Post Your Motorcycle

05 is nice, just picked up my 07 Repsol recently.

Does the CBR really get about 30 miles once the gas light comes on?

05 is nice, just picked up my 07 Repsol recently.

Does the CBR really get about 30 miles once the gas light comes on?
Yea but mines an 11'...the 07s are the old model which are bigger then the current ones..not sure on the size of the tank but id say an 07 gets a little more gas mileage then mine..

Went to go check out that 05 Repsol. Mint doesn't even begin to describe how good that thing looked. Has a full scorpion exhaust too. The owner loves his toys. Dude had a Harley, and Red Porsche in his garage along with the Repsol. He's giving me two Repsol jackets, and that KBC helmet Repsol1k posted earlier. I'll be getting it on Wednesday after I take this exam I've been prepping for. Plenty of pics will be provided. Any advice for a rider jumping up to 1000cc from 600?

Went to go check out that 05 Repsol. Mint doesn't even begin to describe how good that thing looked. Has a full scorpion exhaust too. The owner loves his toys. Dude had a Harley, and Red Porsche in his garage along with the Repsol. He's giving me two Repsol jackets, and that KBC helmet Repsol1k posted earlier. I'll be getting it on Wednesday after I take this exam I've been prepping for. Plenty of pics will be provided. Any advice for a rider jumping up to 1000cc from 600?

Lucky you, sell me one of those Repsol jackets!

The Repsol helmet is basically done. I think they expire this year or next year.

No advice for the 600-1000 jump. Obviously it's faster and jumps off the line quicker. Bigger bike, doesn't turn as smoothly. You'll pick up the differences as you ride the bike the first few times.

Look forward to seeing the pics and congratulations. I love my Repsol, I posted pics of it on like page 11 or 12. Ran over a nail this morning and had to get a new tire though :x

Last edited:
^ Appreciate the info. I'm waiting to hear back from a guy selling an '05 636 in Black/Gold. I can get it for around 2k less than the Repsol but damn that Honda feels so right.

Dunno what the weather's looking like in you alls neck of the woods, but it's a beautiful day here in Ga. Not a cloud in the sky. A mild 81 degrees currently. Meeting up with a group of folk to ride out to a lake. Will be posting the pictures later. If you're riding today, you fellas be safe out there.

It's about 70 and sunny with calm wind out here in VA. It hasn't even been a week yet since I sold my FZ6R and I'm already chomping at the bit to get back on the road. Alright so here's my dilemma. I have three great bikes to choose from all within the same price point due to some heavy negotiation on my part. First is an '05 CBR1000RR Repsol with 18000 miles for $6300. Second is a 2010 GSX-R600 with around 2300 miles for $6500. Third is a 2008 Ninja ZX-6R with 2700 miles for $6000. If you guys were in my position which bike would you choose? I haven't called State Farm yet to find out how much each would cost to insure. I probably won't be able to do that until Tuesday because of the holiday. Insurance will definitely play a factor in the decision I make. Oh yeah, pics below:

'05 Repsol:

'10 GSX-R:

'08 ZX-6R:

Last edited:
I'd go with the Gixxer, but if you're coming from a 600 you said you just sold so if that wasn't enough power for you then go with the 1000CC Respol.

I know you said the dude with the Respol babied it, but 18K miles is a lot.

I'd go with the Gixxer, but if you're coming from a 600 you said you just sold so if that wasn't enough power for you then go with the 1000CC Respol.

I know you said the dude with the Respol babied it, but 18K miles is a lot.

It's not that a 600 isn't powerful enough. My FZ6R was a sport standard, not a full on supersport. It's not really a matter of power. I was a bit reluctant about the CBR as well but after seeing it in person and talking to the owner I'm not really worried about it. It's an '05 so it breaks down to just over 2200 miles a year since it was purchased. I'll call up a few bike shops and find out what needs to be done as far as getting it serviced. If it's too costly I won't get the CBR, and I'll grab the GSXR.

I appreciate the input so far. If anyone else has any words of wisdom please don't hesitate.

I rarely get on here on the wknds but I'm glad I did now lol..u really have 2 options..the gsxr or Honda..if the Honda had less miles that would be the obvious choice..and 18k is not a lot of miles specially for an 05..but its still a 1k..if u have any knowledge of how to do maintenance and don't care about resell value I'd say go with the Honda..but..that gsxr with 2k isn't even broke in yet..the gixxer and Honda ride completely diff..so its really on u

**** i have a gsxr and I'd definitely take that Repsol :lol: any more pics of it? that's my dream bike

GsxR
More versatile.
U can rack up 4k miles n
Get what u paid for if u choose to upgrade or move on.
GsxR are the most well balanced bikes.
But Hondas retain there value.

I would freak that GsxR.
If u choose to be a sticky(turns,canyons) or a stunt cat the 600cc is the way to go.
The liter(1000cc) looks good but limits u. (Ull nvr be able to make it ur bish, too much power regardless who u are)

GsxR
More versatile.
U can rack up 4k miles n
Get what u paid for if u choose to upgrade or move on.
GsxR are the most well balanced bikes.
But Hondas retain there value.

I would freak that GsxR.
If u choose to be a sticky(turns,canyons) or a stunt cat the 600cc is the way to go.
The liter(1000cc) looks good but limits u. (Ull nvr be able to make it ur bish, too much power regardless who u are)

So for the twisties and better handling it's the 600 over the 1000? I love the twisties, I mean that's why I ride but I always wondered if it was worth it to upgrade to the 1000. I have an 02 F4i 600 but I guess it's not worth it from what I read. How much different do the gixxer's ride from the CBR's? My next bike is going to be between those two.

From earlier today with two of my hombres. Those dudes are maniacs. I hit at least a good 120 and I was behind em. :lol:

The destination. Met some joint in bikinis. Unfortunately I had my cowl on and no spear helmet.

So for the twisties and better handling it's the 600 over the 1000? I love the twisties, I mean that's why I ride but I always wondered if it was worth it to upgrade to the 1000. I have an 02 F4i 600 but I guess it's not worth it from what I read. How much different do the gixxer's ride from the CBR's? My next bike is going to be between those two.

Yup. 600cc are the way to go for the twisties. U can always add more torque n power but ull nvr have MOAR high end speed. But the real track guise ride 6's.

They can push it more within their means. A liter is a slight bit heavier n harder at taking turn vs a 6.

U can't go wrong with either Zuki or Honda. Both are great. From what I hear its the r6 that's a beast on the twisties.
The stigma with a liter is just the whose bigger thang mentality.
I got a liter FYI.
Wish I had a 6 tho. I would prefer a 6 on canyons n to stunt n a liter to cruise.

I'm currently saving for a 6 so I can stunt n rag without worry.

Yup. 600cc are the way to go for the twisties. U can always add more torque n power but ull nvr have MOAR high end speed. But the real track guise ride 6's.

They can push it more within their means. A liter is a slight bit heavier n harder at taking turn vs a 6.

U can't go wrong with either Zuki or Honda. Both are great. From what I hear its the r6 that's a beast on the twisties.
The stigma with a liter is just the whose bigger thang mentality.
I got a liter FYI.
Wish I had a 6 tho. I would prefer a 6 on canyons n to stunt n a liter to cruise.

I'm currently saving for a 6 so I can stunt n rag without worry.

Thanks for the info. So you think r6 is the way to go out of those three?

Thanks for the info. So you think r6 is the way to go out of those three?

Go for what the best deal u can get or ur preference in brand. All are great n can't go wrong.
I'm a Zuki head but would have no prob switching to any other make as long as I got a great deal.
Good luck.

Dope pics Blink. Ur bike is SECKS on wheels. I wouldn't put stickers on it unless u lay it down.
Clean>>cluttered look

Last edited:
Yeah I decided to take off the Metal Mulisha sticker off and put it on one of my spare helmets. Figured a sticker bombed helmet is more reasonable that messing up the aesthetics of my bike. No way am I taking off the blink-182 smiley face vinyl though. :lol:

This is crazy I started this thread in 09 and remembered how badly I wanted to get a bike. I been out of niketalk for a while but I finally got my bike last year a honda cbr 250

Back
Top Bottom