Post Your Sunglasses : Vol. Spring is here Summer is close

Originally Posted by Gameover2

does anyone know if the Evi's can be RX'd?
Yes, but you're risking a $500+ frame really.

It's plastic, and they have to heat to soften the frame and put the new lenses in. One F up and your frame is forever deformed. However, if the person doing it is an expert, there shouldn't be a problem. One guy did that already (check pgs 1-15)

*used to work for an optical company.

I'm thinking bout gettin sum blue raybans but I dnt want them to be clashing with my fit if I'm wearing red, purple, or something. Do you think it's just better to get a pair of black shades so tht it goes with everything or is it possible to get away with non-matching shades?

Again, not my pic, but I just picked up another pair of Frogskins.

This time Grenade x Oakley collab.

oak0016oli_01

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

It's plastic, and they have to heat to soften the frame and put the new lenses in. One F up and your frame is forever deformed. However, if the person doing it is an expert, there shouldn't be a problem. One guy did that already (check pgs 1-15)

Alright, gotcha. But the frame itself is not too big for prescription lenses? Coz I know some frames cannot be Rx'd due to its size.

For those that want prescription lenses in their sunglasses, have you ever thought about getting contact lenses instead?

For about 200-300$, you can get a year's supply of contact lenses. You can rock your sunglasses without having to worry about your vision. And plus, you don't have to risk destroying the frame of the sunglasses, let alone the value if you try to sell it in the future.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Alright, gotcha. But the frame itself is not too big for prescription lenses? Coz I know some frames cannot be Rx'd due to its size.
I'm not quite sure about the official specs but Evi's should be fine. We've done bigger/more complicated frames before and was able to safely mount new ones.

What's your prescription? That would be a more important factor.

For about 200-300$, you can get a year's supply of contact lenses. You can rock your sunglasses without having to worry about your vision. And plus, you don't have to risk destroying the frame of the sunglasses, let alone the value if you try to sell it in the future.

it costs more especially there are lenses out there for under $50. basically you're spending more just to wear the sunglasses because it'll be the Sunglasses+cost of contacts.

that's what I'm doing right now but I also use my contacts when I play sports, so it isn't really a waste + good hookup with contacts.

I said im gonna stop be a being a compulsive buyer everytime i see a good deal. Found these shades on sale and added a 20% coupon code i found on the net. Was gonna post the deal here so if anyone else wanted them they could get them also but when i went back they were sold out. I grab the last pair
pimp.gif
. To think i almost said that i was gonna wait till i got to work tomorrow and order them.

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

They need to come out with some newer designs cuz most of these companies are just recycling ideas 

we're talkin about sunglasses just how innovative do you expect them to be?
laugh.gif

What's that one website that would always advertise on google ads in this thread? With the cheap wayfarers?

Originally Posted by hadegbite

I said im gonna stop be a being a compulsive buyer everytime i see a good deal. Found these shades on sale and added a 20% coupon code i found on the net. Was gonna post the deal here so if anyone else wanted them they could get them also but when i went back they were sold out. I grab the last pair
pimp.gif
. To think i almost said that i was gonna wait till i got to work tomorrow and order them.

mad.gif
mad.gif

[h1]Port agents seize $18.6M in fake designer sunglasses[/h1]
By Denise Nix Staff Writer

Posted: 04/22/2010 10:44:52 AM PDT

More than $18.6 million worth of fake designer sunglasses have been seized in the past month by agents at the Los Angeles and Long Beach ports, officials said today.

More than $18.6 million worth of fake designer sunglasses have been seized in the past month by agents at the Los Angeles and Long Beach ports, officials said today.

The bogus eyewear, which counterfeiters try to pass off as Versace, Luis Vitton and Coach, violate copyrights, hurt legitimate manufacturers and may cause injuries to consumers, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials.

The counterfeit glasses may not be impact resistant or fail to provide protection from ultraviolet sun rays, officials added.

Agents seized six shipments between March 13 and April 14 of about 156,900 pairs of counterfeit sunglasses from vessels that arrived from China, officials said.

"Stopping the importation of

counterfeit and pirated merchandise continues to be a top priority for CBP," said Christopher Perry, acting director of Field Operations, Los Angeles.
"These seizures are fine examples of the hard work the men and women of CBP perform to protect the American consumer and the economic vitality of our country," Perry added.

During the last fiscal year, CBP officials made 14,841 seizures of counterfeit and pirated goods, with a total domestic value of $260.7 million, at U.S. ports of entry.

Back
Top Bottom