Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Even in 2014 RD stands by itself? To who? Because ATLiens, All Eyez on Me, and 7 Day Theory definitely came out in 96
\

All Eyez on Me wasnt that good of an album. production carried it. you can replace AEOM with It was written, UGk Ridin dirty or De La Soul Stakes is High.

Dudes are wildin in here.

Who exactly was trying to sound like Jay in 97?

Puff and Mase looking the way they did had nothing to do with Jay and everything to do with Hype.

Outside of a couple of songs there was nothing shiny or pop about RD, Vol. 1 yes but not RD.

That album was slept on because he was trying too hard to sound like Big and Nas when they were in their prime. By 98 when Big was dead and Nas had fallen off it was easier for Jay to navigate that lane.

Outside of a couple of songs there was nothing shiny or pop about RD, Vol. 1 yes but not RD.

which is why i keep typing "it wasn't critically acclaimed in 96...people thought it was too pop"

because, today, that sounds completely ridiculous...

listen to how rappers were rapping in 96

then listen to reasonable doubt.

i love the great adventures of slick rick but it's not better than Illmatic.

Lol some of you guys find so many angles to hate on reasonable doubt. It wasn't critically acclaimed in 96. It didn't go platinum till 2000. Rd wasn't a classic till jay kept whining about it. Wasn't a top album in 96. too pop. Sit down :lol:

Last edited:
Mannie fresh>>>>dre, timbo,pharrell,dilla,premier, just blaze, kanye etc, fresh is the goat when it comes to making beats

882b9dbfb0b23616ec3e1b5980da8e98.350x263x23.gif

At how much of an impact it had when it dropped in 96, when it was clearly overshadowed by a bunch of other albums that came out then. It didn't get regarded as a legendary classic til years later.
said it had little impact when it came out...multiple times

Reasonable Doubt wasn't even taken seriously until Jay's mock retirement/ around the time of the Black Album. Then everyone wanted to rediscover his back catalogue and say how RD was so great when in actuality...it's because no one ever listened to it

this isn't true. your age is showing....

black album was prolly your first time hearing this.

Back
Top Bottom