Post Your Thanksgiving Food Dishes/Menus/Recipes/Drinks For The Holiday This Year

Hosting Thanksgiving this year at our house. We hosted it back in 2010 when we lived at an apartment and it went really well.

More space at the house means more people and alas.....more food and drinks.

Looking to switch it up and start new traditions. My girl is Puerto Rican and they are real big into doing the same traditions that have done for years, which is cool, but I'm trying to start a few new ones.

Feel free to post any pictures or recipes of things you guys have going down next week.

I'll post few when I get off work and head home.

p4l we are having thanksgiving also and like your girls fam its usually the same thing

Yeah I was focusing on making some new holiday festive beverage to endure some of her fake *** unbearable family members. I don't do well with the fake smiles and handshakes. Never was able to contort my face into expressions that don't match what I think of somone.

Think we are going to have a few traditional staples and revamp this whole holiday to keep it fresh.

My moms has been switching it up the past few years. There are some constants(by request). Last year we did a seafood based Thanksgiving(gumbo, fried fish, shrimp ect. There year before that it was BBQ. Lots and lots of BBQ. Year before that, we all had personal Cornish Game Hens(OD if you ask me.)

I'll be working. Gotta get that paper. I'll probably have my chef cook up something nice the day before. 

Dawg. I'm away at school and I've been dreaming of #DATFIRSTPLATE for days now
mean.gif
 So ready for that home cooking I can't take it any more. May pass out after a plate or 3. Get up the next AND DO IT ALLLLL OVER AGAIN
pimp.gif

P4L, my shorty makes the best buffalo chicken mac and cheese, baked with some bacon bits.. LISTEN MAN..

Also OP, im the same way when it comes to thanksgiving and people around me. My mom has about 10 of her close "friends" over but I hate them all so I eat a few plates of moms food and then go househopping. Theres something about hispanic women that doesnt allow them to be around each other without being worried about what theyre wearing or who has the nicest house etc, it makes me sick.

P4L, my shorty makes the best buffalo chicken mac and cheese, baked with some bacon bits.. LISTEN MAN..
Also OP, im the same way when it comes to thanksgiving and people around me. My mom has about 10 of her close "friends" over but I hate them all so I eat a few plates of moms food and then go househopping. Theres something about hispanic women that doesnt allow them to be around each other without being worried about what theyre wearing or who has the nicest house etc, it makes me sick.

Yeah man....something about Latinas in a hot *** kitchen and the holiday season. Disaster will strike. :smh:

Lechon
Sinegang
Lumpia
Adobo chicken
Care care
Pansit
Fish
We dont do turkey in my house.

Amen to that.....Turkey is overrated IMO. I could do without it. I feel that people spend all the damn time cooking it just because, even though no one really looks forward to eating it anymore. Turkey needs a year or two hiatus to feel the love again.

Last edited:
My recipe for this year.

Multiple plates.
1 fork.
1 knife.
1 spoon
Food (adjust accordingly).

Last edited:
Amen to that.....Turkey is overrated IMO. I could do without it. I feel that people spend all the damn time cooking it just because, even though no one really looks forward to eating it anymore. Turkey needs a year or two hiatus to feel the love again.

I cant stand turkey its too dry. I want to try the deep fried turkey tho i heard the diff is night and day

We do thanksgiving up pretty big at my house. My dad loves to cook and host people and since his brother has Christmas, my dad goes all out.
If you are hosting a lot of people you'll probably want to rent some chairs/tables/tableclothes and even silverwear if you don't think you'll have enough. It's really impressive to your guests and just nice to look at when everything at a big table matches. My dad took a step further a few years ago and custom built heavy wood table tops that fit on a normal folding table (think beer pong size). What he did was basically bought really thick pieces of plywood, stained them so they'd be hold up for a while, and put a frame of 2X4 wood blocks on the bottom of the table so they'd fit on top of the beer pong tables without sliding around. He then put like bathroom door locks on the ends so lock two table tops together. Then throw a table cloth on top of both. This was the result last year...

We got a lot of people obviously so my dad has also added deep fried turkey injected with creole seasonings and a crown of prok to the traditional oven turkey. So thanksgiving is looking like this...
quote]

Nice looking Thanksgiving. Definitely official. That deep fried turkey sounds on point.....I will try to persuade my lady to try something different this year as well.

We did this turkey recipe last year and it was real juicy. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

Menu also includes pernil, mac n cheese, stuffing, rice(latinos can't live without rice), two salads, collard greens(with pigs feet), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes etc.

Now a days you can pretty much cook anything as long as you follow directions.

Can't forget that apple and pumpkin pies to finish it off. 
pimp.gif

pan con pavo

pumpking pie

fruit cocktail

imported beer

Back
Top Bottom