$$$ Post Your TAX REFUND 2012 $$$

Originally Posted by villansfinest

UbUiBeMe wrote: So is H&R Block a rip off?

Well, for 99% of you... (LOL) H&R block won't do anything for you that you can't do yourself. There is online software programs that are free up to a certain income level. And you can always print out the forms and follow the instructions for each line. If you can read and do math, doing your own taxes could be a great way to save money!

Again, I'm curious. How much do some of you pay to have your taxes done for you?
Pretty well summed up.
H&R  is such a rip off people be getting charged $80+ for the simple stuff.

Since I work at Chase I deal with refund checks a lot during these months. I had a customer tell me he paid $150 at H&R because he had them process his stuff to get it back in 2 weeks  
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I paid my friend $40 for everything got it in less than a week straight to my acct 

i've made so many changes and i'm still getting back money ...
indifferent.gif
this time i ain't mad though ... i was expecting to not get back much so i'm going to japan
smile.gif

last year me and the wifey got back $2,500...

this year turbotax says $316...

how is that possible? (I claim 2 she claims 0 if that matters) ... our salary went up a little ...

should I go see a professional?

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

So is H&R Block a rip off?
They looked out for me 
When I did my taxes online I was getting back like $690 and I thought I should have gotten more...I forgot to put in the fact that I took one class and put in my 401k and I got back like an extra $1800

I started the process with tax act and it said that I was getting 685 back and I owed the state like 121
mad.gif
I didn't submit it and decided I'd go to hr block again. I may check out the other site that someone mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

last year me and the wifey got back $2,500...

this year turbotax says $316...

how is that possible? (I claim 2 she claims 0 if that matters) ... our salary went up a little ...

should I go see a professional?
do you have kids? did you claim eic? u missed something

$532
I've been working since June, making minimum wage.

So that's the biggest check I'll ever receive

i filed on feb 3rd and Turbo Tax sent me an email saying that the irs is backed up and to not expect my return until the 21st but this morning i woke up to a nice surprise and found that it was deposited today 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

$5,200 federal $1,100 state (state didn't come yet)

Had my daughter last year so that's where the bulk of it is from 
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

Question though, does anyone know why the state takes so much longer to come in?

like they didn't even give me an expected date for my state return 
nerd.gif

H+R block and those types of places are ripoffs WHEN you start paying for the extra nonsense...the "refund anticipation loan" is str8 robbery and they get rich off of dumb people year after year

if you do it online or in the spot you will pay the same filing fees if you have a basic return...they charge a little more for more difficult returns-

30t6p3b.gif
whatever you do dont let them convince you to do any of the extras...no HR block debit card no rapid refund etc etc...do str8 direct deposit and your money will be there in full on the date projected (sometimes earlier)

I been usin the same CPA for years, since Ive been working literally, he just picked mines up on Saturday. My Moms has her own Dentist Practice so he just does mine as well. Anything is good as long as I dont owe.

I got a $1 dollar irs tax refund last year. Its still hangin on the wall from last year.

i paid $40 at H&R Block and was out of there in 20 min. im content with that. my return, not so much.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

-$305

I owe.
30t6p3b.gif

Damn shame I paid over $11,000 last year in taxes, and I still owe.
how do you owe when you paid so much? It dont make sense

Originally Posted by 4U2C

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

-$305

I owe.
30t6p3b.gif

Damn shame I paid over $11,000 last year in taxes, and I still owe.
how do you owe when you paid so much? It dont make sense

If he owes then he didn't pay enough in taxes.   I know because I owe $1500 
mad.gif

Can someone school me on turbo tax? How much do they take from you?

And how long do they take to refund? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Can someone school me on turbo tax? How much do they take from you?

And how long do they take to refund? Thanks in advance.

Man did you read anything posted here? All the info your asking is on page 1 and 2 of this thread

Back
Top Bottom