that was shady. Best avoided before the bike gets repossessed or something.

YEA NO DOUBT.

THE IMMEDIATE RED FLAG FOR ME WAS WHEN YOU CLAIM YOU GET A OFFER THE VERY NEXT DAY AFTER I CONTACT YOU...... YET YOUR LISTING HAS BEEN ON CRAIGSLIST FOR A MONTH(OR LONGER). SMH.

Last edited:
Besides waiting on the buyer with better offer, everything else seemed shady.

When I am selling sneakers people always hate on me waiting for someone to come thru with their better offer. Grinds my gears.

Do any of you own trailers for your bikes or do you just have a beater truck to tow it around? Thinking about getting a simple ramp trailer, but not sure.

Do any of you own trailers for your bikes or do you just have a beater truck to tow it around? Thinking about getting a simple ramp trailer, but not sure.

no, but i do have a foldable ramp & tiedown straps. if ever i need to transport a bike, i just rent a uhual or zipcar truck or van...

bigslim773 bigslim773 I cant stand craigslist... Easy 2nd grade level words are always spelt wrong, like the person just rushed and typed up what they had in their head that very minute withour proof reading it (very professional☻). Half the time people dont put a phone number then u go and email them and they dont respond or if ur lucky get a response 2 or more days later. They list a few after market parts and ALWAYS say something like "theres a lot more to list but i forget". LIKE YO HOW DO U FORGET WHAT U BOUGHT AND INSTALLED/GOT INSTALLED ON THE BIKE[emoji]128514[/emoji]. Another thing that sucks is they cud always pull that BS "well i got an offer a few days ago for 4000" (just say their asking price is 4500 and u offer like 3500), u never can trust that riff raff. How about "well it comes with the helmet and its got blue tooth intercom, it was $300". LIKE YO I DONT WANT THE HELMET WITH THE BIKE LOL....

Idk what ur budget is but sometimes ur just better off hitting the dealer around the off-season months (not sure where ur located tho). Go there offer up a low price and if they dont budge give them ur number and let them call u, dont show too much interest even tho it might be hard. Its either u find a rare needle in hay stack honest seller or to work the salesman.

I recently looked at a 2012 yamaha r6 raven black with 8.5k miles with an $8,300 list price at a very very reputable dealer i told them im a cash guy they said 8800 out the door i said let me know when u want to talk on a realistic price. They came down to 8500 i said na kelley blue book says about 7200 from dealer in excellent condition (which it was in) and that KBB factored in average miles per year so it was 10-11k miles that reflected on the KBB price but this bike only has about 2k miles than KBB's estimate. Only extras were a rear fender eliminator, flush turn signals front and rear, different windshield, carbon GTYR slip-on and the things on the back so u can put it on a stand. Like i said theyre very reputable and they know the bike will probably sell at asking price because joe schmoe that never gripped a clutch before can walk in and say he'll take it for $300 less just so he can fit in with his bike friends lol.

Last edited:
diplomat1 diplomat1

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! :lol:

AND ITS CRAZY CUZ I THINK I FOUND "THE BIKE" (2007 CBR 1000 15k MILES ON IT, CONDITION LOOKS EXCELLENT FROM THE PICS) TODAY AT A DEALERSHIP IN COOKEVILLE, TN WHICH IS ABOUT 4 HOURS FROM MEMPHIS WHERE I AM.

I HAVE ABOUT 5.3K CASH IN HAND. BIKE IS LISTED AT $6999.... SO I CALL.

SALES MANAGER, SO HE CLAIMED, ANSWERED THE PHONE.

I EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT IM IN MEMPHIS AND IM INTERESTED IN THE BIKE. I TOLD HIM IM NOT INTERESTED IN FINANCING, I HAVE 5K IN HAND...

HE PROCEEDS TO SAY EHHHHH I CANT GO THAT LOW... THEN COMES BACK AND SAYS END OF THE SEASON IS COMING AND IM TRYING TO GET SOME STUFF GONE, I CAN DO $6600 OUT THE DOOR WITH EVERYHING INCLUDED....

SO I WAS THINKING TO MYSELF..... IF I PHYSICALLY WALKED IN THERE WITH THAT $5K IN HAND, HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT...

SO WHAT I MAY DO IS TRY AND SCRAPE UP 1K MORE AND DRIVE OUT THERE AND STICK TO MY 5K STORY AS LONG AS POSSIBLE... IF IT DOESNT WORK THEN I'LL HAGGLE UP TO 6K MAX OUT THE DOOR AND SEE IF HE BITES.

Yea from my prespective it is tough to say if you can get him down to a "X" amount price because i do not know the demand for crotch rockets in ur hood, but im on long island in new york and i can tell u the demand is high along with dirtbikes n quads cuz kids ride out out here without a F to give. Dealers are a pain to work cuz they know theres always a son/daughter out there that is bound to walk in with mommy/daddy and walk out with the bike for just under tag price.

Its a real sucky gamble u have to take cuz u want it badly n u know it could be purchased any minute u are not there but on the other hand another one may just pop up. Dealers play games but doesnt mean u cant play along. Never show them too much interest.

Last edited:
cash in hand is always good motivation! generally though, you will pay more @ a dealership than in a private sale; and any bike where they eat too much on the sticker is prolly a bike you don't want to take (goes the same for private sale)...craigslist can be a hassle, but you are way more likely to find a deal there, you will just have to deal/wade through a bunch of flaky people; it is just worth remembering that if something is too good to be true it most likely is & no matter who is doing the selling, their goal is to get the most they can from a sale...but again, cash in hand is always good motivation!

diplomat1 diplomat1

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! :lol:

AND ITS CRAZY CUZ I THINK I FOUND "THE BIKE" (2007 CBR 1000 15k MILES ON IT, CONDITION LOOKS EXCELLENT FROM THE PICS) TODAY AT A DEALERSHIP IN COOKEVILLE, TN WHICH IS ABOUT 4 HOURS FROM MEMPHIS WHERE I AM.

I HAVE ABOUT 5.3K CASH IN HAND. BIKE IS LISTED AT $6999.... SO I CALL.

SALES MANAGER, SO HE CLAIMED, ANSWERED THE PHONE.

I EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT IM IN MEMPHIS AND IM INTERESTED IN THE BIKE. I TOLD HIM IM NOT INTERESTED IN FINANCING, I HAVE 5K IN HAND...

HE PROCEEDS TO SAY EHHHHH I CANT GO THAT LOW... THEN COMES BACK AND SAYS END OF THE SEASON IS COMING AND IM TRYING TO GET SOME STUFF GONE, I CAN DO $6600 OUT THE DOOR WITH EVERYHING INCLUDED....

SO I WAS THINKING TO MYSELF..... IF I PHYSICALLY WALKED IN THERE WITH THAT $5K IN HAND, HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT...

SO WHAT I MAY DO IS TRY AND SCRAPE UP 1K MORE AND DRIVE OUT THERE AND STICK TO MY 5K STORY AS LONG AS POSSIBLE... IF IT DOESNT WORK THEN I'LL HAGGLE UP TO 6K MAX OUT THE DOOR AND SEE IF HE BITES.

I KEEP TELLING YOU MAN. LOOK IN TEXAS. BIKES FALLING OUT THE SKY :lol: .

Back
Top Bottom