Post Your Motorcycle

2006 Gixxer 600.  Bought it brand new, first and only bike I have ever owned.  Don't really hit the track or the canyons anymore, but its still my daily driver.  28k+ miles so far

do you not want the gixxer 1000? what does the mileage look like? one thing i've found to be true, at least in my area, is that liter bikes can be had cheaper than 600s
naw... not really...

they're higher in maintenacne, and dont do too well on gas... i'm trying to whip this bike on a commute type steez...

a 1000 is for performance... and i aint into all of that...

you think i could flip and get an 06+ 600?

i been lurkin craigslist for a few weeks now......................found a good deal but the guy seem sketchy as i kept asking more questions

naw... not really...

they're higher in maintenacne, and dont do too well on gas... i'm trying to whip this bike on a commute type steez...

a 1000 is for performance... and i aint into all of that...

you think i could flip and get an 06+ 600?
The 06+ 600's are plentiful in California around the $4000 range.  I get about 150 miles a tank (including reserve) and that's mostly freeway driving going around 80 or so commuting to and from work.

The 06+ 600's are plentiful in California around the $4000 range.  I get about 150 miles a tank (including reserve) and that's mostly freeway driving going around 80 or so commuting to and from work.
see... that's what i'm gunning for...

i bought this 04 gsxr1k for 4k...

i want to flip for 4500 and cop a nice 06 for commuting purposes..

plus, 6hunnas have plenty of power....

not trying to crack 140 on the highway too easily. :lol:

So I had my bike (2008 Ninja 250) for about 2 years now. The other day I took it out and it seem to work fine. Turned it on and off about 4 times that day (riding to different locations, park, off, then on to go somewhere).  Well the 5th time that day, it wouldn't turn on.  The lights were on, but the bike wouldn't start.  Had to jump start it like 4 times.  Every time I would come to a stop, the bike would cut off again.  So I ran it around the block without stopping for awhile until it warmed up.  Got it home and now won't start again.  I don't know anything about maintenance for a bike.

My question is, is it the battery or something else?  Suppose to trade this guy for his 2006 CBR 600 (with cash on top) sometime next week.

Also finally got my vest for this bike crew. Pretty syced about that.

Anybody else a in a bike group?

So I had my bike (2008 Ninja 250) for about 2 years now. The other day I took it out and it seem to work fine. Turned it on and off about 4 times that day (riding to different locations, park, off, then on to go somewhere).  Well the 5th time that day, it wouldn't turn on.  The lights were on, but the bike wouldn't start.  Had to jump start it like 4 times.  Every time I would come to a stop, the bike would cut off again.  So I ran it around the block without stopping for awhile until it warmed up.  Got it home and now won't start again.  I don't know anything about maintenance for a bike.

My question is, is it the battery or something else?  Suppose to trade this guy for his 2006 CBR 600 (with cash on top) sometime next week.
damb brah...

might be best off take it to a guy...

or trading w/ somebody from out of town. :lol:

Sounds like a battery issue since u found it with the lights on. Try to tend(charge it) if that dont work, replace it.

^ Thanks bro. Imma give it a shot. If i have to go the other route, any specific battery I should get or is a battery just a battery? Sorry for the noob questions. I'm pretty sure the ppl at the bike shop could help, but just want y'all opinion. Much appreciated.

And I wasn't with them back then. Just started riding with them last summer. But it sucks though cuz they keep leaving me in the dust thanks to my 250 smh.

Did you use a different gas station that last time you got gas and did you use 93 octane champ??

^ usually have a container of gas that I put Costco 87 gas in at the crib. But had to fill up at a random gas station last Saturday. Different gas and from a different station matters?

i saw the repsol 250 in person yesterday too

looks cool

this new entry level sport bike market seems to be gettin bigger huh?

brand new 600cc are like starting at what these days 10-12k?

lol.................i gotta find the article but motorcycle sales are not what they use to be

with that said i plan to get a 600 im 6'1" and 200-205lb range. just wondering what you guys think about these bikes

Last edited:
^ usually have a container of gas that I put Costco 87 gas in at the crib. But had to fill up at a random gas station last Saturday. Different gas and from a different station matters?
That's probably it right there champ.  Due to your bike being fuel-injection, the gas that you used last Saturday at that random gas station or filled up with probably didn't agree with your system.  Same thing happened to my boy a few years ago with his bike.  That's most likely the case.  Try to drain or get rid of all the recent gas you filled up with and then go to the regular gas station that you normally go to and fill up there.  See if that works first.  If not you probably have to take it to the shop and get worked on unless somebody in your crew works on bikes.  Also, not sue if you did or didn't but NEVER put 87 octane gas in your bike, always 93 octane premium.  Keep me updated on the situation.   

That's probably it right there champ.  Due to your bike being fuel-injection, the gas that you used last Saturday at that random gas station or filled up with probably didn't agree with your system.  Same thing happened to my boy a few years ago with his bike.  That's most likely the case.  Try to drain or get rid of all the recent gas you filled up with and then go to the regular gas station that you normally go to and fill up there.  See if that works first.  If not you probably have to take it to the shop and get worked on unless somebody in your crew works on bikes.  Also, not sue if you did or didn't but NEVER put 87 octane gas in your bike, always 93 octane premium.  Keep me updated on the situation.   
Depends on what the manual says.  For instance, my '06 gixxer 600 takes 87, but the 750 and 1000 both take 91 (there is no 93 in california).  I've also filled up at random gas stations and been just fine, although I don't do it often, and don't mix gas, I ride it till the reserve light comes on.  Just take the bike to a mechanic and get a proper diagnosis.

any ideas on what type of jacket to get to ride with? the warm weathers so close i can already hear my bike running

Back
Top Bottom