Post Your Motorcycle

OP siting. What's going on man? We definitely appreciate you making this thread 4 years back. The switch from Yuku to Huddler caused the thread to lose a lot of pages (it was in the 70s or 80s I think) but we're still in here keeping it going.

How long have you been riding? And how is the 250 treating you? I know we hassle folks about starting off in such a small bike, but at the end of the day, you've gotta be comfortable with your riding ability. Glad to see you on two wheels famb.

wow thats awesome and yea am a complete beginner so thats why i got the 250 but now i been riding for like 8 months now.

Turns out I might not be getting the CBR. I found out that there's supposed to be a pretty major service done on the bike at 16,000. By all accounts I've read online that's around a $700 service which includes checking the valves. If the current owner hasn't had it done then I won't buy it. I'm not trying to buy the bike, get it registered and pay taxes on it just to fork out close to $1000 for a scheduled service. It's looking like the Suzuki will be my move.

i'm looking to sell my 250 and move up to a ZX6r or GSX 600 or 750. anyone who has ridden both willing to share their opinions?

Turns out I might not be getting the CBR. I found out that there's supposed to be a pretty major service done on the bike at 16,000. By all accounts I've read online that's around a $700 service which includes checking the valves. If the current owner hasn't had it done then I won't buy it. I'm not trying to buy the bike, get it registered and pay taxes on it just to fork out close to $1000 for a scheduled service. It's looking like the Suzuki will be my move.
Its not mandatory and its not needed..kinda how people say change Ur cars oil every 3 thou miles when u can actually go 6k or 7k..if u have any Honda ?s pm me or come to my forum for Honda 1ks..1000rr.net

Its not mandatory and its not needed..kinda how people say change Ur cars oil every 3 thou miles when u can actually go 6k or 7k..if u have any Honda ?s pm me or come to my forum for Honda 1ks..1000rr.net

Thanks I'll create a name over there.

What's going on fellas. It's been a long day. Checked out the GSXR today and I wasn't really feeling it. I called the local Honda dealer to ask about the Repsol. The owner told me it was 100% up to date on service so I called to verify. Everything checked out, and I went to go get my girl. With all that said gentlemen meet Helena...

I'm tired as hell so I didn't take that many pics. I'll probably post more tomorrow after work. Thanks again to everyone who helped out with my questions.

What's going on fellas. It's been a long day. Checked out the GSXR today and I wasn't really feeling it. I called the local Honda dealer to ask about the Repsol. The owner told me it was 100% up to date on service so I called to verify. Everything checked out, and I went to go get my girl. With all that said gentlemen meet Helena...
I'm tired as hell so I didn't take that many pics. I'll probably post more tomorrow after work. Thanks again to everyone who helped out with my questions.

Congratulations. I love this bike. What size are the two jackets and are you interested in selling either?

so my bike rear brakes are squealing like crazy, the guy i bought my bike from said he recently no longer then 2 mnths ago put new pads on. Any idea fellas?

on another note this past weekend was my first time really really riding. i didnt realize riding can tire you out, i was so tired when i was finish it was crazy. i guess i have to get used to it.

I call her Orange Juice
Did you have any motor work done champ??
so my bike rear brakes are squealing like crazy, the guy i bought my bike from said he recently no longer then 2 mnths ago put new pads on. Any idea fellas?
I really wouldn't go by what the seller told you in regards to him changing the pads 2 months ago.  Sure he might have changed them 2 months ago but he might not have.  Or he could have used old brake pads when he did change them, who knows.  In his mind, the bike is sold so I'm sure he doesn't really care either way, and just wanted to get you off the phone by saying whatever.  Do your pads squeal everytime you break??  If so, it's just best to see if you can get someone to change your pads for you, shouldn't be that much.
on another note this past weekend was my first time really really riding. i didnt realize riding can tire you out, i was so tired when i was finish it was crazy. i guess i have to get used to it
You'll get use to it in no time champ, before you know if you'll be able to ride for hours and won't be too fatigued.  Just wait till it gets even warmer and you start sweating even more. 

What was it that made u want a supersport
instead of the standard? I ask because I think
I would like the riding style of a standard more.

I didn't mind the standard. I got it specifically for the purpose of gaining experience and confidence. The supersport was always my ultimate goal. There are some very nice standards out there like the new Ninja 1000. I would say sit on some standards and some sports. If you prefer the less aggressive positioning then go for it. I liked my FZ6R a lot.

We should set up a meet up and ride. I know a few of y'all live in the Northern Virginia. Should do this in the next couple of weeks.

I'd be down for a meet up. It'd have to be like a legit NT moto-summit. Like a mini bike week and what not. We've got some months left in summer to plan it. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom